• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Re: DIY Turbo kit !

OK folks , here is the deal , this is as good as it gets ,

Tuner kit , with 550cc injectors aem fic , and coolingmist varicool methanol kit .

$6450.

Your the man! Thanks for stepping up.
Trev

Thanks Trev. ! I am trying to make this the best deal on a turbo kit out there!

So far this kit with the t67 has made 470whp @12psi ( good for 11.9@ 121mph) on a 3.0 .

On a 3.2 , the same setup made 360whp @6psi ( this was when we blew trev's doors off , it's ok , he had no quarter panel either!)

Does this mean the kit as sold can produce more than enough power to safely max out the 3.0 engine with stock internals? I assume you just dialed the boost way up to get that 470whp and it was a built engine.

What do you think the max power you could get out of this kit on a 3.0L is assuming your engine build could take it?

Sorry I'm not very familiar with turbo setups. I would love to see a before/after dyno.

Does this mean the kit as sold can produce more than enough power to safely max out the 3.0 engine with stock internals? I assume you just dialed the boost way up to get that 470whp and it was a built engine.

What do you think the max power you could get out of this kit on a 3.0L is assuming your engine build could take it?

Sorry I'm not very familiar with turbo setups. I would love to see a before/after dyno.

This kit can easily produce enough power to max out the stock engine
470whp is ON A STOCK MOTOR!!! , this setup is running methanol injection with two 1000cc injectors.

I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS , but the owner wanted to push it and see.

You can safely run 400whp.

The turbo in this kit can flow enough for 750+hp

stock NSX dyno between 220 - 240 hp

You are forgetting the difference in compression ratio and RPM range (and VTEC) between a supra and nsx also the long tube headers help , the T67 spools quick on nsx , starts spooling under 3k!
This T67 has been specifically sized for NSX and performs perfectly for the RPM range of the engine!

Wil,
the oil return is on top at the valve covers? The scavenge pumps the oil to the top?

A turbo charge nsx has no lag from my experience.

The oil return goes back into the pan, you are correct about the turbo lag

Man this is soooo on my list, if I wasn't so far into a direct port setup I would be jumping all over this, well that and the wife got laid off :redface:
but this is definately getting added to the long term excel sheet :tongue:

OK Frank! sounds good , I know you will love the kit!

I couldn't resist:biggrin: when i saw this kit.
I found this kit the Best one!
I want to thanks Wil for this kit, High quality materials and your job on this kit it just great and all this an at affordable price, I wasn't thinking on turbo right now because the price of other kits, but thank to you now i had my turbo kit almost finish:cool:

BTW my girlfriend is gonna kill me :biggrin::biggrin: when she found that im buying parts for my baby, hahahahaha we are planning our wedding for next month:tongue:

I couldn't resist:biggrin: when i saw this kit.
I found this kit the Best one!
I want to thanks Wil for this kit, High quality materials and your job on this kit it just great and all this an at affordable price, I wasn't thinking on turbo right now because the price of other kits, but thank to you now i had my turbo kit almost finish:cool:

BTW my girlfriend is gonna kill me :biggrin::biggrin: when she found that im buying parts for my baby, hahahahaha we are planning our wedding for next month:tongue:

Thanks Celso , hope you enjoy your kit!

Ah fair enough, most JZ manifolds are short, and since your setup (or any turbo NSX really) will definitely be a long tube setup.

Do you have a dyno graph available, and also the specs of the turbo?

Thanks,
Steve

Sorry I will not be releasing the specs of this turbo.
I will be posting some dyno graphs sometime soon.

So does the charge pipe connects from the turbo directly into the intake plenum?

Do you have pix of the engine bay setup on the charge pipes?

So does the charge pipe connects from the turbo directly into the intake plenum?

Do you have pix of the engine bay setup on the charge pipes?

I do have some pics , will post them up soon , the piping goes from compressor outlet , over the wheel (inside the liner) and through the opening for the airbox to the throttle body.

So, how many customers now Angus, not counting sitting on the fencers?
Seems like a lot!
Trev

Trev . all the customers in the world don't amount to you...

Last edited:
Back