• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are you getting the H1N1 shot?

I always get the flu shot. I come in contact with so many slobs, uh I mean people (tenants) that I don't chance it.

On average 36,000 people die from the flu every year.

There have been 1000 swine flu deaths so far this year.

95 are children.

I think there are bigger things to worry about.... unless of course it mutates.

Now here's an interesting question, why is there no H5N1 shot? (bird flu anyone? That's supposed to be the deadly one that's going to bite us in the ass.)

I guess when we have a real outbreak of H5N1 they can scare us into buying that as well. (and actually I would be scared enough to get one).

Are those US number?

Yes... just the US.

If you're the type of person who gets one every year, I'd go do it. But if you're "scared" of H1N1, I probably wouldn't. You're probably better off just getting the damn cold. lol

H5N1... well, that's the real deal. Again, think of the H1N1 scare as a good test run of our whole system. BTW - We couldn't contain it.

That is a big, fat no for this shot. My wife and Daughter are also not going to be getting this. I beleive that the H1N1 is nothing more than media hype.

It's media hype until you get it, then it's pretty damn nasty. A friend of mine got it and the whole family was knocked out for over two weeks. They went through hell, and the recovery from it took a loooong time. This is no ordinary flu, hype or not.

I got my shot today, but not H1N1. I'll get that when it becomes available here. I deal with little kids that have bad hygiene habits.

Most likely it's just another way for the government to siphon more tax money back to Medical Industrial Complex for campaign bribes.

CDC says 477 deaths, it's been out for a couple months, so let's just say x3 for a year's worth of deaths.

300,000,000 Americans
1,500 estimated Deaths from H1N1 / year
------
.000005% Chance of death

Most likely it's even smaller than that because I'm sure the median age of the nsxprime member is not in the H1N1 likely target range of kids and elderly.

I think more people die from acute diarrhea, but this makes great news because it involves kids dieing. The drug companies are making a killing I'm sure, selling to CVS , VONS, and the US Government. All the hysterical "peanut allergy" moms are going to pumping their kids with this drug as soon as they can.

This shouldn't even be on the news compared to what's really going on, it's just another distraction for the drooling masses, like the 10 days of non-stop Michael Jackson coverage for a dead pedophile junkie. Just a distraction to keep your mind off real news , like the real reason were invading 2 other countries and why were close to having hyperinflation.

I stopped watching TV a long time ago because of stuff like this.

You have a much higher chance of dieing in a car accident, so if you skip the shot, but don't go out drinking/clubbing whatever for 2 Saturday nights you'll have the same chance of survival.

Last edited:
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y3XlJB7J5-o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y3XlJB7J5-o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ch5OuzB9L48&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ch5OuzB9L48&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tAgWO2yq1k8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tAgWO2yq1k8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

that video is not a reason to deny oneself the vacine.

I take that you and your family are getting the vaccine as more prominent evidence it should be done than that random video/tragedy. Still a bizarre story.

I take that you and your family are getting the vaccine as more prominent evidence it should be done than that random video/tragedy. Still a bizarre story.

I know nothing of her case,but just seeing the video(and I don't want to get too ot) I would be very curious to see if she would walk that way(forward) under the influence of a mild sedative/hypnotic.My psychiatric peers I think know what i am driving at:wink:

local drug stores here are offering them for $18. However, they are giving preference to the most at risk demographics.
I don't plan on getting one.
For the first time in my life I got one last year and then got the worst case of the flu I have ever had. I actually went to the doctor because of it.:mad:
I swore I would never get that shot again.

I know nothing of her case,but just seeing the video(and I don't want to get too ot) I would be very curious to see if she would walk that way(forward) under the influence of a mild sedative/hypnotic.My psychiatric peers I think know what i am driving at:wink:

She can run and walk backward but cannot walk straight. She speaks normally when she runs but dystonic when she sits. I think she needs serious institutional care such as those provided by the Scientology guys.
Steve

Last edited:
My wife just asked me to email our pediatrician about this a couple of hours ago and to find out if he gave it to his daughter as well. Haven't heard back yet, but there have been a few cases in the schools around here and I really don't know if I want to be injecting this stuff into my 3 and 4 year old.

The bosses daughter had it and I've known several people who know people who have had it. It's a very nasty type of flu and the scary part is it kills healthy people of all ages.

My wife is 6.5 months pregnant and my daughter is almost four. Both had their shots last week for both types of flu. I'll be getting mine in a couple of weeks hopefully (I can do the spray though).

Personally I'm not taking any chances, especially considering how bad it hit pregnant women. If it spreads to the degree they're saying it will it's going to be really bad.

My wife just asked me to email our pediatrician about this a couple of hours ago and to find out if he gave it to his daughter as well. Haven't heard back yet, but there have been a few cases in the schools around here and I really don't know if I want to be injecting this stuff into my 3 and 4 year old.

My pediatrician emailed back and said he's given it to his whole family. His wife and all his kids and recommends getting it for my kids when he gets in more doses next week.

Also, I just happened to pick up the latest Wired yesterday that had been sitting around the house a while and was pretty convinced by an article I read that this whole scare thing around all these immunizations is complete and utter rot. It was focused mostly on the whole autism thing but it explained how all these websites and movements are not only junk science, but how diseases that were thought to be mostly gone in the US have now come back numbers 2500% greater than a few years ago and are actually starting to kill children again because of people being afraid to immunize their children.

Im 12 days since mine. I did have mild symptoms for about a week (got the live vaccine) but I was mildy sick when I got it.

Back