• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBSC @ 17.5#of boost!!

so any idea what the factory limits are? i'm sure i'm no where close, as i'm using a walbro plus 500cc injectors, even at about 540 crank hp.

I think it is in the neighborhood of 500-550 rwhp which would be something like 625 at the crank. The car in question belonged to Romeo who if I remember correctly, sold it to Sig, who then sold the engine and BBSC to Rob since Sig had a Factor X built turbo motor. By the way, here is the link to Rob's car. Note, he has a Walbro fuel pump and had 550 rwhp on pump gas and 600+ on race fuel.

http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79733&highlight=rob+morrison+supercharger

And if I remember correctly, I think that the restriction was from the tank to the rails. I'm sure that Cody, Chris or Momin could clear it up. When Momin did my engine, he put in new lines from the tank to the rails.

Last edited:
holy crap that car is nuts! and i think we have an answer for whether or not the bbsc can run 17 psi...

I think it is in the neighborhood of 500-550 rwhp which would be something like 625 at the crank. The car in question belonged to Romeo who if I remember correctly, sold it to Sig, who then sold the engine and BBSC to Rob since Sig had a Factor X built turbo motor. By the way, here is the link to Rob's car. Note, he has a Walbro fuel pump and had 550 rwhp on pump gas and 600+ on race fuel.

http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79733&highlight=rob+morrison+supercharger

And if I remember correctly, I think that the restriction was from the tank to the rails. I'm sure that Cody, Chris or Momin could clear it up. When Momin did my engine, he put in new lines from the tank to the rails.

SO guy's im back home after all the running around 2 tune my nsx
thing is...with custom 2.7 puley on bbsc no slipage on the belt the boost
skyrocketed at 1.42bar(21pounds) at 6800 rpm the pump was maxed out at 533whp my tunner and i decided that is way to much for know and after 7-8 runs the belt started slipping again!
solution ...we installed the pulley that came with the kit i measured it at 3.4 if remember correctly!
the car now made at 0.75(10 psi) 463whp i think its pritty good but im not satisfied, will have a pully made 3.0 inch and will see how it goes from there.
here is a video with my 3.4 pulley at 463 wheel hp enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TODA275?blend=2&ob=1

here is my dyno sheet with my 2.7 pulley whp and afr were you can see the walbro has maxed out 21 pounds of boost( so much boost on a bbsc nsx....that has 2 be a record)
http://img59.imageshack.us/i/dsc01126h.jpg/

Last edited:
Well costa I'm glad to hear your tuner knows when to quit. I don't really know what your goals are with the bbsc. If you are asking for advice or information, might be good to start with that.

If you are getting belt slip, then yes you might want to go with a larger pulley, providing it gives you the power you need. Maybe you can just add methanol injection, and get more power at lower boost levels?

Have a 3 inch pulley made. see what level of boost you get out of it. then add methanol injection. You've put a lot of money into your motor build, so what is a few more dollars?

and it's nice to see people really pushing the envelope again.

one thing i might recommend... you are absolutely going to ruin the bearings with the amount of tension you need on the belt for such small pulleys... WHEN it happens... and it will... make sure to buy the absolute best ABEC 4 or ABEC 5 bearings you can find so you don't have to replace them again.

gerry
gerry

Last edited:
Well costa I'm glad to hear your tuner knows when to quit. I don't really know what your goals are with the bbsc. If you are asking for advice or information, might be good to start with that.

If you are getting belt slip, then yes you might want to go with a larger pulley, providing it gives you the power you need. Maybe you can just add methanol injection, and get more power at lower boost levels?

Have a 3 inch pulley made. see what level of boost you get out of it. then add methanol injection. You've put a lot of money into your motor build, so what is a few more dollars?

and it's nice to see people really pushing the envelope again.

one thing i might recommend... you are absolutely going to ruin the bearings with the amount of tension you need on the belt for such small pulleys... WHEN it happens... and it will... make sure to buy the absolute best ABEC 4 or ABEC 5 bearings you can find so you don't have to replace them again.

gerry
gerry
peiserg thanks for everything cause realy ...you have helped me alot with my bbsc and glad to open my pc and see that u have an answer 2 my questions
the truth is yes i have invested alot of money and i want to see if i can max out my bbsc,asou have probably noticed i love maxing out something...
i did some research on the novi 2000 paxton gives it max power to 970hp
it can handle 26 pounds of boost at 1500cfm!
p.s what did you think of the power we made ?

i think 460 rwhp at 10 psi is pretty damn good. it's on par with most of the turbos out there. v8killer and his love fab make 430rwhp at 13 psi. Of course his motor is not built as stout as yours.

Push it as far as you can.. but blowing your motor may be an expensive way to find out what the end of the road is. I would personally push it to 15-17psi. for you, i'd guess that's 550 rwhp? obviously, it's up to you how far you want to take it. it may not be the Novi 2000 that fails.. it is going to be your carrier arm bearings! They are easy to replace, but a hassle.

there is a thread here on bbsc replacement parts for the "spider" as well as the bearings and oil seals, and replacement pulleys are easy to make. so that's pretty much all the maintenence items on the bbsc. So at least when your stuff breaks, you can fix it easily.

peiserg thanks for everything cause realy ...you have helped me alot with my bbsc and glad to open my pc and see that u have an answer 2 my questions
the truth is yes i have invested alot of money and i want to see if i can max out my bbsc,asou have probably noticed i love maxing out something...
i did some research on the novi 2000 paxton gives it max power to 970hp
it can handle 26 pounds of boost at 1500cfm!
p.s what did you think of the power we made ?

So costa what's the latest? how much boost did you make with your 3 inch pulley?

And with your next photo capture of the dyno screen, try to get RPM on there too.

SO guy's im back home after all the running around 2 tune my nsx
thing is...with custom 2.7 puley on bbsc no slipage on the belt the boost
skyrocketed at 1.42bar(21pounds) at 6800 rpm the pump was maxed out at 533whp my tunner and i decided that is way to much for know and after 7-8 runs the belt started slipping again!
solution ...we installed the pulley that came with the kit i measured it at 3.4 if remember correctly!
the car now made at 0.75(10 psi) 463whp i think its pritty good but im not satisfied, will have a pully made 3.0 inch and will see how it goes from there.
here is a video with my 3.4 pulley at 463 wheel hp enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TODA275?blend=2&ob=1

here is my dyno sheet with my 2.7 pulley whp and afr were you can see the walbro has maxed out 21 pounds of boost( so much boost on a bbsc nsx....that has 2 be a record)
http://img59.imageshack.us/i/dsc01126h.jpg/

So costa what's the latest? how much boost did you make with your 3 inch pulley?

And with your next photo capture of the dyno screen, try to get RPM on there too.

Sorry but i havent had the time 2 install my 3.0inch pully thing is im a hotel owner and this time of year im verry busy will keep u guys posted
dont worry!

i clicked on your sig.. holy crap thats the shortest air intake i've ever seen witha filter!

lol I just saw your post. If you are talking about my Race car set up then yes, there isn't much room there and I ended up having to pull that filter off cause I was being a bottle neck on the dyno.

Back