• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

best polish for the spa yellow

what would you detail guys reccomend for getting the best look for spa yellow ???? the color already "POPS"..... i want to get the deep shine / wet look....

2nd question...there was a thread somewhere advertising for "??? brother" detail products.... i cant remember the name and have searched unsuccessfully to find the thread....

any help is appreciated....

thanks...dave

Yeah I love Zaino's and out of all the other colors I've put it on (including Rio Yellow) Spa looked the best. It would bug me b/c every day I'd come out and there would be finger smudges EVERYWHERE b/c the paint really looked THAT wet... It was unreal!

The Rio Yellow looks good, but the pearl in the paint breaks up the 'wetness' I guess...

I had my car detailed and then I had to get it washed. I live in the heart of San Francisco, so I can't wash it where I live. I took it to California Detailing and they washed it, plus they used a product they own called Tech Shine (tech-shine.com) while washing it.

Regardless of what you do, get this product for the future. I have no affiliation with California Detailing or Tech-Shine.

Griots Garage Best of Show is what I use on my black RL, dark blue Honda Pilot & silver NSX. The more coats you put on the deeper it looks. You mentioned that you cannot wash your car where you live, Griots now has a waterles car wash that is GREAT!! Check them out at griotsgarage.com

Best Polish or Best LSP (Last Step Product)??

I'm not a professional detailer, but I think you are getting your vocabulary confused. Please educate me if I am wrong.

Generally, the color of your car does not play an important role in the polish you choose. The polish you choose is more dependent on how hard or soft your clear coat is, the amount of cutting you need, the machine and pads you are using, etc.

For polishes, I like Meguiar M105 and M205. That combo is hard to beat right now, and works well on most of the cars I work on. But again it depends on pads, technique (search Kevin Brown Method), machine, etc.

For LSP, I like P21S. It gives great results and doesn't cost too much.

Ditto on Zaino. Incredible and durable finish, especially after applying multiple coats.

IMG_2014.jpg

I have read that Zaino gives a high gloss wet look and that carnuba wax gives a deeper richer less shinny look. Some show car owners perfer the deeper rich look and owners who drive thier cars perfer the more protective high gloss wet look.

I like Zaino best. I really like Zaino leather conditioner.

Can you have your cake and eat it too? DEEP / WET LOOK
I don't know.

I've owned two Spa Yellow's ....Zymol Concours seemed to give the best quality finish for me. I've tried them all........

I have read that Zaino gives a high gloss wet look and that carnuba wax gives a deeper richer less shinny look. Some show car owners perfer the deeper rich look and owners who drive thier cars perfer the more protective high gloss wet look.

I like Zaino best. I really like Zaino leather conditioner.

Can you have your cake and eat it too? DEEP / WET LOOK
I don't know.

I like Zaino for it's durability but you hit the nail on the head about the deeper shine of a carnauba wax. I still have my Zaino collection but have completely abandoned it for Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 and 5050 wax.

Getting the best results require that you clay first. Then use a sealant like Jetseal 109 and then your LSP (last step product) like CG 5050. There are a lot of expensive waxes out there, this one is not cheap but it performs as well as a lot of the uber expensive waxes and the durability is very good. Don't confuse it with your typical hard paste waxes, this stuff spreads on like melted butter and you hardly use any of it.

You can get all your detailing supplies at Chemicalguys.com as their products are all extremely good and very popular with the detailers. I'd recommend getting the citrus wash and gloss shampoo (one cap full does 4-5 gallons!), blue clay bar and lube, Jetseal 109 & 5050 combo.

Malibu, have you tried Petes carnuba? I have been using Jetseal for the last year or two and finishing with Petes in hopes of better protection against bird droppings. I was wondering if 5050 was better as far as protection.

Malibu, have you tried Petes carnuba? I have been using Jetseal for the last year or two and finishing with Petes in hopes of better protection against bird droppings. I was wondering if 5050 was better as far as protection.

Haven't used the Pete's yet. I'd call Paul and ask him which one he'd prefer for protection.

I like Zaino for it's durability but you hit the nail on the head about the deeper shine of a carnauba wax. I still have my Zaino collection but have completely abandoned it for Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 and 5050 wax.

Getting the best results require that you clay first. Then use a sealant like Jetseal 109 and then your LSP (last step product) like CG 5050. There are a lot of expensive waxes out there, this one is not cheap but it performs as well as a lot of the uber expensive waxes and the durability is very good. Don't confuse it with your typical hard paste waxes, this stuff spreads on like melted butter and you hardly use any of it.

You can get all your detailing supplies at Chemicalguys.com as their products are all extremely good and very popular with the detailers. I'd recommend getting the citrus wash and gloss shampoo (one cap full does 4-5 gallons!), blue clay bar and lube, Jetseal 109 & 5050 combo.

I'd recommend getting the citrus wash and gloss shampoo (one cap full does 4-5 gallons!), blue clay bar and lube, Jetseal 109 & 5050 combo.[/quote]

Hey Malibu,
Are you saying these three products is all I need to buy? to finish the job from start to the end? Or do I need anything as well? Let me know I am going to order them and try them out.

Good eyes. I just noticed that. Looks like the sash holder is also painted yellow. I actually like it.:smile:

I'd recommend getting the citrus wash and gloss shampoo (one cap full does 4-5 gallons!), blue clay bar and lube, Jetseal 109 & 5050 combo.

Hey Malibu,
Are you saying these three products is all I need to buy? to finish the job from start to the end? Or do I need anything as well? Let me know I am going to order them and try them out.[/quote]

Yes, that's your clay, wash, sealant, and wax. Unless you are planning on doing any paint correction, this should be all you need. Some people try to use miracle products that are supposed to hide the swirls but they are no substitute for paint correction. The only other thing I could recommend is a good quick detailer like the pink speedwipe. It comes in a gallon for just over 20 bucks, it ends up costing less than the stuff you buy at Walmart and works a lot better. It's good for keeping your car clean in between washes and after washes to get rid of the spots after washes.

I just ordered everything mentioned. Will post pic once I get around to actually using it all.

** NOTE FOR EVERYONE who orders from chemicalguys.com ***- it's not much, but if you enter "gold" in the coupon code, you get a 5% discount.

This is all you need. I run my car through one of these and it looks better than one that some dummy slaved over for hours with some silly overpriced wax and the associated towels, chamois, buckets etc.. etc.. etc...

This is all you need. I run my car through one of these and it looks better than one that some dummy slaved over for hours with some silly overpriced wax and the associated towels, chamois, buckets etc.. etc.. etc...

I have to agree, these do work really well.

Im using these products, and have great success on all my cars!

Polish:
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish
Menzerna Polish PO85RD

LSP/Wax:
Collinite 915

Tools:
Lake Country Dual Action CCS 5.5 Inch Foam Pad Kit
Meguiars Dual Action Polish Machine G220

You painted the doorhandles! :eek: That looks nice! Can we get some closeups?

Here are a few close-ups as you requested. I was lazy and took these with my car parked in my garage. Oh to have a 3 or 4 car garage...

IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

Back