• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any ex S2000 or current S2000 owners?

I sold my NSX and bought a blue/blue '02 S2000 w/ 14K miles.
I love it...it's a blast to drive and I've always wanted a convertible.
The stock handling is amazing...better than the stock suspension in my first NSX, but that may be due to age.

The only downside so far is not being able to track it without a rollbar.
Anyone know a source for a rollbar that will not interfere with the top and still look good?

Going from an nsx to an s2k....I am impressed! Sadly i feel i need to ditch the S and get the nsx. I know @ some point i'll get one again. They're fun little things.

My NSX was heavily modded for track use.
It was still street legal, but I'd had fun with it and wanted to try something different. The grass is always greener....

Aww come on, you don't like the newest drift body kits for the Mustang? You can get them on ebay for $350 and its problem solved!! :biggrin:
I am extremely picky and demanding actually. If my standard were low, I could had easily saved $30k in modding fees just on NSX alone, this is only a fraction of what some other NSX owners spent. lol. Parts on NSX adds up extremely quickly, I kept all the receipts and put them in organized folder, but I am usually afraid to look at them :redface:

Some S2K info, lol:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzmFVS8jmPM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzmFVS8jmPM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Too fun, it is almost not fair. The car is bone stock, full weight, zero mods. I can't even imagine how much fun it would be with stiffer suspension, I/H/E+FI. It actually might not even need FI.

Off to Japan, peace

Get a 04-05 S2000, which is AP2 w/ AP2 v1 wheels. The 06+ wheels (AP2 v2 wheels) don't look that great. With the 04-05, you get the updated cosmetics inside and out and better torque at low RPM.

The 00-01 models have a plastic window which is less desireable and since a convertible isn't that important to you, the top will likely be up - you will want a glass window for improved rear visibility/clarity.

An 02-03 model is good if you want the 2.0L motor instead of the 2.2L motor and don't want the updated cosmetics (personally, the updated cosmetics make the car look much better).

The 9K RPM of the AP1 S2000 has a cult following. If a 9K RPM is important to you, then get the AP1.

If having a good balance of a sporty car that's great to drive on the streets (even daily) and the track, useable torque at low RPM (city driving, etc), looks good, has nice factory wheels, a glass rear window, then get the 04-05 model.

Last edited:
Great breakdown mickey. I agree for the most part the ap2's do have a nicer look to them both inside and out. They improved it well for the most part. I wish i had the tweeters in the doors. I do enjoy the freedom of a 9k redline. Plastic window is a pain as well but i only drive the car 6 months out of the year and mostly only on nice days. If i had a choice, i'd go ap2.

With the 04-05, you get the updated cosmetics inside...
I'll agree the outside looks better in some ways but the "updates" inside are all bad. :redface:

I guess you'll want to check them both out yourself. :)

An 02 model is good if you want the 2.0L motor instead of the 2.2L motor and don't want the updated cosmetics (personally, the updated cosmetics make the car look much better).
I'd pick an '03 over an '02 since not all '02s had the updated banjo bolts.

Back