• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BEST EVER NSX wanted posting!

It took me a while to figure out who the girl holding the platter of Unicorn meat was. I was thinking, "Hm, looks familiar ...."

It took me a while to figure out who the girl holding the platter of Unicorn meat was. I was thinking, "Hm, looks familiar ...."

Credit goes to OyATL for finding the cutest racing girl ever. I hear The Cars' "Moving in Stereo" every time I see his avatar !

Lots of Easter Eggs in this one. How appropriate.

I have to admit I will have mixed feelings if and when Yinzer finds his unicorn. He deserves the win but we will really miss the monthly updates to his ad.

Yes

I have to admit I will have mixed feelings if and when Yinzer finds his unicorn. He deserves the win but we will really miss the monthly updates to his ad.

I truly admire his creativity ! I see some folks we know buried in the most recent "Waldo" image - heck, I even found Waldo. :redface:

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E84VqqCPI7w&ap=%2526fmt%3D18"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E84VqqCPI7w&ap=%2526fmt%3D18" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

</EMBED>Ha, thanks for the positive comments and for not getting tired of them by now. Well - I was in college around 1990 unfortunately before email, youtube, blogging, and photoshop but before phone text/photos and facebook (THANK GOD) and back then a few of us jagoffs amongst the group would frequently create cartoons as a way to commemorate certain events (usually boneheaded) by friends or myself. They were a way to squeeze a little more juice out of things and make fun of whichever knucklehead(s) just a little while longer... One buddy called them "d*ckisms." To this day I really miss creating them and seeing other's creations and these wanted ads were a good outlet to scratch that itch. So even after I eventually find the right one, I don't anticipate losing interest in creating more d*ckisms as long as there's an interested audience.

$10 in Starbucks pre-paid card to the first person who correctly identifies every addition in the Waldo...not all are necessarily Prime related. I'm guessing only Neal has a shot at naming EVERY one........! :)

"Well - I was in college around 1990 unfortunately before email, youtube, blogging, and photoshop but before phone text/photos and facebook (THANK GOD) and back then a few of us jagoffs amongst the group would frequently create cartoons as a way to commemorate certain events (usually boneheaded) by friends or myself. They were a way to squeeze a little more juice out of things and make fun of whichever knucklehead(s) just a little while longer... One buddy called them "d*ckisms." To this day I really miss creating them and seeing other's creations and these wanted ads were a good outlet to scratch that itch. So even after I eventually find the right one, I don't anticipate losing interest in creating more d*ckisms as long as there's an interested audience."

Well, around 1990 I was werkin-n-practicin (Seger reference). I never even heard of these "d*ckisms." A Yinzer thing?
Keep up the creative Primer side with us and best of fortune looking for that totally correct white.

I never even heard of these "d*ckisms." A Yinzer thing?
Keep up the creative Primer side with us and best of fortune looking for that totally correct white.

Ha, not really a yinzer thing even if the first and only time I ever heard the word was when my buddy thought it up on the 8th floor of Towers dorm at Duquesne U in Pittsburgh. I see it's covered at urbandictionary.com pretty well.

Will definitely keep you abreast of the hunt for the elusive but not inescapable white yeti...

as a fellow pittsburgh resident & hopeful owner within the next couple years, I hope you find one soon so that I might catch a glimpse of it on the streets :D

Just grab one. anything as long as it drives. and fix it up to your standards. or I am sad to say your going to be like Tabasco tring to sell his car for 35 years. but your on the other side of the spectrum looking for a car for 35 years.

just jump into a cheap one, pump 15K into it and have a mint NSX that exceeds your standards

just tring to look out bro, there is something meaningful in bring one from the brink of death trust me it make you sleep at night knowing Senna would be proud of you.

wow that last white one on ebay looks great!

I agree, intriguing and looks worth investigating! But I'm much more intrigued over the one I plan to pick up on May 11. :) It's been a fun hunt but the timing could not be better. A few family & personal hurdles over the last 2 years really took center stage so the NSX hunt initially was almost more of a distraction and therapy than a race to get something into my garage ASAP. I have big thanks to many on Prime who helped a lot along the way or pointed out options like that one above, but I think I owe biggest thanks to sellers who either raised their $$ on my asking-price offer or just changed their mind. With the combination of this particular car (99.99% OEM), its history/condition, its location, and the seller himself whom I think is the real World's Most Interesting Man (I'll share more on that later if he'll let me. Not a celeb or famous racer, so as to not mislead, but even better - a real guy who leads a very cool life), I'm pretty excited. I also got to learn of two local 92 sub-30k mile GPW owners and will try to meet up them this summer. Hope to make NSXPO '13 barring any work commitments I can't get around.

I really wanted to lay low until it was a sure thing and even now I'll hold off on any more until I'm being pushed back into my seat while heading west towards NYC with the early morning sun in the rear view mirror... This was set into motion on Dec 28 so it's been a long winter and spring, but now it'll be Christmas in July!

wow your patience is just insane. I thought searching for 6 months was a long wait for one and I had to make some exceptions as well to what I originally wanted. (things that need to be modified to my liking)

Hope all works out and your story has a good ending soon.

sounds exciting.............to be continued..........

The end of an era. How about starting a new thread. I'm going to miss those posts. Month end ritual: 1. Run month-end jobs at work. 2. Pay bills. 3. Check out yinzer's latest work of art.

Anyway, congrats on the find. Hope everything goes smoothly and that you can post a shot of the NY skyline in the dawn's early light, taken through the windshield of your unicorn.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I don't get on here as often as I used to but I've been following your search on and off for a while now since you made it interesting for all of us. I will look for the image commemorating your purchase!

Back