• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best/Cheapest Acura Parts online shop?

Hello Primers,

As I am going to do some maintenance and modification on my 92 I am searching for the cheapest Acura parts online store.

Obviously I found Acurapartsnow.com and their prices sound reasonable. At least compared to the crazy high (2-3 times as much) european prices for nsx parts.

What's your favorite online store?

Cheers,
Bernhard

People are going to start telling you to use the search function now BUT I like oemacuraparts.com. Good prices and free shipping for Primers
yes,there's a guy there named tim poliniak who has been a good friend to primers through the years,he knows a lot about our cars and will go out of his way to try to find scarce parts.

It probably was my fault not using the right words or combination of words with the search because it did come up with hundreds of threads but only one has something to do with "where to buy" :(
sorry if its an already widely discussed topic. As beeing a moderator in the biggest Honda Forum in Austria I definitely know how annoying it can be to have the same topic all over again and again.

I am going to check oemacuraparts.com

Do I have to add something special to the order form to get the free shipping?

EDIT: found it
Yep! www.oemacuraparts.com / Tim has been great and remember guys...
Add in the Note Section upon Checkout "NSX Prime Free Shipping" and they
will credit your CC once the shipment has been picked and shipped.

Thanks
Bernhard

Last edited:
I have ordered several parts from oemacuraparts.com, and there prices are good, but the last two orders have taken a few weeks to arrive. On the last order I made with them I called a few days after I made the order to inquire about the shipment and they gave me a tracking number and told me it would ship that day. It took more than a week after that for the tracking number and package to be received by the shipper. Just a little FYI.

not sure where you are Bernhard, but guessing Europe, we in UK found that Acura have stopped allowing US Acura suppliers sending stuff overseas... probably to bolster the inflated prices in Europe.

oemacuraparts.com previously shipped internationally, this is quote from their policies page...

We are no longer able to ship internationally. American Honda and Acura of North America restrict the sale and shipment of U.S. market parts and accessories to the 50 states. U.S territories are specifically excluded. These include, but are not limited to, Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.

i'd check international shipping with Acurapartsnow.com too, as they only list USA and Canada on their shipping options!

if you find a supplier that ships internationally let us know!

Last edited:
Austria ;)

Our local post service offers a service that collects parcels in USA and ships it home for you. Works with a "fake" address in US that is actually just a warehouse.

http://www.myus.com offers more or less the same.

Or you have relatives in US, like me :D

problem solved ...

Bernhard

Jonathan; Tim has addressed that and can still get the bits over to the UK so just ring him and he'll get you sorted.
Oh yeah, took the thingie down to the powder coater to get OEM wrinkle black. Should look the business. Thanks again.

By the way, Tim is located in New York and his dealership is in Arizona so it usually takes a week or so. It's not the quickest but be assured he'll find your hard to get parts if they can be found and his price is worth the wait.

Cheers
nigel

Last edited:
Hi Nigel,
It may not be a great idea to post that for all to see, it may get Tim in trouble...and shut down a source of cheap parts to us in the UK....

Jonathan; Tim has addressed that and can still get the bits over to the UK so just ring him and he'll get you sorted.
Oh yeah, took the thingie down to the powder coater to get OEM wrinkle black. Should look the business. Thanks again.

By the way, Tim is located in New York and his dealership is in Arizona so it usually takes a week or so. It's not the quickest but be assured he'll find your hard to get parts if they can be found and his price is worth the wait.

Cheers
nigel

NSXGB;
I certainly hope that's not the case. Tim is a great help to those of us that have these cars and he only operates on the up and up and i'm sure he only does the right thing within Hondas rules.
He cares to go the extra mile to help us get what we need.

Thanks for the heads up and i'll be careful.

Cheers
nigel

If they won't ship to Europe, find an NSXer in the US, ship to him, and pay him to ship to you. I'd be OK doing that for you. But big pieces (say anything bigger than 12" square, or heavy, get really expensive fast these days.

If they won't ship to Europe, find an NSXer in the US, ship to him, and pay him to ship to you. I'd be OK doing that for you. But big pieces (say anything bigger than 12" square, or heavy, get really expensive fast these days.

Thanks for this great offer ... if the shipping company that does the international part for me now continues to f*** up again and again I might contact you in the future.

Bernhard

Sure. The thing to do is get the EXACT weight and measurements of the box from the seller, then go to usps.com and calculate the label from there with insurance and tracking numbers. Then once shipped to me (or whomever) setup an account, print the label and send us the PDF (actually label with customs forms). For international shipments no need for me to go to the post office - they pick it up from the house.

But you have to be sure the weight and dimensions are correct - you can get nailed otherwise. Figure a 2 pound smallish box will run around $40 I think to Europe.

Usually shipping through Fedex and UPS costs a lot more.

Hope this helps

Each shipper lets you calculate rates and times on its website, so it's easy to do so with all three:

United States Postal Service - usps.com
Federal Express - fedex.com
United Parcel Service - ups.com

All three also let you pay and print labels on their site. They have various options for shipping time, local dropoff vs pickups at your home, etc., and they can all affect the cost.

Just another fan of Tim at Acura of Peoria!! (www.oemacuraparts.com 1-866-347-8355)
I have bought lots of bits over the years from Tim, sometimes its shipped to Australia, sometimes he ships to a Motel when we are in the States.
They generally use Fed Ex for International shipping and its here in 3-5 days which is very quick.

A week or so ago I ordered some bits including a Coolant Tank as my spare had gone to another Aussie in dire need. When it arrived the box looked damaged and one of the outlet tubes was cracked.
I sent a photo to Tim and with no further discussion he said a new one was on the way. Arrived 4 days later in perfect condition, all thanks to Tim and Fed Ex who I think were involved in it as part of the Insurance.

Anyway, brilliant service and no dramas, just action and a result.

Cheers Scott

Back