• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any other BMW M3 owners from the past, present in here? I keep coming back...hehe

Yinzer, thanks for the kind words ~ the e90 m3 to me is too sedate and isolated. It's the worst M3 in my opinion for the track, just too heavy of a car but it makes a great occasional DD with the kids. I'm debating now if I want to keep it and mod more or sell it for a F10 M5. Look how fat it looks:
I'd have to disagree. IMO, the E9X M3 has the least amount of understeer and is the flattest-tracking generation M3. The E46 has a lot of the signature BMW "understeer-to-oversteer" steering characeristic, (similar to the 96+ M3s) but has enough power to be fun. The 95 M3's were a bit more neutral due to the square tire setup, but were neutered in the power department compared to its euro counterpart.

After tracking every generation, I like the E9X's ability to be awesome on track with its stock suspension, enough power to goof off with, and ride quality nice enough for a great daily driver. The E30 is iconic with a great little motor but short of coilovers, the suspension was a bit 'floppy' and 200hp isn't a ton. It really doesn't take much to make any generation into a neutral, great-handling car. I'm really excited for the next generation Turbo M3. -An M3 with TORQUE!!!

I've had my E36 for almost 10 years now and just added a E90 M3 to the stable.

Last edited:
I got my e90 m3 for my dd about a year ago,and love it.it's a great dual purpose car,very comfortable when just cruising around with only a slightly harsh ride over bumps,but a beast when you stomp on it .it's almost as fast as my friend's Gallardo, and has the great performance intangibles of wonderful engine sound and throttle response.the only real downside is terrible gas mileage,about 12 mpg around town.

I bought a new 98 M3 in Estoral Blue (in 97)and loved it. Then in 1999 got a new 2000 MRoadster convertable in Silver and it was fun but twisted too much when you really drove it through the corners. I had a personal licence plate made that said M and M and everyone thought I liked candy. Well, I guess I did - both great cars. After 2 summers with MRoadster I traded it for a new Infiniti QX4 and $7K cash and then decided to ssell the M3 to the BMW dealer and bought my 95 NSX in Midnight Pearl which I still have today. Great cars and loved the older looks, even the 89 - 318ix that I had a while back in 92..............may have to buy another M one day again.

I got my e90 m3 for my dd about a year ago,and love it.it's a great dual purpose car,very comfortable when just cruising around with only a slightly harsh ride over bumps,but a beast when you stomp on it .it's almost as fast as my friend's Gallardo, and has the great performance intangibles of wonderful engine sound and throttle response.the only real downside is terrible gas mileage,about 12 mpg around town.

I second all your comments. I love my '13 M3 coupe. I never realized how really great it sounded on the outside until one day recently my wife punched it driving away.

I'd have to disagree. IMO, the E9X M3 has the least amount of understeer and is the flattest-tracking generation M3. The E46 has a lot of the signature BMW "understeer-to-oversteer" steering characeristic, (similar to the 96+ M3s) but has enough power to be fun. The 95 M3's were a bit more neutral due to the square tire setup, but were neutered in the power department compared to its euro counterpart.

After tracking every generation, I like the E9X's ability to be awesome on track with its stock suspension, enough power to goof off with, and ride quality nice enough for a great daily driver. The E30 is iconic with a great little motor but short of coilovers, the suspension was a bit 'floppy' and 200hp isn't a ton. It really doesn't take much to make any generation into a neutral, great-handling car. I'm really excited for the next generation Turbo M3. -An M3 with TORQUE!!!

I've had my E36 for almost 10 years now and just added a E90 M3 to the stable.

Excellent, nice to hear from a highly credible source.

I'm looking forward to getting this E92 out on track in stock form, going to be nice to have some torque for once. Also looking forward to the end of poorly executed rev matching with DCT doing the work for me.

800 miles on the latest M3 so far and I'm loving it, I can't stop driving it. Definitely the most satisfied I've ever been with a vehicle purchase.

@passline, shame on you sir.

Last edited:
I second all your comments. I love my '13 M3 coupe. I never realized how really great it sounded on the outside until one day recently my wife punched it driving away.

Do you have an aftermarket exhaust?

I have the full AKrapovic and it's pretty mellow till one day we took it to the city and within the city downtown, the sound is amplified and much more aggressive! Where we live there is not many tall buildings so the sound is just ok. I'm very anal and particular about my exhaust notes.

Stuntman: I've only tracked my e46 m3, never the e90 so your comments are well noted. I plan to take the e90 m3 to the track next season so we'll see how it performs but for my preference I prefer cars that understeer a bit to keep me out of trouble.

Back