• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X custom subwoofer enclosures

I can do the carbon/kevlar but it is special order.

Received mine a few days ago, built for 10TW3. Craftsmanship is superb, can't wait to get it installed!

Excellent, please post pics of it once the sub is in the box.

OK, right now I have a 10" Pioneer box and a 12" JL audio box ready to go!

12" JL box is currently in stock.

Please feel free to PM me if you'd like to order any others.

What do you have in stock right now?

So how do you attach this to the floor?

Will the JL 10tw3 fit in the superslim enclosure?

Last edited:
So how do you attach this to the floor?

Will the JL 10tw3 fit in the superslim enclosure?

The TW3 will fit the super slim and I have one here ready to ship.

The super slim requires one screw to mount it with the supplied bracket.

Does the regular attach in any way? Or just sits in there under the carpet or what? Do you have install instructions please?

Does the regular attach in any way? Or just sits in there under the carpet or what? Do you have install instructions please?

The install is very simple, no need for any instructions - it should take less than 1/2 hour for non P.S. cars and maybe 45 min for P.S. cars.

Please PM/email me a set of instructions. Thanks!

I will have a 10" JL and 12" JL enclosure ready to ship very soon if anyone needs one!

Please PM/email me a set of instructions. Thanks!

Sorry, missed your comment about none needed. So you really just leave this loose under the carpet? What about vibration!?!?!

Pretty pleased with performance so far. Has anyone compared the slim line to the standard size performance wise? I might be interested in a swap...

Sorry, missed your comment about none needed. So you really just leave this loose under the carpet? What about vibration!?!?!

It is not loose at all, it is a very tight pressure fit - it requires that you sit in the passenger seat and "leg press" it into place, it actually pops under the plastic channel on the right side.

You will need 2 prybars and quite a bit of time to remove it.

The super slim version will use the supplied bracket.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty pleased with performance so far. Has anyone compared the slim line to the standard size performance wise? I might be interested in a swap...

There is a noticeable difference in low frequency extension between the 2 - but the super slim has seriously impressed ever person I have played it for - they cannot believe how much bass comes from it.

I actually had a guy demand that I show him the front and rear trunk and look under my seats for more woofers or transducers because he didn't believe it was that small box.

Angus, what is your preferred woofer for the slim box? I know you've said the JL 10tw3 will fit; is that the best option?

I offer a super slim for both the JL and pioneer, the JL is definitely better in terms of sound quality and power handing.

That is not to say that the Pioneer is not an excellent woofer - it certainly is.

Last edited:
10" and 12" JL TW3 boxes in stock ready to ship!

I also have a gloss black 10" TW3 super slim here as well.

Please PM for details.

My stereo guy is essentially done with the install. I haven't listened to it but he says that the enclosure with the JL 10TW3 sub kicks hard...can't wait to hear it myself!

However, there's one hiccup he ran into. The sub grill protrudes about 2" from the enclosure itself which means the floor mats can't lay flat over the enclosure. My installer also says there's no room to lay the mat underneath the enclosure because of the tight fit.

For anyone else running the 10TW3, are you reusing your OEM mats and if so how have you laid them? Ideally, I'd rather keep the interior looking stock and not see the sub but that doesn't seem possible - maybe I misunderstood how it would fit.

Also, how much leg room should we expect to lose with the JL 10TW3?

Last edited:
Spoke to Wil. As always, he was very helpful.

Neither I nor my stereo tech realized that the EPS and ABS modules behind the passenger footwell have to be relocated in order for the enclosure to fit. According to Wil, once everything is relocated the enclosure will set all the way back and no leg room will be lost in the end.

RE: floor mats laying flat, I will revert once the enclosure is properly installed. My guess is the unevenness will be much less pronounced as a result.

Back