• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are there any other dudes out there that love cats?

rob,

crystal's a good looking cat and very close in appearance to our (late) full maine coon, delilah.

great cats, maine coons.

I happen to be a cat guy... :D I have 5 extreme exotic Persians and they keep me busy around the house. And as you can tell from the pics below we have cat cliques... :p
Max

Natasha

Jaxx, the baby...

and Isabella & Tinker Bell

Last edited:
Philosophically, while I'd rather adopt, I also see the appeal of being able to get exactly what I want. Sort of like I always buy used cars, but really someday I'd love to order exactly what I want (I'm too cheap though). That bengal is so darned cute, amazing markings, and I've read such great things about them as pets. I'd love to add one to our cat family someday, but we have a 4 cat quota (we had 5 for a while and decided 4 was a good number). I showed my wife the pics and she was in love (until she saw the price). Warren is getting up there in years though.... he's 13 (we were his foster family and had him since he was 2 weeks old), but talk about a lap cat...... I can't get him OUT of my lap most of the time. He's also our 'guard' cat. He protects the kids when strangers are in the house and if you're not feeling well, he knows it and won't leave you alone.

- - - Updated - - -

rob,

crystal's a good looking cat and very close in appearance to our (late) full maine coon, delilah.

great cats, maine coons.

She is a great cat, quite the personality, and she LOVES to play fetch, especially with my son's nerf darts.

Philosophically, while I'd rather adopt, I also see the appeal of being able to get exactly what I want. Sort of like I always buy used cars, but really someday I'd love to order exactly what I want (I'm too cheap though). That bengal is so darned cute, amazing markings, and I've read such great things about them as pets. I'd love to add one to our cat family someday, but we have a 4 cat quota (we had 5 for a while and decided 4 was a good number). I showed my wife the pics and she was in love (until she saw the price). Warren is getting up there in years though.... he's 13 (we were his foster family and had him since he was 2 weeks old), but talk about a lap cat...... I can't get him OUT of my lap most of the time. He's also our 'guard' cat. He protects the kids when strangers are in the house and if you're not feeling well, he knows it and won't leave you alone.

- - - Updated - - -

She is a great cat, quite the personality, and she LOVES to play fetch, especially with my son's nerf darts.

You can pay more or pay less for a Bengal. There's a breeder much closer to me that charges $800. I didn't check her cattery out because I didn't want to wait for her next litter.

This is the link to the breeders I found. It's Pets4You.com. http://www.pets4you.com/bengal.html

- - - Updated - - -

I happen to be a cat guy... :D I have 5 extreme exotic Persians and they keep me busy around the house. And as you can tell from the pics below we have cat cliques... :p
Max

Wow, those are different than any Persians I've ever seen. I love your house!

I have some new photos of my Siamese and Bengal kittens. Wow, the Bengal is just like I've read. Crazy active. She learned how to remove the metal disk in my desk and as soon as I put it back, she takes it out again. She purrs instantly when I pet her. Zion, the male Siamese, is a love just like my Zoro was. He also purrs instantly but he's way more mellow than Talia, the Bengal.

^11-24-2013.

^11-27-2013. Talia.

^11-27-2013.

^ 11-27-2013. Talia learning to climb the rope ladder. 1 of 4.

^ 11-27-2013. 2 of 4.

^11-27-2013. 3 of 4.

^11-27-2013. 4 of 4.

^11-27-2013.

^11-27-2013.

Last edited:
Please think happy thoughts for my 15 1/2 year old kitty...Meeko just had to have surgery to remove a bladder stone from his bladder and kidney stone from his ureter...and there's nothing they can do about the kidney stones they found in his kidneys.

1452113_10202750832751165_77877524_n.jpg

Seems that I am hogging this thread but I have to share this about my Bengal, Talia. She's decided the washing machine makes a good cat wheel.

wait... the cat made your "Check Engine" light come on.

Oh the irony, because I'm pretty sure that is the result of a cat... :D

Please think happy thoughts for my 15 1/2 year old kitty...Meeko just had to have surgery to remove a bladder stone from his bladder and kidney stone from his ureter...and there's nothing they can do about the kidney stones they found in his kidneys.

1452113_10202750832751165_77877524_n.jpg

How's your kitty doing, Erik?

That is a GREAT looking little girl. What breeder did you find he?

Ours can be a little monster, she's our 3rd Bengal. Typically we have two, but she's now an only child and acts like it.

small PICT1568.JPGchristmas bean.jpglina small.jpg

That is a GREAT looking little girl. What breeder did you find he?

Ours can be a little monster, she's our 3rd Bengal. Typically we have two, but she's now an only child and acts like it.

View attachment 108058View attachment 108059View attachment 108060

^Talia, now 12 weeks old, is my first Bengal. I've always been a seal point Siamese cat owner. I bought her from a breeder in Nipomo, California: Bishops Bengals.

As I type, she's on my lap just like in the photo. I'm learning what Bengals are all about. She's sweet.

What does your pretty girl do that makes her a little monster?

Last edited:
You guys Bengals have great rosettes. Makes me want to get another kitten.
I went over 15 years without a kitten. It's fun to have two, now. My old cat, isn't as happy about it as I am but she's coming around. Kittens are so entertaining.

Here's a funny screen capture of a video my nephew took of mine battling an evil shoestring monster to the death.
ubamuju9.jpg

Last edited:
How's your kitty doing, Erik?

Almost forgot I posted about Meeko here. He came through the surgery fine and finally came home last Friday after a brief stay with mom (we wanted to make sure he could recover away from our other kitty...and where someone could keep a close watch on him since my wife and I were working). He was very happy to be home, but also looking and acting drugged from the medication. We're a bit worried now because he has been refusing to eat food that ourvet stresses he really must eat (a diet specifically formulated for kitties with urinary issues) to minimize the chance that more stones don't form in his bladder. We've tried mixing it with some of his favorite food, but, though that it initially appeared to help, he still turns his nose up and walks away.

And we still have to worry about his kidney stones.

Getting old sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

I went over 15 years without a kitten. It's fun to have two, now. My old cat, isn't as happy about it as I am but she's coming around. Kittens are so entertaining.

Kittenhood goes by way too quickly. Enjoy it while you can! Make sure to take a lot of video. I didn't have a video camera when mine were kittens... :(

Last edited:
good to hear he's home -- hope he brightens up and returns to normal eating habits soon. true story about taking video throughout their lives ... lots of fun and good memories for the future.

I'm happy to hear your kitty is doing better. I hear ya about trying to get a cat to eat food they don't like. Will he eat the food he used to eat?

I'm happy to hear your kitty is doing better. I hear ya about trying to get a cat to eat food they don't like. Will he eat the food he used to eat?

The vet said it was okay to try mixing in his old food with the new stuff, but that we really need to get him off of his old...since it likely contributed to the formation of the stones. Giving him the option to go back will just make him more finicky.

We just took Mushu, our Meezer mix, to the vet because we were concerned with a sore that developed on his backside over the past week. Now both of our cats are on antibiotics. Crossing fingers his tests don't reveal something serious.

Crap...my vet is 95% sure Mushu has some form of skin cancer....I can't handle this. Both of our cats have serious health problems now.

Last edited:
Are you sure you need to worry about cat skin cancer? I had a biopsy done on a bump on my arm and it's skin cancer. Dec. 31st I have an appointment to have more removed. For people it's common and not something to really worry about.

Back