• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Sub

Hi everyone,

Being that we all know how cramp the amount of space is available, for
our sub box. Does anyone have any suggestions on whats the best sub
thats made for small space enclosures? :confused:

Thanks

I dunno, my car is missing the sub. I need to get one desperately. I'm thinking the one sold at Science of Speed, that's what alot of people in here seem to talk about.

the sos sub is a decent selection. sounds pretty nice. It does take away some footwell space (wife's 5'4" and likes to complain about it when sitting in passenger side), but if you usually drive by yourself it won't make much of a difference. I do 95% solo driving, so it took me about 2 months to realize i'd lost a bit of space.

I'm sure most subs out there cause a loss of space. just the price of fame i guess. i will say the install was very clean, and visually you literally cannot tell the sub is there till you try to stretch out the toes a little bit. so cosmetically it's perfect..

Some other subs besided the Diamond that work well in sealed inclosures are the JL and Image Dynamics IDQ10.

Last edited:
Any of the currently available 10" sub boxes is going to intrude on passenger footspace and really make for an uncomfortable situation if you regularly have a passenger. If you take a look at this thread, I have documented the custom install of an 8" JL sub in a hand built fiberglass enclosure that frankly any competent custom installer can make for you. The cabin space of an NSX is relatively small and an 8" JL provides more than adequate bass for great sound. I listen to mostly very loud hard rock and metal and have been totally satisified with the sound quality.

I heard that Zetoolman was considering building an 8" enclosure similar to the one I had built. If he does, you should purchase it immediately because his sub boxes are beautifully constructed. Since a box for an 8" sub neatly fits under the stock carpeting, it is completely out of sight so it's not necessary to have it all dressed up like a prom queen in pretty paint or God forbid, Carbon Fiber.

Back