• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best place and price to order coolant hoses

Hey guys,

i have read a couple couple threads and want to preventively replace coolant hoses on my car- best ones to get and place to order from would be appreciated.

Thanks

I just replaced all 22 of the hoses on mine. The best place is acura of Augusta . Talk to joe.

Tom

Yeah I was thinking that was probably the best. It's funny I checked all the hoses and the only weak ones are the ones that are the 3 large ones to the side of the expansion tank. All other seem to be good. I think this is due to the amount of heat these hoses are exposed to.

Does anyone know any Acura/Honda dealers that heavily discount - I don't think I am going to get the whole kit, thanks.

get a few part numbers and use google shopping search and sort by lowest price. This will help u get an idea as to which vendor tends to have a track record of low prices.

Also, I've substituted all of the OEM hoses with this: http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/Venair/coolant_hose_kit/

the rest where all OEM replacement.

How much of a difference is there between the SOS hose set and the more common ones found on the internet like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121174545830?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The price difference is substation ($90 vs $360), is there some value you are getting for the vast price differential?

Many parts offer higher quality in their OEM versions than their aftermarket counterparts. Maybe not all parts, but it's true of many of them. If you want to buy aftermarket, that's up to you. I stick with OEM parts where I'm relying on them to last a long time, such as cooling system hoses.

You can get the hoses from any Acura dealer. Tim at Acura of Peoria offers some of the best discounts out there and is great to work with. Click here for coupon codes for discounts on shipping.

Tim at Acura of Peoria offers some of the best discounts out there and is great to work with. Click here for coupon codes for discounts on shipping.

+1 I get all my parts from Tim. Best discounts out there plus free shipping.

Thanks everyone for all the help. Has anyone used the OBX hoses that were linked on Ebay. Also what is the best way to get ahold of Tim?

I'd be careful with those aftermarket hoses. Given my recent experience, the last thing you want is a coolant leak on a NSX. :(

We stock the Venair Silicone Hoses for the NSX. I'd recommend doing the Venair kit, and pair the other hoses with OEM. I have all of the venair kits in stock, ready to ship - They are a 6 Big Hose kit from the radiator back.

Thanks everyone for all the help. Has anyone used the OBX hoses that were linked on Ebay. Also what is the best way to get ahold of Tim?

I wouldn't trust any obx Chinese parts on my NSX...

Samco Sport or Venair is the way to go.

all hose for all years are the same, only automatics have a few extra.

- - - Updated - - -

but SOS has the kit for all of them. I just say buy SOS and not worry that one will be coming from another warehouse, if you order from dealership

all hose for all years are the same, only automatics have a few extra.

- - - Updated - - -

but SOS has the kit for all of them. I just say buy SOS and not worry that one will be coming from another warehouse, if you order from dealership

you sure?

Tim has compplete kits and always has the best prices, free shipping and a hoot to deal with.
He has worked closely with Larry B for years and has put several packages together, (T/B W/P etc.)

Cheers
nigel

Back