• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Re: DIY Turbo kit !

Newest turbo nsx - Frank Spano!!!

With all the people jumping on this kit , I am anxious to see how the installs go!

Also , my intercooler setup is almost ready!

Last edited:

just installed y pipe and stock na2 header

Attachments

• IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,679

You may have mentioned this but your Y-pipe bolts to what year header. I have a 92 With SOS headers can I use them, or have to go with the newer style headers? Or do you have the Y-pipe’s for all years?

The y-pipe will fit 95-up headers , I think your headers have an adaptor to work with 91-94 , if so , you can just remove the adaptors

my car is 91 and I use header from 2000 na2. You have to use 95 and up rear sway bar also to clear the y pipe and turbo

Attachments

• IMG_0213.jpg
    IMG_0213.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 785
  • IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 733
Last edited:

The y-pipe will fit 95-up headers , I think your headers have an adaptor to work with 91-94 , if so , you can just remove the adaptors

That sucks for me I don't have adapters on my car they are one piece accept for there flex joint. I dont think they will work. I would need to purchase new headers or go with an new style OEM header system. :frown:

Actually , it would be really easy to weld the newer style flanges to your headers , I can supply you with the flanges . I have seen several people do this , I even saw a set of DC headers sell here last week like that.

***If anyone wants these flanges , I will include them FREE with the purchase of a kit***

And the money for a new set of mirrors for my new chopper is being sent When???
T

Wil, shipping money sent via paypal this morning. Also, the money for shipping materials and insurance sent as well. Frank

Thanks Frank , Your kit is set to ship out tomorrow!

Hi Wil!
Want to know about my parts.... i'm anxious :biggrin:

my nsx it's 93 with comptech headers, im going to need the adapters or i already bought this :confused:

Hi Wil!
Want to know about my parts.... i'm anxious :biggrin:

my nsx it's 93 with comptech headers, im going to need the adapters or i already bought this :confused:

Celso , your parts went out on wed. I will send you the tracking#

You just need to remove the adaptors from your CT headers to run the y-pipe!

And the money for a new set of mirrors for my new chopper is being sent When???
T

Trev , money will only be sent once you have proven yourself to me.

Wil, shipping money sent via paypal this morning. Also, the money for shipping materials and insurance sent as well. Frank

Thanks Frank , Your kit is going to be ready any minute!

I just want the turbo kit for my 113 cu. in. S&S!
Hey wait, I should ride it first to see if I need one.
They say I can shred that rear 330 tyre as is, so I'm excited.
Seriously Wil, I just need your friendship to get me through another day, thats all.
T
Glad you got Frank ready to go, should be cool for him to finally get his rig in high gear!

OK , so we will have to see who is first to get their kit up and running , maybe doc_tai?

I just received my parts Today!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Man, i feel like a little kid receiving a big gift on christmas :tongue:
Will post again when i open the box.hahaha!

Not sure how fast my kit will be installed, need to get the hot side of pipes ceramic coated, water/air aftercooler, misc. parts, gauges, having one of my friends install the kit, then car will be in Farmingdale ny TO HAVE OIL LINES INSTALLED, aftercooler installed and pipe modified to hook up Shads aftercooler, and finally a tune. Frank

I just received my parts Today!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Man, i feel like a little kid receiving a big gift on christmas :tongue:
Will post again when i open the box.hahaha!

Can't wait to see how your car turns out!!

turbo bracket installed
note: you have to take the trunk heat shield out to install the bracket

Attachments

• IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 690
  • IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 830
Last edited:

You can get some adhesive backed sheets of heat shield that will mold up there and help the trunk from getting hot. When I replaced my OEM exhaust with the Tubi I added some of this and it works great.

the-13590_w.jpg

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=400356+310691+115&autoview=sku

Last edited:
Back