• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Are '04 style taillights compatible with a '91 car?

I have a damaged drivers side taillight lens on my '91. Saw an '04 at the dealership and thought the new taillight design looked better.

I was hoping the newer style lights with the oval shaped orange turn signal would be compatible. Anyone know if it's a simple swap or are they different? Would the small bulb housings fit in the new style lenses? Are the bulbs located in close enough proximity that the wiring would work without modification?

Since I have to change one side, I wanted to just change both to the updated style.

Anyone know if it's as easy as I'm hoping it is?

It is, have at it.

Deuce B said:
I have a damaged drivers side taillight lens on my '91. Saw an '04 at the dealership and thought the new taillight design looked better.

I was hoping the newer style lights with the oval shaped orange turn signal would be compatible. Anyone know if it's a simple swap or are they different? Would the small bulb housings fit in the new style lenses? Are the bulbs located in close enough proximity that the wiring would work without modification?

Since I have to change one side, I wanted to just change both to the updated style.

Anyone know if it's as easy as I'm hoping it is?

:confused: why would you want that ugly orange egg on the back of your taillights???

just my .02 cents...if you like'em, thats all that counts.....

Back