• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Sometime soon I will get around to reading all 40 pages of this thread, but until then I only have a few main questions...

1) With that intercooler location right behind the rear tire, has anyone damaged their core from rocks/gravel/etc being kicked up by the tires? Is there anything blocking the intercooler from damage?

2) Will you be offering a water/air intercooler solution in the future?

3) Will you be offering an exhaust solution that uses a catalytic converter in the future?

I drive my car about 50% of the time (~20k miles in 2 years) and that will probably increase with my new job, so longevity of the system in a daily driving enviroment is important to me.

Sometime soon I will get around to reading all 40 pages of this thread, but until then I only have a few main questions...

1) With that intercooler location right behind the rear tire, has anyone damaged their core from rocks/gravel/etc being kicked up by the tires? Is there anything blocking the intercooler from damage?

2) Will you be offering a water/air intercooler solution in the future?

3) Will you be offering an exhaust solution that uses a catalytic converter in the future?

I drive my car about 50% of the time (~20k miles in 2 years) and that will probably increase with my new job, so longevity of the system in a daily driving enviroment is important to me.

1) There has not been any case of tha yet, the intercooler is placed similar to many turbo 911's and even a hammer would most likely not puncture the intercooler - a dent maybe.

2) I do not offer a water to air intercooler, I do know that driving ambition supplied one for one of my kits - the intercooler I use is sufficient for over 450WHP.

3) I can easily offer the kit with cats if you prefer.

1) There has not been any case of tha yet, the intercooler is placed similar to many turbo 911's and even a hammer would most likely not puncture the intercooler - a dent maybe.

2) I do not offer a water to air intercooler, I do know that driving ambition supplied one for one of my kits - the intercooler I use is sufficient for over 450WHP.

3) I can easily offer the kit with cats if you prefer.

Thanks for the fast response.

How would you do it with cats? Would it be cats only and no mufflers or would there also be a muffler(s) as well?

Another question....is this exhaust a current option if I didn't want cats?

Thanks for the fast response.

How would you do it with cats? Would it be cats only and no mufflers or would there also be a muffler(s) as well?

Another question....is this exhaust a current option if I didn't want cats?

That exhaust can be had at an additional cost, it can have a short cat on the straight section.

I can also do system with no mufflers and two cats.

That exhaust can be had at an additional cost, it can have a short cat on the straight section.

I can also do system with no mufflers and two cats.

Wil, have you tested the difference in power with the same system with and without cats?

Stop being tempted and just do it. You'll wonder how you ever lived with only 250hp. It makes the car waaaaaaay more fun. :biggrin: When people ask you if it's fast you won't have to say "not really" any more.

If you can afford it, do it now and don't look back! :cool:

I have been thinking about it. What should I do to prep my engine? Compression test, send oil for analysis, leak down test, etc. i have a 92 with 140k miles. Clutch, tb, wp, valve adjustment, all done 25k miles ago (2.5 years). I currently have the rm headers, test pipe, and exhaust. What gauges are a must have? I need to Set aside the funds for this and want to make sure I have all the cost covered.

I have been thinking about it. What should I do to prep my engine? Compression test, send oil for analysis, leak down test, etc. i have a 92 with 140k miles. Clutch, tb, wp, valve adjustment, all done 25k miles ago (2.5 years). I currently have the rm headers, test pipe, and exhaust. What gauges are a must have? I need to Set aside the funds for this and want to make sure I have all the cost covered.

I installed boost and wideband AFR gauges. I would say that is probably the minimum you'd want. If I had gone with the AEM EMS from the beginning I probably would've used one of the serial gauges instead of the boost gauge so I could monitor everything on it.

You might want to stick a fuel pressure gauge on top of your fuel filter too. In my case my stock fuel pump was on its way out but we didn't know it until the turbo was installed and the fuel pressure was inconsistent during tuning. It was eventually replaced with a Walbro 255.

A compression test is probably not a bad idea just so you know where it stands before the install.

Any promising developments with the precision turbos?

Just wanted to update my progress on the kit - for those who want a faster spooling option, my new turbos will be ready soon, I am getting set to dyno one in the next few days, there will now be two options, the original design with an updated A/R ratio and a Precision turbo based on their housings but using my compressor wheel trim.

The difference should be improved spooling with no reduction in high RPM boost.

Angus;
Do you have a website ?
I just tried to post a link at another forum and couldnt find your website.

Sorry but I do not, it is on my list of things to do...

I would say that if your engine is running normally now, there is really nothing that you need to do to "prep".

I like to have at least AFR and boost gauges.

Any promising developments with the precision turbos?

I am currently offering my turbo in a precision branded unit. It does have a slightly faster spool and offers the same top end power, I will try getting some dyno charts up soon.

How much extra $ for the Precision unit? What kind of warranty offered?

Additional cost will be around $400, warranty is through precision, same as any of their units.

Is the Precision a ball bearing turbo? Is it water cooled? what trim?

The ball bearing turbo is an option.

I can supply any turbo you would like with my kit.

why is it taking so long to deliver gtx loaders?

I assume you are asking what it is taking so long to get your GTX 3582 turbo, it has now been on order for over a month and I have no answers from Garrett.

I am going to suggest we look at other options or at least I will ship out your kit first and then the turbo when it comes in.

Back