• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any way to join NSXCA...

...without printing, faxing, or mailing anything? I'm just lazy enough that I figured I would ask first.
smile.gif

Dustin

Originally posted by dustin:
...without printing, faxing, or mailing anything? I'm just lazy enough that I figured I would ask first.
smile.gif

Dustin

I'll second that! :)

So that's a no?

It seems that paypal and a correctly addressed email message could accomplish the same end as the above suggestions.

But alas...

Dustin

As someone who spends 90% of his/her time on the road, my computer (typically without printer access) is my lifeline to the rest of the world and wholeheartedly agree with Dustin on this one!

Interestingly enough I ran into the same issue just this evening about 30 minutes ago.

Needless to say like Dustin I will eventually find time to print out the application and fax it in, just will take longer.

------------------
97 NSX-T Black/Tan
00 Mercedes 430CLK (Cab)
93 Cadillac Allante (Northstar)
83 Cessna 303 (Crusader)

As the person who processes the memberships
wink.gif
, I'd like to chime in here, because what Larry says (about requiring the membership application form to be completed and returned) isn't exactly true. (Actually, Larry and I both process the memberships; I enter them into our database, and then Larry uses it to send out the membership card and information packet to the members.)

If you go to the web page using the link Larry provided, you'll see a link there that says "Link to PayPal". If you click on that link, it will take you to a Paypal transaction that is all set up to transfer $40 for a one-year membership. If you complete that transaction, we (I) will process your membership.

So why would we still request that you fill out the membership application anyway?

1. Your mailing address that PayPal gives us may not be up to date.

2. The name on your PayPal account may not be the one you'd like to have on your membership card. For example, your PayPal account may have you as Clarence Rutherford, even though everyone calls you Lumpy.

3. It includes additional information that we won't receive from a PayPal transaction, such as:

a. Your telephone numbers. While these are not publicized, we occasionally use them for club business. For example, if a piece of mail from the club is returned as undeliverable, I will try contacting you for a current address - first, by e-mail, but (as often happens) if the e-mail address we have is no good, I try phoning.

b. Your car information (color, transmission, etc). This is used for name tags at some club events (e.g. NSXPO).

c. A few other bits of information.

But, as I indicated above, if you simply pay by Paypal, without returning the completed membership form, we will still process your membership anyway.

Here's another option that doesn't involve printing, faxing, or mailing. If you prefer to sign up for the club over the phone using a credit card, send an e-mail to my e-mail address (click on the icon above this post) and let me know your phone number and what is a good time to call you, and I will be happy to take all your information and process your membership.

Also, please note that, effective last Wednesday, we have introduced multi-year rates for annual dues, for those who wish to receive dues notices less frequently than once a year. The new rates are as follows, in U.S. dollars:

1 year: $40 North America, $50 Overseas
2 years: $75 North America, $95 Overseas
3 years: $110 North America, $140 Overseas

Neither the website nor the Paypal link have been updated to reflect this, but these are available for all memberships, new members and renewals alike.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 08 January 2003).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
As the person who processes the memberships

Then you are the right person to tell this to. There is a problem with the PDF application form. I tried twice to open it in my browser (Netscape 7) and print it, but both times it printed the header logo and then garbage. I was only finally able to print it by right clicking the link, selecting save linked file, and then opening it from Acrobat outside the browser (something most people would not think or know to try). I thought you should know. Perhaps it works with other browsers...

------------------
Chip Alexander
'97 Blue/Tan NSX-T with Tubi Exhaust, Italian Horn
'92 Green/Tan Lexus SC400 Coupe
'02 Blue/Tan BMW 325iT Sportwagon

That sounds like a function of your browser, but I'll refer it to Eric, our webmaster, for further consideration.

Thanks for letting us know.

Since I'm a new owner I decided to sign up for NSXCA membership today after seeing this topic. I used Internet Explorer and my membership form printed okay. I just thought I post since someone else seemed to have trouble. The PDF form appeared to be okay for me.

Originally posted by calexand:
There is a problem with the PDF application form. I tried twice to open it in my browser (Netscape 7) and print it, but both times it printed the header logo and then garbage.

Make sure you have "Print as Image" selected in the print options of Acrobat (or the plug-in for Netscape). This is a common problem which someone more technical than I could probably explain, but I believe it has something to do with the embedded fonts in the PDF.

EDR

Back