• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone in Chicago are for P.P.I ??

There are 2 N.S.Xs to look at for me this Saturday!
One at Lucky motors in Addison,and one at Exotic motors in Rolling Meadows.
Does anyone know anything about these 2 cars,and do you know of a reputable place to take it to for a solid inpection?
Thank you for your help,Raico.

I have a friend that worked at Lucky..

They are known for bringing in Crap cars and reconditioning the Hell out of them. Basically they like to polish turds and push them back on the market. I went over there and looked at a G550 over the winter and the dam thing took a crap on the test drive and we had to walk back to the building (did not have someone come pick us up) Unless the car really checks out.. i would not give them any business.

I don't know much about exotic motors in Rolling Meadows. except that they have not had any presence anywhere untill the last year, but they claim they have been in business for ever... FWIW:cool:

Joe

Thanks guys!!
I stopped by Acura of Brookfield yesterday and talked to John Vasos,what a great guy!!
He walked me around an N.S.X and showed me what to look for!
Very scary spending all that money and not getting a quality car,so i am taking it very slow!!
thanks again,Raico

Well....i went to Luckys to check out the black/black 99.
On a scale of 0 to 10 it rates a 5 maybe!!
Who ever had this car last, did not appreciate it i tell you this much.
It is wired and plummed for nos,rock chips everywhere,big chunk of rubber weather stripping gone around the drvers side window where it would meet the roof line.......so sad to see a world class car get abused like that!!
Passenger side fender had been removed at one time or another,e.t.c.
Battery was dead,did not bother to take it out for a drive.
To me the car was worth about 10,000,it was in that bad of shape.
The salesman was very polite i must say that!
I then went to Exotic motors but the white/black 98 was out for inpection they said,it would not be back till next week??
They did not elaborate if they sent out or a customer was doing a p.p.i.
Anyway i was sad to see the white one was not there since it is my favorite color,and i never seen a white one in living color,i have only seen it in pictures!
For some reason to me the N.S.X on pictures does not look as good as you see it live in front of you!
Anyways,thank to all of you for your input,i will keep you in touch if i go see the white one if it makes it back,take care!!

Back