• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Autowave Inc. Turbo kit Pics

We could do a center exit for you jimmy the only thing is we would have to eliminate the muffler to make the radius for the center exit. You also will need to go to like a rear defuser to pull off the center exit. I don't think the car will be that loud running no muffler as that gt40 tends to muffle things pretty well. Wait a minute your not a show guy, your a track guy! The only thing you should be worried about is learning how to tame all those ponys you will be getting here shorty.

We had clay smith cams take a look at your cams for us and they seem to think we will be OK.

Mike,

That's a great idea Mike and very cool.... you also know I also drive mine on the street as well and will continue to do so....You know my additude, why have it if your not going to drive it.

I'm more than willing to be the test guy for it since I know and trust whatever you guys do comes out great anyway. We'll just have to see how loud it really is when it's done. It would be nice though to be able to bolt one on for emissions testing if need be...

BTW, what is the emission situation with this system ? I don't have to worry about emissions at this point since I keep my NSX registerd in a County that doesn't require testing....but who knows when that might change.

Let's track down a rear defuser that you think will work and I will get it.

LOL....I feel like a kid walking into my first toy store waiting for this Mike :biggrin:

Very cool on the cams, this is great news, Ken from FactorX will be happy too now that he can cash the check... We are moving right along brother.

Looking forward to seeing you and Dad soon.

We could do a center exit for you jimmy the only thing is we would have to eliminate the muffler to make the radius for the center exit. You also will need to go to like a rear defuser to pull off the center exit. I don't think the car will be that loud running no muffler as that gt40 tends to muffle things pretty well. Wait a minute your not a show guy, your a track guy! The only thing you should be worried about is learning how to tame all those ponys you will be getting here shorty.

Last edited:
We could do a center exit for you jimmy the only thing is we would have to eliminate the muffler to make the radius for the center exit. You also will need to go to like a rear defuser to pull off the center exit. I don't think the car will be that loud running no muffler as that gt40 tends to muffle things pretty well.

I have tried a few configurations, if you're going to have large diameter piping (3" or more), it will be too loud with only the turbo, you need to run some kind of bullet muffler.

At the moment, I have a 3" downpipe split into 2x2.5" pipes with bullet mufflers installed, which then exit in quad tips. Its aggressive, but not too loud... the mufflers are only rated at 2-3db of noise reduction, but they take the harsh edge off of the exhaust note, and keep the officer's head pointed the other way, while still allowing a degree of enjoyment inside of a tunnel.

That sounds like a great idea Scorp....

I like aggressive but not to loud. My current SC set up is aggressive sounding but not overly loud and I like the sound of it a lot.
I realize that the turbo will be a different sound and somewhat quieter than I'm used too, but I still like hearing the sound of a healthy motor.
And the motor we're building is EVERY bit of healthy....
To me, that's part of the over all experience and enjoyment....

Can you post a picture of the set up ?

At the moment, I have a 3" downpipe split into 2x2.5" pipes with bullet mufflers installed, which then exit in quad tips. Its aggressive, but not too loud... the mufflers are only rated at 2-3db of noise reduction, but they take the harsh edge off of the exhaust note, and keep the officer's head pointed the other way, while still allowing a degree of enjoyment inside of a tunnel.

Last edited:
:biggrin:
I need to see yours Mark....
I heard it doesn't look bad with the defuser you used.

looks great guys...
single exhaust tip FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this center exit exhaust... The Factor X car.
But angled down so to not lose the license plate area.

Attachments

• NSX Rear End with Center Exhaust2s.jpg
    NSX Rear End with Center Exhaust2s.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 464
Thanks.
Very clean job !

Just got back from Autowave today. Have to say the pics really DO NOT do the quality of the turbo kit justice. Inspecting the quality of the welds, beads are layed down nice and evenly...similar to the CTech headers. Didn't see any skimping on quality throughout the kit.

Jeff

Well we have now started are install on are second turbo system. This project is utilizing one of our in house custom built engines. Here are some pics of the unit installed on the engine out of the car. The jigs are spot on and everything is just falling together with the install. I should have this one up in running sometime next week and then I will be starting on are third installment of the turbo series as the motor is built and ready to go and the system is on the shelf and ready to be installed:biggrin::biggrin:

Jim,

You are one lucky guy.....please post videos after the install....:biggrin:

Just got our third car up running with are turbo kit we are waiting on inter cooler cores right now we should have them by the end of the week and hopefully be hitting the dyno with both cars by the end of next week.

Update on our first car with the Autowave turbo kit and race engine the customer has happily reported to have put on 4000 trouble free miles all at the 570 whp power level, the car is back in the shop and we will be updating the fuel system to be able to hit the 700whp mark in the next few weeks if any of you guys are in the area we now have three cars at our shop with turbo kits on them come and check it out.

The fitments on these kits are spot on and we are very close to having final pricing on the kit. I can tell you this the turbo kit is a gravity fed drain coming from the turbo "no scavenge pump for oil return here" the entire kit is made of 321 stainless and has been made by one of the top fabricators in the country we were lucky enough to have him do this for us with his busy schedule with F1 and Indy teams he supports.

Short review of AutoWave Turbo Kit:

I have had the car back now for a few months. I have driven the car daily and have about 2k miles on the kit now.

All I can say is AWESOME!

There have not been any serious problems at all. We had to make some minor adjustments here and there but overall trouble free power.

Whoever is next on the list for this project is very lucky. I had to wait the long period of the prototyping. The kit is not cheap but everything used on the motor build and turbo kit is top notch. Nothing spared from my understanding. You will forget about the price once you have the car up and running. I haven't taken it to any track days yet. I have killed any car that I have gone up against so far and a few bikes. (BMW M6, ducati 998, viper, supercharged z28, cayenne turbo s, older carerra, 08vette, 500 hp wrx, and the list goes on. The funny thing is that most of these cars hit me up. None of the cars even came close. I warned most of them. I didn't even run the highest boost setting.

Bottom line is I am very happy with the kit!

Take what you like and leave the rest, any questions pm me.

Chris

Got a real good look and studied the setup this past weekend. Hands down the best setup out there right now. Very well thought out. 321 Stainless all around and incredible workmanship:wink: If I hadn't just bought two STIs for my kids last month:frown:I would be tempted to get another NSX just to put their system on it.

Regards,

Danny

How much is this kit?

Well, the good news is their turbo kit is one of the best quality kits I have ever seen (I’ve seen it in person). The bad news is, it’s one of the most expensive turbo kits I have ever seen! If I remember correctly, I believe their kit starts at about $15,000 and goes up to about $40,000 with a fully built motor that has the potential to handle 1000 RWHP!

Like I said, the quality is top notch so I guess you really get what you pay for…..:smile:

The kits start at 14,500 and go up from there depending on what options that you want if you have some of the supporting mods that are needed the price goes down from there, Injectors, engine management, fuel pump ect. this system is a complete transformation that will take your nsx from a normal nsx to a nsx with prestige and a-- kicking capability :smile:

That's funny, I was quoted $15,800 and I had to install the kit and tune the car. No comparison to the Lovefab kit in terms of bang for the buck. You could have a Lovefab kit installed and tuned with an EMS for considerably cheaper than the Autowave base kit which isn't even close to turnkey.

That's funny, I was quoted $15,800 and I had to install the kit and tune the car. No comparison to the Lovefab kit in terms of bang for the buck. You could have a Lovefab kit installed and tuned with an EMS for considerably cheaper than the Autowave base kit which isn't even close to turnkey.

I was an aircraft mechanic and inspector for 20 years and worked with high temperature ducting and welding during some of that time. While the Lovefab kit does indeed seem like a great kit and has lots of followers The Autowave kit is the apple of my eye. Its for those who have the highest standards and pocketbook to back it up.
Definitely not for everyone. Just a few.
5 posts and your bashing one of the most respected shops in CA. Nice start.

Last edited:
I was an aircraft mechanic and inspector for 20 years and worked with high temperature ducting and welding during some of that time. While the Lovefab kit does indeed seem like a great kit and has lots of followers The Autowave kit is the apple of my eye. Its for those who have the highest standards and pocketbook to back it up.
Definitely not for everyone. Just a few.
5 posts and your bashing one of the most respected shops in CA. Nice start.

Thank you for the kind words nice to hear from someone that recognizes quality and craftsmanship. We realize this kit is not for everyone and that there are other people out there that produce turbo kits. I wish that we could make this kit more affordable but when you have one of the top fabricators in the U.S. making your stuff it is hard to tell him that he has to make less when he has Factory Honda and trd lining up as his door. Sometimes I think he just makes stuff for us as a favor as we have known the guy for 20 years.

I wish I could take credit for fabricating this piece of art but these are the guys who do it
http://www.coastfab.com/company-and-customers.html

here are some pics of other jobs he has done
http://www.coastfab.com/fabrication-services.html

Last edited:
Back