• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X custom subwoofer enclosures

Good to know. Any difficulty in the relocation of them?

Nope! The EPS unit fits nicely ont eh underside of the glovebox and can be secured there using velcro or double side tape with a couple zip ties.

No need to modifying the wires or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoke to Wil. As always, he was very helpful.

Neither I nor my stereo tech realized that the EPS and ABS modules behind the passenger footwell have to be relocated in order for the enclosure to fit. According to Wil, once everything is relocated the enclosure will set all the way back and no leg room will be lost in the end.

RE: floor mats laying flat, I will revert once the enclosure is properly installed. My guess is the unevenness will be much less pronounced as a result.

Just to clarify, it is ONLY the EPS module - your ABS module is not located under there.

Just wanted to say that I received my AP-X custom box and it sounds amazing! As others have already said, I couldn't believe how much bass I could get out of a NSX with a simple 10" sub.

The quality was excellent and the customer service that I received was top notch! Even contacting Wil on a Saturday when I had a couple questions on the install!!

I ended up doing the slim box enclosure with a full countersunk JL Audio 10TW3, and couldn't be happier!

Thanks much!!

Sub boxes currently in stock:

Slim Carbon JL 10"

Slim Carbon Pioneer IB-Flat 10"

Regular JL 10"

Regular JL 12"

Please PM for info.

Ap-x sale!!!

OK everyone!

Sub boxes are NOW ON SALE!!

15% off all sub boxes for the month of november!!

Super slim carbon fiber enclosures in stock now!!!

AP-X slim subwoofer box ordered & I'm already smiling.....:smile:

Last edited:
can the JL W7 sub fit in this enclosure (8W7/10W7)?

It will not fit in the slim version.
As far as the W7/W8/W10 in the regular box, the only issue may be the depth behind speaker.

Last edited:
Oki,

So what is the recommended JL speaker to fit the slim version?

QUOTE=OKI-BOY;1884427]It will not fit in the slim version.
As far as the W7/W8/W10 in the regular box, the only issue may be the depth behind speaker.[/QUOTE]

Oki,

So what is the recommended JL speaker to fit the slim version?

QUOTE=OKI-BOY;1884427]It will not fit in the slim version.
As far as the W7/W8/W10 in the regular box, the only issue may be the depth behind speaker.

JL AUDIO 10TW3-D4 Dual 4 Ohm 10" SHALLOW SLIM MOUNT SUBWOOFER
Mine should be in on friday.

Last edited:
can the JL W7 sub fit in this enclosure (8W7/10W7)?

Just for reference, the mounting depth of the 10W7 is almost 3x the total height of a super slim enclosure and more than 2x the mounting depth of the regular enclosure.

If a box were to be made for a 10W7 in the NSX, it would extend past the glove box which would make it basically impossible to sit in the car.

If you are looking for maximum bass output, consider the JL audio 12TW3 I do make an enclosure for this woofer and it has the most output of the lineup that I do.

Angus,

how much leg room does the slim box save or maintain? is the box flush as OE or how much room does it take up?

Just for reference, the mounting depth of the 10W7 is almost 3x the total height of a super slim enclosure and more than 2x the mounting depth of the regular enclosure.

If a box were to be made for a 10W7 in the NSX, it would extend past the glove box which would make it basically impossible to sit in the car.

If you are looking for maximum bass output, consider the JL audio 12TW3 I do make an enclosure for this woofer and it has the most output of the lineup that I do.

Angus,

how much leg room does the slim box save or maintain? is the box flush as OE or how much room does it take up?

MY regular depth box is about the same as stock, the super slim adds about 2-3" of legroom over stock.

Back