• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BOSE Speakers problem

I have speakers problem now. Sometimes the sound just comes very loud and noisy. I know it's the time that for the replacement. However, I'm wondering if there is any way to save $ to do this job. :confused:

PM the user "BrianK" here on NSXPrime. He may be able to help you at a reasonable cost. I am sure he will post a comment once he sees this thread.

HTH,
LarryB

There are several places listed in the FAQ (under Troubleshooting - Sound System) that can repair your speaker-amps.

World of Sound

I just got my speakers back today from WOS and they sound like new. I would highly, highly, recommend WOS for Bose amp/speaker repair. cost is about $85 each and add shipping figure about $100 per amp.
You can find all the info on World of sound in the FAQ / troubleshooting section here on the Prime

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/soundsystem.htm

Peter can fix them and send them back to you the same day he gets them!

This is the best avenue for Bose repair. 1 year warrenty.

Reprint below from WOS comments.

Regards,

Skyguy

World of Sound
Peter Cinicolo, World Of Sound, Orlando, FL - (561) 691-4434

[Anonymous] Bose used some really crappy components during the early to mid 90's. I had my Bose amp rebuilt by World Of Sound in Orlando. They are familiar with the problem (very common). The dealer wanted $650 for my speaker/amp assembly on my '91 Allante. I got all of them rebuilt by WOS for $80 each. They sound great! I just can't believe how common this problem is and Bose hasn't addressed it.

[DHA - 2000/6/8] Used World of Sound, 3579 Northlake Blvd, Lake Park FL 33403. Contact is Peter. He did repairs on both left & right and turned repair around in one day!!

The right was just starting to fail, and I was doing the Dali window "fix it thingies" over the winter. So, I had both doors apart and decided to get both Bose door speaker/amps taken care of ... as they will fail some time.

The total bill, including shipping was ~ $200.00. I shipped the speakers for Monday FedEx delivery. Peter called about noon on Monday and had them fixed. Per my request, he sent the speaker 2 day UPS for return shipment. They replaced the capacitors in both amp units and a driver (amp ... not speak cone) on the right side unit. Depending on how long you try to use the Bose system once the failure starts, you can experience more damage (voice coils and the like).

I definitely would use World of Sound again.

3P.GIF

Back