• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know this car? JH4NA21695S000221

Hi everyone:

I'm new to the forum but have been reading along for awhile. Sounds like a great bunch of people here! I'm looking to get my first NSX and found this one. Does anyone know of it? I called the dealership a few times and they weren't that helpful...it looks like a beautiful car but I just want to be sure that there aren't any problems here. I would appreciate any help! Any thoughts on blue interior as well? Here's the link:

http://colonialmazda.com/Inventory-Preowned.aspx

Thanks in advance!

J

Re: Anyone know this car?

Hi everyone:

I'm new to the forum but have been reading along for awhile. Sounds like a great bunch of people here! I'm looking to get my first NSX and found this one. Does anyone know of it? I called the dealership a few times and they weren't that helpful...it looks like a beautiful car but I just want to be sure that there aren't any problems here. I would appreciate any help! Any thoughts on blue interior as well? Here's the link:

http://colonialmazda.com/Inventory-Preowned.aspx

Thanks in advance!

J

dont know the car personally but have seen it at a few dealers (online) in the past 6 months. price has come down though.

It has been at the Danbury dealership since at least June and the price has been dropped several times. I think it started out at 59k.

I know them, I offered them good money for the car over the summer and they turned it down. Know they can keep it :biggrin:

I agree with others, I believe this car has been passed around a bit. I "think" it was owned by one of the MN guys originally. If I recall, there was an aftermarket stereo originally in the car with the associated speaker changes. Something about the center console around the stereo looks a bit off, but it could simply be the way the picture was taken. You might search around on prime with the VIN number to see if you get any hits.

The car looks good, though I don't dig the Blue interior... but if you do then I think getting a VIN will help you in your quest. GL

There have been a few posts about it on Prime...

Dec 2005

August of this year

There was also another post in June that mentioned it by VIN in a 02+ color combo thread.

VIN: JH4NA21695S000221

I saw car in august , came from MN. , you can search orig owner, the car had after market stero,owner removed it ,looked liked a b.s. job ,EPS controller was laying on pass floor , typical dealer that knew nothing about the car (no ser. records ,I knew more about car just thru search )just a poor presentation , mgr was willing to talk , (my wife told the salesman he should clean it up before he shows it ,whats wrong with you people ) she can be tough !!!

Last edited:
That was my car, I bought it new at Continental Acura in Naperville, IL. I then moved to Minneapolis. I had it for 2 years and put 22k+ on it. I had put $8k of stereo in the car including ztoolmans base box. Also aftermarket exhaust. I sold the car with the upgraded stereo. The stereo in there now is different, I had the top of the line Pioneer nav unit and audisson amps with focals top of the line speakers.

It was a great car when I parted with it. I had it detailed every week and serviced more than recommended by the owners manual. I do not know where it has been since I sold it.

Let me know if you have any questions I can answer.........Steve

Pic of my new F430 just for fun

Attachments

• F430-1.jpg
    F430-1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
I saw car in august , came from MN. , you can search orig owner, the car had after market stero,owner removed it ,looked liked a b.s. job ,EPS controller was laying on pass floor , typical dealer that knew nothing about the car (no ser. records ,I knew more about car just thru search )just a poor presentation , mgr was willing to talk , (my wife told the salesman he should clean it up before he shows it ,whats wrong with you people ) she can be tough !!!

I was reading this post with my girl and we both had to laugh when you said, "she can be tough". Reminds me of my lady and she said tell them how you got your NSX. We dropped in on a dealer just to look at one and ended up taking a test drive. Loved the car. So the salesman is trying to pitch it to me and not budging on the price to much even though it would be a straight cash deal. I still didn't know if I wanted to part with that much cash. So in private my girl says to me, " so how much would you pay for that car?" I gave her a figure with taxes in. Was still huge money cause this car was mint with little miles on it and only two Acura serviced owners. She went back to the salesman and he laughed, next thing I know she is being "tough " on him. An hour later she had him eating out of her hand..... with my money. So I got my dream car that day. I kind of felt I had no choice. I gave her a price and she got it for that. Been a great car ever since and really enjoy it but we still laugh at how I ended up with it.

a lot of discussion on this car. has anyone actually talked to the dealer? After 6 months, I have to think they are upside down in the car. Has anyone thrown out a low ball and gotten any sort of reaction?

Matt

I tend to agree with the others. This car has been around for a while, and offered everywhere, including OVE. Even with the Blue/Blue which IMHO is really hot and unique it has not sold, there must be a reason...

Sam

Something about the center console around the stereo looks a bit off, but it could simply be the way the picture was taken. You might search around on prime with the VIN number to see if you get any hits.

The trim around the radio and the cassette tape is missing between the two. So it looks like there was a double din installation and then someone put back in the OEM head unit but did not buy a new trim piece...at least that's what it looks like to me.

I live in Oceanside CA and this car caught my attention. My son lives in Coventry CT so I decided to go visit him and then take a one hour drive to Danbury to look at the car. I NOW know why the salesmen at the dealership have been evasive, cold, and distant in answering questions about this car. IF any of you are familiar with the expression "RODE HARD AND PUT UP WET"....this car goes beyond that. The dash has been butchered to install a DIN radio then the factory radio was stuck back in. The door panel speaker grilles have been pried off, material shredded and forced back on. EPS was not working the day I drove the car 1/24/11. Carpet was FILTHY. The entire surface of the car's paint is scratched to the point where it looks like salt and pepper. I think someone chipped ice off the car with a screwdriver. Driving the car at speeds above 80 MPH the left window vibrated and HOWLED. The left window goes down reluctantly ( slow as molasses ) and obviously strikes something metallic making the window pop during its travel. If you want to repaint a car, fix two door panels, install NEW carpet, fix left window, EPS, and you are PLANNING on putting a DIN radio/subwoofer/speakers/amp in the car.......go for it. seriously BUYER BEWARE!!!!!! ( and don't travel 3,000 miles to look at this car like I did )

I feel so bad for my old car it has had a tough life since I sold it :mad::frown:
.....Steve

So I guess some of their online descriptions are a bit inaccurate, huh?!?:eek:

This car sparkles!! What a looker!! Colonial Mazda CT is pleased to offer this scorching 2005 Acura NSX. Be prepared to be transformed when you get behind the wheel and feel the power surge through your fingers right into your very soul. THIS VEHICLE IS VERY RARE!!!!

Thanks for the heads up, GO KRT!

I am sooooooo sorry for you "needspeed". My post is exactly the kind of post I would never want to read about one of my old cars. The car is a 10 at 10 (yards). Awesome color and what's left of the original paint beyond the paint scratches/chips still catches your eye. I recognize the fact that this dealer wants to sell this elephant but in all fairness pictures of the problem areas should also be noted and detailed.

I am sooooooo sorry for you "needspeed". My post is exactly the kind of post I would never want to read about one of my old cars. The car is a 10 at 10 (yards). Awesome color and what's left of the original paint beyond the paint scratches/chips still catches your eye. I recognize the fact that this dealer wants to sell this elephant but in all fairness pictures of the problem areas should also be noted and detailed.

Looks like it sold. I hope someone makes it right again. It is one of the very few cars I have owned that I still miss and would like to have back......Steve

Back