• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Average miles on 91-94's?

Miles on your 91-94

• 10-30k

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • 30-50k

Votes: 38 23.8%
  • 50-70k

Votes: 34 21.3%
  • 70-90k

Votes: 29 18.1%
  • 90-110k

Votes: 14 8.8%
  • over 110k

Votes: 23 14.4%

• Total voters
My '93 had 116,000 Km (72,000 miles) when I sold it 2 weeks ago

My '91 has 38,000 Km (23,600 miles) on it now...

91 X said:
by looking at some of the miles some of you have...I'm wondering if you enjoy looking at it in the garage more then driving it :confused:

I'm guessing those with the higher mileage have had more fun :biggrin:

My 91 had 69K on her when I sold her :frown: ....I put 16K on her the two years I had her...I miss that car!!!

On the hunt for another one soon!!! :biggrin:

If I had a low mileage NSX, I'd still run up the miles. Buying an NSX and not driving it is like buying a huge plasma TV and never turning it on. Of course, I should talk, I don't drive my car enough anymore. ;)

Great response, Seems Ca. cars get driven more.
Maybe its the weather, or Freeways? In any case
I bought Tino's car. (The Tubi group buy guy "bboxer")
The 94 turned 59k today, but is as perfect as I have seen.
Was looking for lo mi., but could not walk away from his car.
It drives as good as it looks. No issues.
Complete History from window sticker on.
1st sold in Jan 95, Tino's since 97.

Yes, I am a Happy camper. :biggrin:
P4100047a.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I bought my '93 just shy of 3 years ago with 14K miles - just turned 32K the other day. I find the annual mileage is increasing exponentially however. The first year I was scared to break 20K (actually took more than the first year!) and then some minor reticence at breaking 30K but now I just like driving it & whats the point of a garage queen anyway? It's there to be driven guys! (colloquialism - gals included in the generality)

My 1991 has 76K right now and I drive it every day rain or shine. After work I drop it off at home and pick up the Excursion so I can go get the kids from daycare. The car is in such great condition that it looks like it has 7.6K. Most people are stunned when I tell them it is a 1991 with 76K. I will drive this car until the wheels fall off. I refuse for a car this fun to be a garage queen. The more miles the better. That just means you are actually enjoying what you have. Besides, I like the NSX as much as anybody but it will never be a collectible. I like the analogy of buying a plasma TV and then never watching it! It is there for a reason. And yes, my plasma TV also gets plenty of use. Enjoy it!

My 91 has 98k miles on it. After one year of ownership, I've put on 4k miles myself. What fun!!!

My 92 is getting close to 43K miles. Have put about 6K for the last 8 months .. it's hard to just let it sit in the garage! The temptation to drive it is just irresistible ... :biggrin:

my '91 has ~29k miles on it, i've owned it since nov '04, put maybe 1500 miles on it since then. according to the fella i bought it from, neither he nor the original owner had driven/left this car in the rain. ever.

a couple of months ago a buddy and i were visiting a local private garage where the the owner has, among many other exotics, a mclaren. we were talking to the caretaker and my friend, who constantly pimps me about not taking the nsx in the rain, says to the caretaker, "i'm curious, do you guys take this car out in the rain?".

the caretaker looks at my friend like he's brain damaged and says, "it's got windshield wipers, doesn't it?"

naturally, there was some serious laughing at me by my friend. as fate would have it, last week i took the nsx up to lake tahoe for a few days (to visit my friend at his place) and, sure enough - it rained hard on the car.

the good news? the windshield wipers worked :)

wow all you guys have such low miles my 91 has just turned 343100 miles all stock all original and if anyone doesnot believe go to the thread santa clarita meet and you will see the most recent picture of my odometer :biggrin:

I have 47K on my 93. I put on 3K since I bought it at the end of November 2004. This includes one road trip to Southern California, by way of Fresno and Bakersfield. If you haven't done a road trip with your NSX (somewhere along the lines of 4 to 5 hours, I encourage everyone to do a road trip...
It was (NS) Xhilarating :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mike

MIKE5261 said:
wow all you guys have such low miles my 91 has just turned 343100 miles all stock all original and if anyone doesnot believe go to the thread santa clarita meet and you will see the most recent picture of my odometer :biggrin:

Trust me, my friend....I am trying my best to catch up with you. It just may take a while. If you combine my two cars together I am a lot closer. ;)

My 93 just passed the 130K mark. I bought it about 18 months ago with 70K on the clock. I drive it every day. The car has performed flawlessly but of course she is meticulously maintained.

Unfortunately the clutch finally failed the other day and I'm already suffering withdrawal symptoms as it won't be in the shop for another week. I really want to catch up to MIKE5261! :biggrin:

MCM said:
They say ave is 5k a year on NSX's?
Yes, I've mentioned that numerous times, based in part on a previous topic where everyone reported his/her mileage. Technically, that's a median, rather than an average - meaning, half the cars have more than 5K miles per year, and half have less. (An average adds up the miles and divides by the number of cars, and in a case like this, tends to be higher than the median.)

At 5K miles per year, the median would vary from 55K miles for a '94, to 70K miles for a '91. Lo and behold, the median in this poll falls into the 50-70K category...

my 92 has 65K miles.
bought it with 44K miles 20 months ago.
and I only drive twice a week :)

chumch said:
Just turned 12000 miles on my 91. Had 6000 when i bought it 2 years ago so I'm making progress.

WHAT?!?!?! You need to drive more!! :D

Back