• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best bolt on performance?

Can't believe still noone mention about Rdx injectors and prospeed chipped ecu. Oem na2 3.2l headers, Rdx injectors and prospeed chipped ecu, and gt lightweight exhaust. I think those are the best bang for buck mod to add power on na nsx.

Can't believe still noone mention about Rdx injectors and prospeed chipped ecu. Oem na2 3.2l headers, Rdx injectors and prospeed chipped ecu, and gt lightweight exhaust. I think those are the best bang for buck mod to add power on na nsx.

Probably a very good plan right here.

Well i think everyone agrees that headers and exhaust are a must. The side scoop to increase the air flow and maybe the intake outlet?? I've seen it on dali racing, now about the Rdx injectors sounds very interesting but i haven't seen the gains on the X ( hp wise) .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

TURBO2GO, yeah you are right and you did help me before. I was outta line to say what I did. I am sorry. Thank you for saying what you did and then pressing on to give me more good info. You are a good soldier trying to give the info in spite of what seems to be an unappreciative member. I guess I just saw my question as very simple and and therefore left the door open for people to add the variables that I am unaware of. I didn't expect people to miss out on the guidance of such a simple question. I was looking for bolt on parts (not including turbos) that would improve engine performance. I got info about tires? People on here can be almost as dumb as me!:biggrin:

Doing a search is a waste of time. I am internet challenged. I do a search on a topic I am looking for and get everything but. It's true about 99% of the time. Computers hate me as much as I try to like them and try to stay open minded. I do usually do a search before I ask a question but then I kick myself for ever wasting the time once I see the fruitless results. :confused:

OK man, its cool. You can understand that the NA1 engine has a bad header, and the NA2 motor has a very good header, so that is critical info to know. Also a supercharger is a "bolt on", albeit a complex one, and an expensive one. So a budget would be helpful.

I can tell you if it was my car and I wanted more power (not necessarily to be faster because that is when tires and driving ability come in)... you did specifically say engine and that was concise.. if I wanted more power I would really do the headers and exhaust FIRST. Then I would do either a downforce or cantrell instake scoop (fits in the fender) and a unit-filter,

d_111[1].jpg

or this. I think the B-line will flow better but changing the filter requires removal of wheel/liner. Not a big deal but still a bit more of a pain.

nsx_intake_r1.jpg

NA1 headers are VERY restrictive. Here is a photo, the center 2 are NA2 and the outer 2 are NA1:

3868P1040016.JPG

After you have that done, and you've saved a bunch of weight too, go for this:

RDXkit1.jpg

Even tho i didn't start this thread and after reading several threads and suggestions i bought a couple of things that i consider bolt on for my Nsx. Now I'm very inexperienced with the Nsx so any suggestion would be gladly appreciated.
DC headers
Taitec Gt-009 exhaust
Cantrell Scoop ( is the oem intake box and the scoop the best combination possible or not? does the uni filter makes any difference to this set up? )
Procar Intake Box Outlet
Bore Throttle body
Prospeed Rdx Kit

do you guys think am i missing something here?

Nico

@ Kenny,
Dude any question is a good question because there is always somebody who can learn from it. I found it a shame from day one of being on this forum the amount of arrogance, jealousy and smartazzism there is.
The people that do in fact act this way simply make themselves look foolish by doing so and it puts a bad vibe on a healthy and mostly helpful forum.
Don't waist your time defending yourself or arguing...just move on to the next question or helpful answer.
Back to your perfectly ok question and when I was a new owner it was my same question - I would say the best value and smartest "bolt on" if you can call it one is the best oil filter and oil change money can buy - royal purple because you really dint know when the last time it was changed by the previous owner.Then your engine is a bit safer when the headers (hp increasing mods) etc are installed which give it more speed and sound. The little things with the Nsx make such a big difference because it's so lightweight and really not all that powerful.
Simply removing the spare tire takes off @ 40-50lbs...yes, even that makes a difference.
Good luck dude and stay positive so your Nsx experience is nothing but fun!

Kenny ken, doc_tai has the best answer(for the money). For you car, headers, prospeed chip and rdx injectors, intake, exhaust. Possibly short gears? Between us in austin and houston, we have somebody with all the mods you may have a question about.

Last edited:
Is anyone running the Taitec Exhaust + Headers? My main issue would be fitment, the costs i'll get over with lol

THanks for all the info here, for Kenneth for asking the questions, and replies with meaningful results (links, prices, other infos).

Kenny ken, doc_tai has the best answer(for the money). For you car, headers, prospeed chip and rdx injectors, intake, exhaust. Possibly short gears? Between us in austin and houston, we have somebody with all the mods you may have a question about.

Kenny, it sounds like you want to stay NA- you want headers, exhaust, uni-filter plus air induction scoop (in order of priority IMO). Headers and exhaust will both give you more power and reduced weight (headers are more expensive to install than exhaust but yield better results). Once you have them, then get the prospeed RDX injector and appropriate-stage chip. Basically exactly what Turbo2go says in post #55. KO mentioned local people with these mods, you probably remember mine (I don't have the RDX injectors or tune yet bc I am OBDII). Tires are a big performance upgrade too as was pointed out by tire guru, but just trying to answer your question.

What is the story on the injectors? Do the stockers max out?

Someone has been in a cave recently! :biggrin:

Last edited:
All seriousness aside, the warp drive is better than the flux capacitor.
It's greener, more efficient and does not come from a Delorean.

UnitedNSX, thanks for the info. I was planning on using Royal Purple on my next oil change for all the reasons you mention and more. Does your handle have anything to do with United Airlines?

TURBO2GO, you gave some real good info and I appreciate it.

Nero Tenebre and KO NSX, I'll have to get up with you guys and pick your brains. We gotta get together at one of the C&Cs soon. Sorry I have not been in contact but I have been busy setting up a helicopter flight school here in Austin. Lots of work to go but it may pay off well in the long run.

I know its all opinion, but in mine, Royal Purple is overpriced stuff. I think standard Mobil1 is one of the best and everytime I am at the track talking to race teams, that's what they are using and like. It's really proven stuff and I don't see a need to spend more. I have always ran all synthetics in the NSX, and added redline water wetter to the radiator. And I still change every 2500 or 3K miles. Probably overkill but I love this car and take real good care of it.

I think that Royal Purple is a superior oil to anything out there but if you are changing the oil that often I agree with staying with Mobil 1 Synth. simply because if you are changing that often even a medeocre oil shouldn't break down in that time.

My NSX mechanic says to use Royal Purple and to change the filter every 5K and the oil every 10K. I assume this is for a stock NSX and normal driving so that probably wouldn't apply to built engines and trackers. Thoughts?

My NSX mechanic says to use Royal Purple and to change the filter every 5K and the oil every 10K. I assume this is for a stock NSX and normal driving so that probably wouldn't apply to built engines and trackers. Thoughts?

Don't you mean change the OIL every 5k and the FILTER every 10k (ie. Every second oil change)?

I think that Royal Purple is a superior oil to anything out there but if you are changing the oil that often I agree with staying with Mobil 1 Synth. simply because if you are changing that often even a medeocre oil shouldn't break down in that time.

There's no way I would go 10k on the oil or filter. The filter holds a quart anyway so you are leaving 1/5 the dirty oil in. Oil absorbs particles. A good synthetic may not lose viscosity for 10k but it picks up plenty of particles. NSX motor is worth too much to be cheap with the oil.

Last edited:
They have modern oils that swear they will last at least 10k miles, but I still wouldn't take the chance when oil changes are so inexpensive. I do mine every 5k miles with synthetic. I agree with turbo, royal purple is royally overrated. The best oil supposedly is castrol edge synthetic European formula iirc, but that business is just like the car battery business- a lot of hype to wade through before you can find any truths.

My mechanic is saying to change the filter every 5K not 10K. So, the filter is changed twice as much as the oil. He swears by Royal Purple and a lot of the people I know in aviation running high performance airplane engines say the same thing. Do you guys think I shouldn't trust what this guy is telling me? He is one of 12 NSX master mechanics in the U.S. and is a professor of automotive technology at the local community college.

I would trust him if he can explain it to you scientifically. I wouldn't necessarily trust him based on position or conjecture (or reputation of product). It may very well be the best, but someone should be able to explain why the quality is higher in quantifiable data, especially someone who has his qualifications right? Every oil ad claims to offer the best protection and sell on reputation but no consumer can tell heads or tails of it bc they don't present real data. Find absolutely independent tests/data after sifting through all the noise and marketing bullshit if you want to be really sure. It's a lot of work, and comes up on other forums as well- mostly just leading to more fruitlessdebate. It's easier to just change the oil and have piece of mind IMO. Cheapest way to keep the parts moving smoothly, reduce wear, and extend the life of the motor. And we are way off topic officially!

Very good points Nero! Even if Royal Purple was to be found scientifically far superior to any other oil the gains would not be realized until the oil is pushed to the point of breakdown. I guess once I start thinking about it logically it doesn't make much sense just like you and TURBO2GO are saying. By the way, I just turned 85,000 miles so it's time for an oil and filter change. :biggrin:

No problem getting way off topic. That's what these discussions are good for. You've got a good way of putting things in realistic terms and you are right, there are a lot of things out there that are sold on pure hype. Thanks for your input.

Very good points Nero! Even if Royal Purple was to be found scientifically far superior to any other oil the gains would not be realized until the oil is pushed to the point of breakdown. I guess once I start thinking about it logically it doesn't make much sense just like you and TURBO2GO are saying. By the way, I just turned 85,000 miles so it's time for an oil and filter change. :biggrin:

No problem getting way off topic. That's what these discussions are good for. You've got a good way of putting things in realistic terms and you are right, there are a lot of things out there that are sold on pure hype. Thanks for your input.

Talk to Joe L here (pbassjo), he was talking to some sort of oil expert during an ALMS race who I believe was on the Acura race team working on the lemans cars and he went over his test data and results over years of racing and said they find Mobil 1 to be the best oil. I forget the details but I can assure you the guy was highly qualified. Anyway, you can use mobil1, royal purple, amsoil or redline.... All are probably WAY WAY WAY beyond what you need in an NA street driven car whose oil gets changed regularly. So it doesn't even matter. I use amsoil and castrol synthetic in the supercharger. I'm using redline in the radiator, and I use mobil1 in the motor. I wouldn't be against using any of the afore mentioned names in the engine, but I wouldn't spend extra money on it. Costco has great deals on Mobil1 and I pick it up and hand to my mechanic.

Last edited:
Back