• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best leather treatment I've ever used !!

After trying everything on the market, I'm a bit blown away with the results from this . Should be able to find it at a saddlery . Massage it in with your hands and wipe down . Even covers blemishes ! Dries leaving beautiful moist leather not sticky and no odour
IMG_0353.jpg
IMG_0352.jpg

Last edited:
if you buy that at amazon, let us know how it worked out.

hmm interested in trying this stuff.

So I just did my first application using this leather conditioner (bought off Amazon) over the weekend, very solid results.

I applied it to my seats and steering wheel using a cotton towel, let it sit overnight, and then took another clean towel and buffed it out. Before, the leather on my seats had a slightly dry, brittle feel to them and they would make noise whenever I would sit down. After applying the conditioner, there's an added suppleness to the leather that makes the seats feel brand new.

I do miss the leather smell I got from the Zaino equivalent, but no question the Coach-O-Line stuff is a much better leather conditioner. I recommend it!

Leather Dressing

Thanks for sharing.

Ordered the Ko-Cho-Line product off Amazon last night -- can't wait for it to arrive!

...so, was it determined that the product you ordered on Amazon (yellow container spelled with a K) is the same as the red container pictured in first post with a C ?

Also, I have been using Leatherique for years, and have always have had great results, like this, takes a bit of work, but very nice, non-greasy results...I would be curious to try something new if that good. Leatherique is very liquid like, where this seems more like a paste...

...so, was it determined that the product you ordered on Amazon (yellow container spelled with a K) is the same as the red container pictured in first post with a C ?

Also, I have been using Leatherique for years, and have always have had great results, like this, takes a bit of work, but very nice, non-greasy results...I would be curious to try something new if that good. Leatherique is very liquid like, where this seems more like a paste...

The product hasn't arrived yet. The ETA is next Friday (July 14), as I had selected the cheapest shipping from UK to Canada.

Honestly, I wouldn't know since I have never used the Coacholine product from the first post or any other leather treatment products. I will post a before and after picture of my results when I get it. Stay tuned!

Update:

I actually received the parcel a day or two before the ETA.

8hik9oD.jpg

D7VqjkM.jpg

C1DZ60l.jpg

Before:
1dxX0KH.jpg

After cleaning:
6rDQkNS.jpg

After applying the conditioner:
PxCSS9v.jpg

The container suggests to wait 12 hours before using to allow the product to absorb in. I am going to wipe off the excess tomorrow after work so it has about 20 hours to absorb into the leather and update again.

Thanks for the Amazon link Jason! I just applied some tonight. I don't know how it compares to the stuff SweetChuck used, but the Ko-Cho-Line Amazon stuff is dark red color and very thick.

I applied it with a rag as recommended in the instructions. It has a sheen similar to the other pictures above. DAYTA said he applied it to his steering wheel, but I didn't because the initial application was pretty slippery. I'm not a fan of the shiny look, but my sister has horses and says this Carr&Day&Martin company makes good stuff for leather. She also said to apply it sparingly near the stitching and also be careful because the stuff can leach out on your lighter clothes later. The can says it's safe for stitching and doesn't promote mold or mildew.

The instructions just say apply it and it's good about 12 hours later. However, I'll go over it with a dry cloth like the others have done.

Forgot to mention some of my leather seat spots were very dry, so I'll make a few more spot applications before I sit in them again.

From what I've read, this is like deep conditioning for your leather, not a quick temporary treatment. I'll do this again before Winter storage.

Last edited:
Most conditioners meant for horse tack (saddles,etc) is meant just for tack and might darken the leather or the stitching in the seats. The other possible issue is the conditioner may actually transfer to light colored clothing, especially if the car is parked in the sun. Personally I prefer a ph balanced leather conditioner that matches the ph of the leather. One that has a strong UV inhibitor (the main enemy of colored leather) with lanolin and other essential oils. Pinnacle Products makes a leather cleaner and conditioner that bears consideration.

Most conditioners meant for horse tack (saddles,etc) is meant just for tack and might darken the leather or the stitching in the seats. The other possible issue is the conditioner may actually transfer to light colored clothing, especially if the car is parked in the sun. Personally I prefer a ph balanced leather conditioner that matches the ph of the leather. One that has a strong UV inhibitor (the main enemy of colored leather) with lanolin and other essential oils. Pinnacle Products makes a leather cleaner and conditioner that bears consideration.

I actually passed on getting this because I was afraid of what you mentioned above, as well as potentially having my stitching (orange) change color....

That's why I posted the red color of the Amazon stuff. If I didn't have black leather I wouldn't have used it.

The Amazon reviews said the red color was no problem if you let it soak in long enough before using it.

This is after 5 days of a liberal application of the Amazon stuff soaking in. I used a white cotton rag to wipe everything, and just a faint hint of red showed up. Wiped it again and it looks pretty good. It softened the leather a bit, and I'll apply more before Winter.

Crummy cellphone pics this evening. Car is a '92 with 129k miles, approximately 70k were as my daily-driver. While the seats are actually in pretty decent shape, they've been heavily used and I'd like to try and preserve them a bit better:

View attachment 146088View attachment 146087

Back