• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best year NA1

Wait a minute are you using a hermit crab as an argument against targa cars? Come on... Really???:eek:

And you think Murci's are fast? I don't know anyone with a fast car that benchmarks against stock exotics. And I have been in a fast car or 2.

Who doesn't think a Murci SV is fast?

Who doesn't think a Murci SV is fast?

I guess it is all relative, and to you it might be fast, but that car would not come to mind when I think of a fast car. In fact, no stock car would aside from a Veyron. I think you are missing the point of the Murci or even the a NSX. Have you been in a Murci? It is not about the stats, it has presence and character. The NSX gives you a feeling when driving that goes beyond the quarter mile. FWIW, I really do not think the NSX is the right car for you.

I guess it is all relative, and to you it might be fast, but that car would not come to mind when I think of a fast car. In fact, no stock car would aside from a Veyron. I think you are missing the point of the Murci or even the a NSX. Have you been in a Murci? It is not about the stats, it has presence and character. The NSX gives you a feeling when driving that goes beyond the quarter mile. FWIW, I really do not think the NSX is the right car for you.

I have been in a Murci, not the SV.

C6 Z06 and many others have presence and character. that portion is merely subjective.

The lack of power that the NSX has is more objective.

If the economy wasn't so bad I would be outta the NSX at the price that I want, not some "lemme do you a favor and take it off your hands for $15k" ........

Wow, are you comparing the NSX to the Accord? Have you driven a NSX? I only wanted power stearing due to my parking situation. But ask any 91-94 guy, PS sucks. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind the PS...especially if it is variable rate!

Wow, are you comparing the NSX to the Accord? Have you driven a NSX? I only wanted power stearing due to my parking situation. But ask any 91-94 guy, PS sucks. :rolleyes:

To anwser your question no I have never driven an nsx ive riddin in 2, but that will change soon :biggrin:

Now that is a bit of a stretch, there are plenty of fast stock cars. To me any car that can do 120mph in the 1/4 and can do 190+ mph is freaking fast. Faster than we ever will need them to be to be honest with you. A enzo break 130mph in the 1/4, so can a ZR1, McLaren F1 etc etc, at that trap speed your doing 0-100mph in around 6-7 seconds. If that is not fast to you than your are insane, also a Murci SV has 670hp I believe and it is also an animal.

To anwser your question no I have never driven an nsx ive riddin in 2, but that will change soon :biggrin:

You really need to get behind the wheel. Picking a NSX by year change stats is not the way to go. You will find that they all drive amazingly. The car did not change all that much throughout the 14 year run. The biggest change to driving IMHO, is the 6-speed as the gearing the 5 is way too tall. I am sure others will disagree with me. Which makes for some fun back and forth posting. :wink:

Last edited:
Now that is a bit of a stretch, there are plenty of fast stock cars. To me any car that can do 120mph in the 1/4 and can do 190+ mph is freaking fast. Faster than we ever will need them to be to be honest with you. A enzo break 130mph in the 1/4, so can a ZR1, McLaren F1 etc etc, at that trap speed your doing 0-100mph in around 6-7 seconds. If that is not fast to you than your are insane, also a Murci SV has 670hp I believe and it is also an animal.

I guess I am a touch insane. I have built 2 sports cars from stock to over 130mph traps. Neither car was slow. However, I have been in some cars that would make mine feel like it threw out an anchor. Those cars IMO are truly animals as they would probably trap in the 150's.

Well for me 150mph in the 1/4 becomes strictly a drag car or top end highway or a texas mile car, a very very single purpose car. I feel that even 600hp in a RWD car would be a handful.

Well for me 150mph in the 1/4 becomes strictly a drag car or top end highway or a texas mile car, a very very single purpose car. I feel that even 600hp in a RWD car would be a handful.

My DD is a 600HP RWD car. Even in the rain - no TCS.

I met a guy with his LS7 FD with engine mods making 580RWHP at 2600lbs.

he ran a 10.8 at 148. Dam thing was like a raped ape.......

I not saying that you can't drive it. but you really can't full utilize that kind of power in your doing a canyon run etc etc.

edit: Oscar, Batman has a super charged GTO

I not saying that you can't drive it. but you really can't full utilize that kind of power in your doing a canyon run etc etc.

He has a super charged GTO

I know, actually I had a run with an AWESOME sounding black GtO some months ago, very fast, but not too much faster than my NSX ... I complimented the driver for such nice sounding machine :)

I just want to see his dyno, I think is hilarious "I DD a 1982056 WHP Car" .. sounds so funny! LOL

Oscar

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

PICS or BAN!

It's in the shop getting forged H-rods, pistons, etc. that will allow me to crank 1000HP with the support mods and motivation.

I'm aiming for 700HP on pump.

Right now I get 20mpg combined (with WOT "spirited sprints" worthy of a reckless driving citation that is done at least 20x/day). On the freeway I'm getting 28MPGs.

Even at 600HP my DD makes my NSX feel like a prelude.....

IDplate.jpg

hitch.JPG

maggie.jpg

jeep038.jpg

edit: Oscar, Batman has a super charged GTO

It's one of the most forgiving car to drive with that sorta HP.

the wheel base is long, it's heavy. U get this gradual warning of bad things starting to happen at the limit.

Rear-mid or rear engine cars and/or short wheel base cars - SUPRISE!!! snap krackle pop!!!

What's nice about all that flat power is that for canyon runs I don't have to shift all the time.

The GTO looks big and bulky, but it handles surprisingly well with the right shocks/struts and springs.

Just look at some of the cars that these 2 GTOs passed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt991EpMqpQ

I know, actually I had a run with an AWESOME sounding black GtO some months ago, very fast, but not too much faster than my NSX ... I complimented the driver for such nice sounding machine :)

I just want to see his dyno, I think is hilarious "I DD a 1982056 WHP Car" .. sounds so funny! LOL

Oscar

I'll have dyno when this engine is upgraded and tuned.

Gimme about a month or 2. I dun wanna rush things.....

Sweet, me likes, how about a dyno sheet?

the previous owner had it posted on LS2gto.com

514rwhp and 489rwTQ at 5psi on pump gas.

Add 17% for drivetrain loss and that's roughly 600HP to the fly.

It's very believable based on the short list of cars that became my bitches:

GTR
E55
CLS55
Every M-series BMW
All porsches except the CGT (which will kill me with the older HP, but not newer anticipated HP).
Gallardo
2009 CTS-V super charged

and a few more.

I wanted something that seats 4 with 2 doors, have ALOT of aftermarket support, sips gas during cruising, and gives me the most bang for the buck.

If you combine all of that, the GTO was the only option at the time.

I spent $24k (like the NSX) with 20k miles 7year/75k miles bumper to bumper GMPP extended warranty with $10k worth of 600HP upgrades.

Nothing can beat that deal.

Trust me, getting a good taste of all that flat power band is like a drug.

Sorta like the "once u go black, u don't go back" motto for women.......

These were far from drag cars as neither had ever been to the track. 9/10 times people are just cruising in their sports car and these cars are no exception. They can cruise with the best of them and then put a major smile on your face when you hit the gas. You would be surprise what you can hook if you have the right tires, and of course AWD is the ace in the hole.

These were far from drag cars as neither had ever been to the track. 9/10 times people are just cruising in their sports car and these cars are no exception. They can cruise with the best of them and then put a major smile on your face when you hit the gas. You would be surprise what you can hook if you have the right tires.....

Ah yes, I'm very familiar with this experience. :biggrin:

It's in the shop getting forged H-rods, pistons, etc. that will allow me to crank 1000HP with the support mods and motivation.

I'm aiming for 700HP on pump.

Right now I get 20mpg combined (with WOT "spirited sprints" worthy of a reckless driving citation that is done at least 20x/day). On the freeway I'm getting 28MPGs.

Even at 600HP my DD makes my NSX feel like a prelude.....

I am a fan all types of cars and it looks like you have a fun car there. I really wish you could put more tire under the GTO as the more power you make the more tire you will need. However, you should really stop saying you will have the motor for 1000hp as that is just silly. Stock Supras and Vipers have that rolling off the showroom floor. You will never get to 1000hp with the type of blower you have on the car. You would have to spend the purchase price of the car in parts to get it there with the Magnacharger, without NX. My only point is, we all know you are excited about your car. I like hearing about all sorts of cars. However, less bragging about it, as there is always someone with a much faster car. Around here you would get crushed using that car for highway pulls.

I am a fan all types of cars and it looks like you have a fun car there. I really wish you could put more tire under the GTO as the more power you make the more tire you will need. However, you should really stop saying you will have the motor for 1000hp as that is just silly. Stock Supras and Vipers have that rolling off the showroom floor. You will never get to 1000hp with the type of blower you have on the car. You would have to spend the purchase price of the car in parts to get it there with the Magnacharger, without NX. My only point is, we all know you are excited about your car. I like hearing about all sorts of cars. However, less bragging about it, as there is always someone with a much faster car. Around here you would get crushed using that car for highway pulls.

Building the engine to allow me to make 1000HP is not the same as going for 1000HP.

The purpose of the engine build is to great a larger margin of safety.

My Maggie 112 will probably hit a ceiling at 650-700HP at the crank (depending on the combination of parts and tune). But, if in the future, I find my self texting while going WOT and steering with my knee while chatting with the people in the back, then that might be the day that I'm too comfy with the HP and need an upgrade to TVS 4-lobe Maggie or STS twin Turbos.

Well both of my friends with single turbo supras really can't put the power down in 1st or 2nd gear in the streets and he can do 129mph in the 1/4 mile. I'm afraid to drive those cars because it just doesn't feel safe because everytime he guns it, the car wants to go sideways even if hes in 3rd sometimes, and he has good tires, he Advan Neova's on 10 inch wide rims.

Well both of my friends with single turbo supras really can't put the power down in 1st or 2nd gear in the streets and he can do 129mph in the 1/4 mile. I'm afraid to drive those cars because it just doesn't feel safe because everytime he guns it, the car wants to go sideways even if hes in 3rd sometimes, and he has good tires, he Advan Neova's on 10 inch wide rims.

I know the feeling.

The previous owner of my GTO was posting low 11's at mid 125~.

Even with stickier 275 RT-615 wide tires in the back of the GTO I still have to use my spidey senses in 3rd when it slips.

The GTO is more user friendly than a big single MKIV (which I considered) for DD implementation.

I don't have to wind up the RPMs and drop the clutch to get the launch.

I just roll start it at 5MPH and push the pedal halfway and the rear wheel becomes a blur.

Well that is one advantage of having a positive displacement blower on a v8, but yeah I already feel his supra is useless for the streets of NYC. Our roads suck, cops are everywhere, and the roads are too narrow with way too much traffic. If i lived out in a more open area like a lot of the long island guys here, than they can do highway running with their 900whp supras all the time.

Back