• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Re: DIY Turbo kit

How's my kit coming along? Got any teaser pics yet? :biggrin:

is this kit running an oil pump or gravity fed? I don't want anything to do with a pump set up just potential problems

is this kit running an oil pump or gravity fed? I don't want anything to do with a pump set up just potential problems

Yes my kit uses a pump , I think you may be mislead by others' experiences with scavenge pumps.

My kit has been very well proven to have no pump related failures in over three years of daily use.

The pump used here is hand assembled with the best components available and is probably more reliable than the other very important electric motor in your car (THE FUEL PUMP) since it turns at a significantly lower speed and is way overbuilt for it's intended purpose.

If you have any concerns please pm me or feel free to call me and we can discuss your concerns.

thanks,
Wil

How's my kit coming along? Got any teaser pics yet? :biggrin:

Hey cozmo , your kit will be complete later this week (and I really mean that), I will shoot you some pics when I get a chance!

Wil

Hey cozmo , your kit will be complete later this week (and I really mean that), I will shoot you some pics when I get a chance!

Wil

WOOHOO! :biggrin:

just wanted to post that wil(angus) customer service is by far the best ive ever had and would like to thank him for his great products!

that being said... business opportunity came up and ill be parting out my kit soon. so if someone is looking let me know

Last edited:

I wanna see these pics! And while you're at it snap a shot of the bathtub full of money that ffffanman tells me you've been stashing all your turbo kit revenue in. :wink:

I will post the pics for you asap , as for the bathtub - I make about $25 by the time the dust settles...

I don't see how I got involved with this conspiracy!!
Hey look at squirrel!
Trev

I will post the pics for you asap , as for the bathtub - I make about $25 by the time the dust settles...

Well if you got that all in 1s and lessee here.. I think you're up to at least 15 kits now... yeah that wouldn't look like much. :wink:

Sorry Trev, I couldn't resist. Your randomness is contageous.

Here are a few pics of the kit that went out last week to DWN in colorado!

Attachments

• 100_0340.JPG
    100_0340.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 634
  • 100_0345.JPG
    100_0345.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:

AND ... Here is cozmo's kit!

Attachments

• 100_0333.JPG
    100_0333.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 670

I am so jealous. :biggrin:

Re: DIY Turbo kit !

That's more like it. :biggrin: I hope you're still selling these kits in a couple years when I could buy one without my wife kicking me out :tongue:

Funny how I said that just 5 months ago. :biggrin: I'm pretty hard to stop once I get my mind set on something. :tongue:

I feel so bad for you Shaw , maybe we can start a "shaw turbo fund"?

wil, wipe the shit off the end of youe nose already

The joke is on YOU Paul , I am going to charge you DOUBLE and ship a kit to Shaw as well...:eek:

Last edited:

Here's most of the rest of the goodies for my kit. :biggrin:
AEM F/IC, AEM UEGO, AEM Boost Gauge, new o2 sensors, and spark plugs.

attachment.php

Attachments

• AEM Goodies.jpg
    AEM Goodies.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,469

I'm actually going to have Angus do it. I was waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive which came yesterday so now I just need to get it scheduled.

Today I got the gauge wiring done. I blew a 3psi :biggrin:
I also dropped my center console off at a shop to get the gauges custom mounted where the ash tray door is which should be done later this week.

The current kit that I am offering consists of:

- Y- pipe with factory interface flanges this Y-pipe has been very well tested and proven to stand the test of time.
- Garrett T-67 turbocharger - good for over 700HP
- Tial 50mm BOV
- 46mm billet wastegate
- 2 piece wastegate dump tube
- Highest quality OEM style hardware throughout
- Highest quality silicone couplers - available in 3 colors
- Stainless clamps for charge pipes
- Stainless steel (T304) Charge pipes - bead rolled to pervent them blowing off.
- High mounted air intake system with AFE air filter - reduces contamination.
- Oil scavenge system - includes an oil pump which is easily as reliable as your OEM fuel pump and allows simplified layout of turbo components.
- Custom mounting cradle makes installaton a snap.
- Magnaflow exhaust system (standard)
- Borla exhaust system (optional)
- Intercooler upgrde kit , this includes the necessary piping , clamps , silicone couplers and brackets etc.
- I can provide base maps for FIC and EMS , but local dyno tuning should be performed.

I offer at least three options for engine management , please contact me to discuss them.

Current kit pricing $5795 !
I will also offer special discount pricing on any accessories ordered with a kit.

Last edited:

Frank , The burns exhaust may be available soon but I need to iron out some details.

If anyone else is interested please let me know.

Back