• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best year NA1

Sweet, me likes, how about a dyno sheet?

not sure if anyone noticed, but these Cayenne tips actually fit better (more flush) than the SUV that it was originally intended for.

The bottom is even streamline with the undercover. Less drag.

800px-Porsche_Cayenne_rear_20090121.jpg

5045d1247110959-just-installed-porsche-cayenne-tips-gto-img00113.jpg

Tips2.jpg

the last pic was with a muffler that I decided not to go with since it didn't have the exhaust note that I wanted - a more Euro V8 note like a ferrari V8.

When my engine is finished, I'll start posting HD videos of the NSX and GTO.

Last edited:
Well that is one advantage of having a positive displacement blower on a v8, but yeah I already feel his supra is useless for the streets of NYC. Our roads suck, cops are everywhere, and the roads are too narrow with way too much traffic. If i lived out in a more open area like a lot of the long island guys here, than they can do highway running with their 900whp supras all the time.

So they are only doing 129mph traps with all that power?

I know about the difference between 400 and 600rwhp Supras, but that is silly....

Its gonna be hard to mimick that flat plane crank shaft sound of a Ferrai as we had mentioned in that off topic thread. However I have heard a few LS7 or LS6 exhaust that sounds kind of higher pitched in the upper rpm range. But those engines do rev higher than your LS2.

edit: hahah no, my friends have low 500whp because they held back on the turbo sizing knowing that anything above that would be undrivable in our conditions. There is a pretty big long island following and those guys have 900whp and the record being held by this one guy with over 1000whp and does over 160mph in the 1/4, but that car is again undrivable in the streets since it has a powerglide automatic with a insanely high stall speed and the power doesn't come on till almost 6000rpm.

Last edited:
Its gonna be hard to mimick that flat plane crank shaft sound of a Ferrai as we had mentioned in that off topic thread. However I have heard a few LS7 or LS6 exhaust that sounds kind of higher pitched in the upper rpm range. But those engines do rev higher than your LS2.

The mimic comes from the X-pipe that merges the exhaust pulses from the opposing cylinder banks.

Ls7 will wind up to 7k RPMs (the highest for any push rods) and have been known to rev to 8k RPMs (like a NSX).

LS6 and my LS2 are both at 6500RPMs.

My built engine should be able to hit 7k RPMs if not more.

Well both of my friends with single turbo supras really can't put the power down in 1st or 2nd gear in the streets and he can do 129mph in the 1/4 mile. I'm afraid to drive those cars because it just doesn't feel safe because everytime he guns it, the car wants to go sideways even if hes in 3rd sometimes, and he has good tires, he Advan Neova's on 10 inch wide rims.

Your friends need to invest in better tires. Street tires will not hold big power. I was able to hook 650wheel in all gears with the right tire. There are guys that hook way more than that. I had BFG KD's which were the best street tire of the time but they would not hook at all. 500wheel cars should have no problem hooking unless it is 30 degrees out.

What other street tires are out there that would be better? I would put the Advan Neova's on the same level as the Azenis RT615's, Escta XS's, and Z1 Starspecs. Unless your talking about mickey tompson street radials, but than the sidewalls would be too mushy and you would corner like crap.

Haha thats funny. I have got alot of good information from this thread so i dont mind. Now im just look for a 91-94 to take me for a ride/let me drive (dont know how well the drive will work). I already have a ride lined up in a 2001 car, soon I should know what car I want. If interrested in giving me a ride pm me.:biggrin:

Heck, I'd let you drive mine, but it'll be Spring/early Summer before I make my way down to McDonough with the NSX.

Heck, I'd let you drive mine, but it'll be Spring/early Summer before I make my way down to McDonough with the NSX.

Wow thanks I dont know to many people that would let someone that they dont know dive there 30,000.00+ dollar car, even with them in it. I think prime is my new fav place.:biggrin: Really thats for all the help guys.

Back