• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Automatic transmission with turbo!

Bisi over at Bisimoto Engineering has been tuning a lot of AEM EMS and F/IC powered NSX projects lately. I haven't personally seen very many boosted automatic NSX builds, so I figured some of you might also enjoy the videos Bisi sent over this morning.

I think this would be a really fun daily driver!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2IZfOGJwezI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/avxTKin0V9w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bisi did a wonderful job tuning this car with the AEM FIC. It has our Prospeed Turbo kit and a Level 10 automatic tranny upgrade. The car drives normal around town but puts down some serious power for an automatic NSX when you step on the gas. I was surprised how smooth it shifted and how civil it was for normal use. Might be the first AUTO NSX TURBO I know of. If anyone knows of one please chime in.

automatics are great if you want to daily drive big power. my 300ZX Twin Turbo has a built auto designed for about 550hp and it is very smooth and much more responsive... while not manual like response, it is perfectly acceptable for a performance application. the shop i take it to has a 9 sec 300ZX auto, full interior, street radials, no nitrous... still perfectly smooth for cruising on the street and my mom can drive it. lol.

Hmmm, I was under the impression that automatic trannys weren't supported by EMS's.

Also, watching that second video, that NSX's exhaust sounds exactly like my legend's.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the kind words, all. It was not easy, but the car is a joy to drive and is unreal how smooth the power comes on...the partial throttle response and drivability is awesome as well. It also helps that we have the dynapack, as it allows me to perfectly tune for part throttle regions: areas where we, as enthusiasts, spend most of out time driving in.

yeah the second video they had the car expert sitting passenger.LOL

I wanna see the camera stay on the needles during this test.

but it sounds great.

yeah the second video they had the car expert sitting passenger.LOL

I wanna see the camera stay on the needles during this test.

but it sounds great.

We will upload the video shortly for you.

Here's the dyno graph if anyone cares to see :smile:

SonnyNSXTPwrFeb11.jpg

Thank you for all the kind words, all. It was not easy, but the car is a joy to drive and is unreal how smooth the power comes on...the partial throttle response and drivability is awesome as well. It also helps that we have the dynapack, as it allows me to perfectly tune for part throttle regions: areas where we, as enthusiasts, spend most of out time driving in.

Bisi- Thanks Bud, For tuning it and All your Help!!!
I am hoping to meet you on my drive back on Friday, Was going to swing by your shop and Say hello and meet you personally. Cant wait, Heard Alot of nothing but good things about you and your work. I also apperciate all the work you put in my car.

Last edited:
Back