• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone in Chicagoland with an 02+ NSX want to let me test drive their car?

I'm sorry.. I once owned a GMT Master II.. Until I saw the light :) JK

I would probably agree with most you would say about porsche owners. Just see the arguments I get into them on 6speed. :)

TRUCE!

Accepted, but if I have to get a Patek I will!!!! :tongue: ......Steve

Last edited:
Hi Steve; we appreciate your restraint. :rolleyes:
Given you are slightly over 30 and a Rolex is a icon of our generation don't take it too hard, it is the beginning of the season and we are trying to start off with a clean slate. :biggrin:
I owned a P car once upon a time. :eek:

We miss you and Pat but hope your new found NSX friends in Minnesota come to appreciate the 2 of you as we have in Chicago. :cool: :biggrin:

Miss you guys to. My first sports car was a P car and I loved it to bits. Seems that the weather has prevented anyone from getting together yet, but I have been driving my car on every sunny day we get. The car is now one year old and its seen 12K+ happy miles and no remorse that I did not get the GT3 instead. Now the Ford GT is looking like a fine addition a couple of years from now (We don't need no stinking Ferarri :confused:) :biggrin: ......Steve

Club411 - you seem to have an attitude (re: dealer treatment). I guess you expect the ocean to part for you when you walk up to it. Yeah you are a Swiss watch guy too. Do each of your Pcars have a winder for your spares?

Your offer is a fair one and I hope someone here takes the opportunity. But you should know the 02 has the same interior space as a 95-T.

In Austin - some of the wealthiest people wear jeans everyday. Tech money vs. ??. The dealers can't rely on what you're wearing to judge your worthiness to buy their cars.

When the weather is nice, I take the NSX to the city. I did a couple of weeks ago for a trade show at McCormick. I was in yesterday, but took the p/u--got to show off my red/white WI plates!

I'd meet up somewhere in the middle--again, when the weather gets nicer.

You said it yourself " You are a p-car guy" and I doubt that you will feel any more comfortable in a Nsx now then you did when you first sat in one. I would also bet that you will fell that the car is quite underpowered judgeing from your comments so far. With out modding the car you find it that there is not alot of torque in comparison to your latests addition to your fleet. If there is someone here who has the dali cushion or done the seat modification for those who are height challenged you might want to see how you fit in there and like it now.

As for the photos there great but I dont know why you cut off the nose on photos 2 and 3.

Club411 - you seem to have an attitude (re: dealer treatment). I guess you expect the ocean to part for you when you walk up to it. Y

It's all dealers... Porsche dealers are just as slimy if not more. But I have never been asked for a credit check to drive a car before. It was so shady how it went down too. They were all talking in a corner and I walked over and said... what's the story here?

Going from 600hp to any sub 300hp car is going to be boring regardless if its an nsx or not. Your Porche is hot but the nsx just a tad bit sexier :wink: If you want a fast car get a new Z06

You said it yourself " You are a p-car guy" and I doubt that you will feel any more comfortable in a Nsx now then you did when you first sat in one. I would also bet that you will fell that the car is quite underpowered judgeing from your comments so far. With out modding the car you find it that there is not alot of torque in comparison to your latests addition to your fleet.

Here is your answer. If you're looking for HP and straight line performance (as it appears you are), the NSX isn't the right car for you. The appeal of the NSX lies in the appreciation for the design and engineering philosophy, the hand built aluminum engine, the low production/exotic nature of the car, the aluminum frame, the reliability, and the handling (owing a lot to the mid-engine placement). The acceleration is strong, but as has been debated to the nth degree you can get a lot more HP and 0-60 for your dollar by choosing another vehicle.

Your Porsche looks very nice, but I always thought those rims looked uncharacteristically very ordinary/cheap for that car. I intend no offense by that, just my own personal opinion. I am going to be doing my first detail on the car this weekend and I hope it comes out looking as shiny as yours.

No offense taken..those are my winter rims/tires. I totally agree.

I understand that given my current HP there are not many upgrades choices if speed were #1.

I am just saying that it might be hard to give up.

So after all those personal attacks on you, your watch and how you felt about the car dealer, DID ANYBODY GIVE YOU A RIDE??????

no image?? umm lets see..

you drive 3 Porsches - Not at the same time
you had/have high end watches - like to be punctual
you have enough cash to fork out 60K+ - Lucritive paper route
you have extra high end rims stash somewhere - In moms basement...and she is pissed
hates vettes - Don't hate them..just kinda redneckish. I like them but...

looks like a typical Porcupine image to me :wink:

So after all those personal attacks on you, your watch and how you felt about the car dealer, DID ANYBODY GIVE YOU A RIDE??????

No - No love today...

Plenty of love... just no one with an 02+. needspeed and ROC CHGONSX are the only two that I know off the top of my head. And as you can see needspeed is now in Mini-noplace.

As for feeling cramped-- the NSX foot well is longer than the Porsche and the gear shift is out where I can use it and not under my right knee (and I am not kidding about this).

Back