• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Interest in Right Hand NSX Floor Mats?

Folks, in the past, we have received several inquiries regarding the availability of our after market floor mats for right hand drive NSXs.

If there is enough interest, we are willing to make these available if someone can send us a template of the floor mats and trunk mat. Please PM with details if you are interested. TIA.

Hrant,

Can't you just turn them upside down??:D

I'd be very interested in red :) I'll see what I can do for a template.
I think the trunk is the same.

not till I get m JDM NSX-R... :-D

As per www.nsxcb.co.uk, there always is a demand for OEM and Zanardi (Type_S ZERO) floor-mats. I'd advise trying to setup a group-buy there for the NSX'ers across the pond. They'd be rather smitten! :cool:

Goodluck.

Hrant,

I am after a set (from Dali's website):

Black (only one with double heel density) with tan embroidery and border.

I think that would go with my interior... Is that possible?

10915DSCN1218.JPG

Attachments

• floormat_custom_colors_tan.jpg
    floormat_custom_colors_tan.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 217
Yes it is possible as I already have it in mine :wink: But your tan floor mat does not appear to be the OEM one, especially not in color.

The pic you show from Dal's website is the Spa yellow. The Polyneon thread tends to reflect light differently based on which angle you look from, and that picture was taken with a flash. The real tan embroidery is below albeit for left hand drive. I also included a comparison next to the OEM gray and the foam backing, and our red one which seems to be gaining popularity especially in Europe. HTH.

Last edited:
Hrant said:
Yes it is possible as I already have it in mine :wink: But your tan floor mat does not appear to be the OEM one, especially not in color...

They are OEM actually but they do tend to turn out a different shade in photos depending which way the pile is brushed. The Interior colour is a '98 colour officially called CAMEL which seems a slightly different colour to yours in the photos.

Secondly, and again from Dali's web site... What does it mean when you say that the black ones are the only ones available with "doule heal density"?

Mine is 98 Camel as well (98-T, one of five in the US). Ambient light does make a difference, but the camel OEM floor mats here tend to be closer to the floor carpeting. And yes the pile based on how it was vacuumed also can create a shadow look.

Thanks for catching the reference to "double heel density." It needs to be updated as all of the floor mat colors that we stock in inventory have double heel density. Unlike other manufacturers, this feature is not stamped on the carpet but its in embedded in the pile.

As an additional option, we are testing with AutoVation the option of having their heel guard mated to the our floor mats so there is a more finished look with their matching custom pedals. Stay tuned.

dippy9 said:
I desperately need a new set of mats. Whats the chances of black with red NSX lettering or a honda logo?

Send NSXclubofAustralia a PM, he is trying to coordinate this for those in Australia.

But first, I need driver/passenger templates with where the tie down hole is for newer mats - just in case some insist on having one with the grommet. Black and red is no problem. Once we have the template, it takes about two weeks to ship :wink:

Hrant,

I am definitely interested and if you need commitment to order and go ahead please treat this as being a definite.

I have a 1997 red NSX and a 1991 black NSX and would like the red mats with black NSX logo and outline for the red car and a set of Zanardi black with red logo and outlines for the black one.

Wouldn't it work to make a template by turning over a US set and templating form the reverse side to end up with right hand drive set?

Please let me know where you are in terms of commitment as coincidentally I have been investigating mats recently and am a definite starter.

Cheers

Nigel

Sydney Australia (President of Honda Sports Car Club here)

Hrant,

I am definitely interested and if you need commitment to order and go ahead please treat this as being a definite.

I have a 1997 red NSX and a 1991 black NSX and would like the red mats with black NSX logo and outline for the red car and a set of Zanardi black with red logo and outlines for the black one.

Wouldn't it work to make a template by turning over a US set and templating form the reverse side to end up with right hand drive set?

Please let me know where you are in terms of commitment as coincidentally I have been investigating mats recently and am a definite starter.

Cheers

Nigel

Sydney Australia (President of Honda Sports Car Club here)

Well it looks like we are up to 6 from Australia alone - Dippy, NSXBOX, Nigel (for 2 sets), AU_NSX and myself. Surely the UK can match us......I guess the weather is so good there they never get mud or anything on their mats.....

Nico, how are you going with that template mate?????

Yes this is quite encouraging. I love the quick way you guys make decisions while our brethren in the UK are mulling over tea what to make of this offer :wink:

Regarding the templates, whoever is taking the lead (and if I can have more than one template made that is even more reassuring), please make sure that they are precisely cut to the exact shape as the shop is pretty good at matching the template. You may want to trace the actual floor carpeting rather than the OEM floor mats as mats appear to have some odd cut angles near the seat. Even better, if you have a set of used right hand drive floor mats that you will discard, ship it to me that way we really have the real deal. I will be happy to pay your shipping cost.

Please note that the floor mats we make for the US tend to have a lip that goes under the seat (see the pics in my post above). I think esthetically this looks nicer - since it will cover more area - than the square cut with the two flaps on each side.

Things to consider though: check if there are any peculiar problems under the seat if we replicate the extension of the lip under the seat. I know there is the seat motor and our lip gets pretty close to that which adds to the stability of the floor mat hence the no need from the tie downs. If you "really" want the holes in your floor mats to secure it to the carpeting under it, make sure you circle the right size and location of the holes on the template. Personally, I think the holes take away from the clean look.

I'm also after a set of interior and trunk mats for my '92 Sebring Siver over black interior. How about OEM grey with black piping and NSX logo? ....any idea of cost shipped to Melbourne, Australia?....Count me in

The box with a set of floor mats weights about 7lbs. Based on such weight and assuming the parcel meets the size requirements of destined country, US Postal Service rates are as follows. Air mail takes about 4-10 days, surface about 4-6 weeks. Global Express which delivers in about 3-5 days is about $5-$8 more depending on destination.

Australia: $45.85 air mail and $25.40 surface
UK: $40.05 air mail and $28.45 surface
Brunei: $38.50 air mail and $25.40 surface

Insurance for $120 is $3.80
Return Receipt is $1.85

Last edited:
Hrant,

I have an account with BAX Global who, in my experience, are cheaper than USPS for bulk or large shipments. All I have to do is call them up and they will pick up from your address when everything is boxed and ready. I pay the complete shipping on arrival and after customs clearance in Australia

I'll put it to people in this group buy if they want to combine their shipment with mine which will be going to Sydney...

Hi Hrant,

As per my reply on www.nsxcb.co.uk I'd be up for a set of these.

I'm looking for Black mats with Black edgeing and Orange/Gold lettering (the closer to Orange the better) for my Imola Orange Pearl car.

If you get enough RHD order to go-ahead take this as a frim booking.

Thanks

Mark

Hrant,
Im in for a pair of Mats with the Red logo...Let me know when you want to do it.
Kevin

Back