• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBSC @ 17.5#of boost!!

Hi guys..i just had my bbsc supercharger finaly installed and almost finished! the car is still strapped on the dyno cause we runned into some problems since no one has done anything like that here were i live i would like to ask frome prime members what is the best plugs 2 run with,and best gap ?how much is the intake temp with chargecooler installed? those are questions my tunner asked for me to find out!!!!!

so far on the dyno my nsx showed 489 wheel horsepower and 352#torque
my tunner said that i will get around another 50whp cause timming was laid back ant fine tunning hadent been finished we had slippage of the sc belt at 7000rpm anctious of what the final #ers will be

what has been done on my car is
bbsc novi 2000 with chargecooler
iridium denso ik24 plugs stock gap .70mm
crower 84mm rods
cp 90mm stock bore 9:8:1 pistons
brian crower billet crank ballanced with rods pistons,crank pulley,flywheel
commetic gaskets
the heads and valvtrain are bone stock so is the throtle body
aem 30-1042 ecu
bosh 650cc injectors
walbro 255 intank pump
custom pulley 2.70 and so far we have seen 17.5# of boost!

p.s.... the novi 2000 is good for how many pounds of boost ?
also the rateling noise coming out of the charger when the car is at idle ,is that normal?

Last edited:
Wow that's a lot of boost for the bbsc. I think it's the highest i've ever heard of.

Are you using a charge cooler? Methanol injection? Aftercooler? I'd think you need one at that level, even with a built motor.

On my car, at 9.7psi, my intake temperatures got up to 140 farenheit... i think that's about 55-60 celcius? Pretty hot. I'd say put methanol on that system. It's cheap and easy.

Yes the chatter of the bbsc is normal at idle. I like the sound, and some people don't. but it IS normal.

Belt slippage, at that boost level, will be a problem.

Personally... i think you ought to make a LARGER pulley, and use less boost.. i don't think the Novi is made for more than 15 psi.. I'd say make a 3 inch pulley (7.7centimeter). you're probably asking for trouble with so much boost on that setup.

BY the way if you need a different pulley I can easily have any size made you want. Cheap, too. $85 USD plus shipping.

Oh yeah... don't overtighten your belt!! you're going to ruin the BBSC bearings, and then you'll have to remove it to replace them. that's pretty common! Use the ABSOLUTE minimum belt tightness that gets your boost where you need it.

Last edited:
Wow that's a lot of boost for the bbsc. I think it's the highest i've ever heard of.

Are you using a charge cooler? Methanol injection? Aftercooler? I'd think you need one at that level, even with a built motor.

On my car, at 9.7psi, my intake temperatures got up to 140 farenheit... i think that's about 55-60 celcius? Pretty hot. I'd say put methanol on that system. It's cheap and easy.

Yes the chatter of the bbsc is normal at idle. I like the sound, and some people don't. but it IS normal.

Belt slippage, at that boost level, will be a problem.

Personally... i think you ought to make a LARGER pulley, and use less boost.. i don't think the Novi is made for more than 15 psi.. I'd say make a 3 inch pulley (7.7centimeter). you're probably asking for trouble with so much boost on that setup.

BY the way if you need a different pulley I can easily have any size made you want. Cheap, too. $85 USD plus shipping.

Oh yeah... don't overtighten your belt!! you're going to ruin the BBSC bearings, and then you'll have to remove it to replace them. that's pretty common! Use the ABSOLUTE minimum belt tightness that gets your boost where you need it.
thanks!!!!!!!!! no meth kit yet but i am using chargecooler

use a gatorback belt to reduce slippage a bit. I have done 600 whp on the walbro so you should be fine

That's alot of boost. But since you are on low compression you'll be fine. I recently changed my BBSC pulley and was having belt slippage as well. Like peiserg mentioned do not over tighten the belt or you will wear the bearing out quickly. The Gatorback belts really help reduce the slippage.

The only thing I see an issue with is the Iridium Denso plugs. I don't like running Iridium plugs on a boosted car.

Depending on what kind of octane fuel you get there or are using. It also depends on the climate there, does it get really hot and humid? I would adjust the timing accordingly.

Good luck and post a dyno sheet if possible, I would like to compare yours to mine.

Thanks
Rahim

Go with NGK BKR7E PLUGS

That's alot of boost. But since you are on low compression you'll be fine. I recently changed my BBSC pulley and was having belt slippage as well. Like peiserg mentioned do not over tighten the belt or you will wear the bearing out quickly. The Gatorback belts really help reduce the slippage.

The only thing I see an issue with is the Iridium Denso plugs. I don't like running Iridium plugs on a boosted car.

Depending on what kind of octane fuel you get there or are using. It also depends on the climate there, does it get really hot and humid? I would adjust the timing accordingly.

Good luck and post a dyno sheet if possible, I would like to compare yours to mine.

Thanks
Rahim
it realy gets hot here but i really do most of my driving at night when the temp is low
the octane here is 100octane so i guess its better then your 94 there!!

Never had any probs past 7 years with 7-21 PSI. Used to run my BBSC with them up to 13 PSI

Last edited:
oh to answer your question about max rwhp on bbsc... i do beleive that Armando was making 550 rwhp on his bbsc.

And Ken Sampson is pushing more than that on a different type of supercharger.

Science of Speed has seen 500+ with their new supercharger on a built stroked motor.

I've been using the ones Woody suggested also at 8psi for the last 2 years with no problems. Enjoy buying something cheap for your car for once. They are about $27 for all six shipped from sparkplugs.com if you can't find them(probably a bit more for shipping for you though).

what is the most hp on a walboro 255?

608 RWHP with Meth on Mustang Dyno. Should be 700+ on most other Dynos. 23 LBS boost with Lovefab turbo.

608 RWHP with Meth on Mustang Dyno. Should be 700+ on most other Dynos. 23 LBS boost with Lovefab turbo.
we are on the dyno and my walbro after 7500rpm maxed out at my suprcharger boost reading at 20.5 pound boost and 550 whp so we are instaling the 3.7 pully until we fix the fuelling power will keep u guys posted
i will upload dyno sheets with 2.7 pully and know soon:confused: 3.7

I'm at 523 rwhp on 16 lbs of boost with water/methanol mix running on a Procharger custom SC setup.

we are on the dyno and my walbro after 7500rpm maxed out at my suprcharger boost reading at 20.5 pound boost and 550 whp so we are instaling the 3.7 pully until we fix the fuelling power will keep u guys posted

What are you using as a measure to come up with this information?
Is your fuel pressure dropping off at high rpms? Or are you looking at the A/F ratio going lean? These are 2 different issues...

1) If the pressure is dropping off at high RPMs then yes you need a bigger pump or something in your fuel line is restricting the flow.
2) If the A/F is leaning out but the fuel pressure is constant then you need bigger injectors.

Are you using any after market fuel pressure regulator? If not, you could try an adjustable regulator to bump up the fuel pressure to see if that helps.

Here is a good link that RC provides...this calculates the injector size you will need for the amount of power you wanna make.

http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx
Scroll to the bottom and plug in your info.

It seem like you need bigger injectors for the amount of power you are making. You said you are at 550whp at would be about 616hp at the crank taking 12% drive train loss. So with that said you need a min of 814cc injector. So if you are trying to make more power I would suggest getting 1000cc or 1200cc.

Good luck man.
Rahim

I think that it was Rob Morrison who was having difficulty with running lean on high HP with a BBSC. He was using 1000 cc injectors and was still having difficulty. It turned out that the limiting factor was the factory lines were causing a restriction. This was first pointed out by Gerry Johnson with his turbo setups.

so any idea what the factory limits are? i'm sure i'm no where close, as i'm using a walbro plus 500cc injectors, even at about 540 crank hp.

Back