• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

bad / good drive home from Motoring J...

Bad #1: rain

Bad #2: being parked under a tree made my car reaaaaaaally dirty due to the sap and dirt on the tree's..

Bad #3: a radiator hose ended up blowing on my drive home

Bad #4: the engine bay is covered with coolant

Bad #5: having to clean the entire car inside and out again after i just got it detailed yesterday!

Bad #6: replacing all the hoses is going to be a pain!

------------------------------------

Good #1: Met a lot of new people today and finally able to put a face to peoples names on prime

Good #1: Made it all the way back to where I live before it over heated

IMG_03841.JPG

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

Last edited:
That sucks! Sorry to hear about the hose. I'm glad no one was hurt. When I left for lunch, I saw a lot of accidents on the freeway. As I was getting on the on-ramp, my car was drifting sideways. Scary stuff. Thank goodness you werent on a long or far run. That's what I'm afraid of with our older cars.

What's the damage on replacing all of the coolant hoses? How much in parts/labor? I may want to look into this too.

$300+ for just hoses. $1200+ labor

Last edited:
Yeah we drove pretty cautiously going home... I was just driving under normal condition and than about a mile or 2 away from my exit I noticed some smoke building up in my engine bay...luckily enough I removed the engine cover yesterday so that didn't get wet or damaged....anyways I pulled over when I exited on top of a hill and noticed there was a cut/rip in one of the coolant hoses going to the engine. I let it roll down the hill in neutral and than I started her up at the last block which was flat to drive it in to my complex and than pushed it in to the garage where it's safe and stored away until I get some new hoses.

you want bad....not as bad as a coolant hose, glad you're ok.

I got pulled over for a "no front plate" and engine inspection.:confused:
Just as I was getting on to 80S

chp: I pulled you over for no front plate
me: I removed it for the event
chp: Insuance, licence & reg
chp: Is your engine modified :confused:
me: no
chp: please open so I can look :confused:
chp: is you exhaust cat back :confused:
me: yes
chp: I'll give you a verbal, drive safe :smile:

:confused: :confused:
I think he was looking for something else

anyone ever have a chp engine inspection?

on the good side, ok event, but amazing company. Hope to meet up again :smile:

Last edited:
Jimmy: Sorry to hear what happened to your NSX. Glad you limped home safely.

Richard: Did you open the front of the NSX to show the CHP the engine.:biggrin: Did you go to Lowell High School?

Richard: Did you open the front of the NSX to show the CHP the engine.:biggrin: Did you go to Lowell High School?

No, I think he actually knew better.
And...no I didn't 'attend' Lowell High School, but I was there often. I went to Sacred Heart High, and the girls school across the street (Catherial) was too small:frown: ...so you could say I went to Lowell :biggrin:

Thanks guys! Yeah I'm glad she made it home okay in one piece. Just waiting on the Samco coolant hoses to arrive now.

Richard - Yeah I used to get pulled over now and than and the cop would literally ask if it was my car. Like I looked to young to own it or afford it or something. Anyways even though you got pulled over, glad you got away with just a warning!

what an ass. Probably just wanted to get a closer look.

I did see a car pulled over right in front of the fairgrounds gate as I was leaving..........easy pickings for the coppers I suppose............

No, I think he actually knew better.
And...no I didn't 'attend' Lowell High School, but I was there often. I went to Sacred Heart High, and the girls school across the street (Catherial) was too small:frown: ...so you could say I went to Lowell :biggrin:

Sacred Heart......where I come from Sacred Heart was an all girls private school???

Sacred Heart......where I come from Sacred Heart was an all girls private school???

you're thinking of Convent of the Sacred Heart. :smile:

Wow, Sorry to hear Jimbo. At least you made it back okay. Give me a shout if you need help with the install.

Bad #2: being parked under a tree made my car reaaaaaaally dirty due to the sap and dirt on the tree's..

Bad #5: having to clean the entire car inside and out again after i just got it detailed yesterday!

Good #1: Met a lot of new people today and finally able to put a face to peoples names on prime

IMG_03841.JPG

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

ahhh yes.....Sacred Heart and Ramona were where all the sweet girls were from...........:biggrin:

and where tuition is now 21k

I had a hose pop off the coolant tank. That was a shitty experience. I just remember looking in my rear view mirror and seeing a green gyser shooting up into the rear hatch and divider. What a damn mess. It's been 2+ years and I STILL have green residue in various places.

I had a hose pop off the coolant tank. That was a shitty experience. I just remember looking in my rear view mirror and seeing a green gyser shooting up into the rear hatch and divider. What a damn mess. It's been 2+ years and I STILL have green residue in various places.

Yeah I definitely re-lived your experience, I was like F**** when I looked in my rear view mirror. Sitting in traffic seeing puffs of steam/smoke build up from the coolant filling up my engine compartment wasn't a nice feeling, I can only imagine what the drivers around me were thinking.

As for the cleaning process I plan on just using warm soapy water to wash the glass windows and than take a hose and spray the engine compartment down

Glad everyone made it home OK...

My car also limped home as my intake was sucking in rain water causing me to lose low end rpm (also no plates & no fender linings).

As for cops, CHP was parked near the front entrance pulling over everyone. Despite the weather, it was the strongest NSX turnout I've ever been to so far.

I did enjoy my $7 polish dog, but felt sorry for the Shaved Iced vendor that day.

Jimbo,
Sorry to hear about the coolant hose, but glad you made it home ok. It was nice seeing everyone at the meet. Looking forward to seeing everyone again, when the sun is out :biggrin:

Richard,
Sorry to hear about your pullover, but good thing you didn't get the ticket. I don't think the officers were really looking to mess w/ us "old" guys too much. I saw them pulling over a few highly modified cars (bodykits, etc) and cars w/ stickers.

ahhh yes.....Sacred Heart and Ramona were where all the sweet girls were from...........:biggrin:

"Sweet" is what they call it now days I see...lol haha we use to call it something a little different from sweet...:biggrin: But sweet works for me, its sounds so much nicer...... :wink:
Your bros before hoes avator just kills me everytime I see it lol.

Last edited:
"Sweet" is what they call it now days I see...lol haha we use to call it something a little different from sweet...:biggrin: But sweet works for me, its sounds so much nicer...... :wink:
Your bros before hoes avator just kills me everytime I see it lol.

I was choosing my words carefully as I did not want to accidentally insult anyone...........

Anyway I think we may be talking about different schools since the two I was rememebring are in the LA area........

I was choosing my words carefully as I did not want to accidentally insult anyone...........

Anyway I think we may be talking about different schools since the two I was rememebring are in the LA area........

Yeah, Mercy, noterdame, st marys, sacred heart, etc, etc... They are all the same, lot of sweat girls :biggrin: . when I was a little younger I used to meet alot of "sweet" girls from those schools and have no complaints here. Lot of my ex's went to those schools when I was in high school. Tell you what though I would NEVER send my daughter to one of those schools. Hope I didn't offend anyone I m just messing around and only speaking from my experiences.

Hey Jimmy,
Sorry about your hoses. I guess there is not telling when they are gonna go. I wonder is there some way to visually check them all with out really removing them? Or does honda/acura recommend to replace all at some point??
Are you going to change all of them or just the main ones?
I'm on the fence about changing all of them or just the main 8. I would like to change them all but I don't want to mess with it if it will make even more problems arise. But if mother honda says it should all be replaced it will make my decision much easier.

IMG_03841.JPG

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

That's another reason I dislike the CHP....glad you got out of it with a verbal.

Back