• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brand new 2005 Black/Black NSX at Marin Acura

Good catch Vytas and re-catch ImolaOrange03. Personally I think it's great that this dlr shows it, even though it may not be for sale.

I've kind of been working on a local Honda dealer .... if he wants to volunteer to put our NSX on his showroom floor for the upcoming winter it wouldn't hurt my feelings. With appropriate velvet ropes around it, of course :biggrin:

I've kind of been working on a local Honda dealer .... if he wants to volunteer to put our NSX on his showroom floor for the upcoming winter it wouldn't hurt my feelings. With appropriate velvet ropes around it, of course :biggrin:

Been thinking the same. What better place to hide the car for the winter than in plain sight.

Maybe because we like to drive the car we bought?

On a personal level, as long as the car is accident free, anything can be restored.

So if I put 200k miles on my car and intend to keep the car forever, I'll be happy to spend some money to restore it to new condition, and put on another 200k miles. I bet you the restoration fee will be much cheaper than $100k.

What is a $100k Honda going to for my wealth? Do you think this car will worth a $mil 50 years from now? I doubt it. Than again, I could be wrong, because a piece of cake will probably cost us $100 bucks in half a century.

You can restore the car but it'll never be NEW, no matter how much you spend on it.

Wealthy people do not even have to think about whether they drive the car or not. It's all about having one.

Last edited:
he probably wants it to draw traffic :)

It works for me except mine can be seen from the outside :biggrin:.

You wouldn't believe what my 93 brought in- a Lambo, Aston Martin, MB's, Jags, BMW's, Corvettes, Porsches including a 959 just to name a few + the local Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans etc :smile:

and on a few occasions our beloved NSX :biggrin:

Last edited:
I am astounded by how little prime members see the value of the NSX as a collectible.

Isn't that one of the ways something becomes a collectible? :) Fly under the radar for so long and then suddenly be worth something, just like how certain race cars of the 50's & 60's were often scrapped or frankensteined at the time only to dwindle in numbers and later be worth millions to nostalgic 5 year olds who are now rich 60 year olds.

But on the other hand since collectibility is also usually tied to some type of historical signicance and also general desirability, I wonder if the NSX's general lack of "zing" to the public at introduction and even now is why Prime members don't put much stock into it as a potential high-dollar collectible? I.e., who outside of a small fraternity of a couple thousand enthusiasts really longs for an NSX and could help increase its rarity and drive up the value? Ironically, the NSX's sleeper quality is one of the most attractive things about it to me and many others of course.

If this dealership were near me, I'd like to believe I'd make time to stop by. That's about the only way Acura would get me into their showrooms nowadays so maybe the owner knows exactly what he's doing. :)

Neal let me know when the show's on at Victory Honda in Plymouth!

Last edited:
I bet that thing will be worth double in 10 years.
The last model NSX with no miles in perfect condition.
$200,000 in 10 years. Mark my words.

I bet that thing will be worth double in 10 years.
The last model NSX with no miles in perfect condition.
$200,000 in 10 years. Mark my words.

I believe you will be right.

Marin Acura is where I buy my OEM parts (Bill gives a 25% NSXCA discount) it's only 15 minutes from my house. I look that car over every so often... but honestly I'd rather have my car -- it took me 20 years to get it the way I like it. :biggrin:

I was at Marin Acura yesterday to help a buddy purchase a new MDX and in the showroom I spotted a black 2002+ NSX. Thinking it was a used one for sale, I checked the interior and it was brand new. Looking at the odometer, it had a 152 miles on it! The window sticker was on the passenger side window revealing it was a still brand new, never titled, 2005 model. This may possibly be the newest 2005 remaining in the country. The car has a sign on the dashboard that it's not for sale. The owner of the dealer owns the car. Was told that a few offers of over $100K were turned down. Amazing find though. Window sticker with VIN included for reference.

marinnsx01.jpg

marinnsx02.jpg

marinnsx03.jpg

marinnsx04.jpg

marinnsx05.jpg
That's amazing! Thanks for sharing!

That guy has ice in his veins. Just looking at the pictures makes me want to drive it. I sort of understand his possible motivations for caging that magnificent car. But to see a car that's designed to run just sitting and collecting dust just isn't right. A car not driven is a statue. I mean it's like saying I won't put my boat in the water because it'll get wet. I doubt that 500 to 1,000 miles/year would hurt the value as much as sitting and rotting on a dealer floor under a layer of dust. Excuse my rant I've got to go drive my car now to calm down.

I doubt the owner is hurting for money, or cares about the appreciating value of the NSX. I'm guessing he just likes to have it untitled so he can keep it on his new car showroom floor. I'm grateful that he keeps it in public view so others can appreciate it, unlike private collectors who hoard their collections and never share with anyone.

So, there is value in holding onto some crispy, brand new licious NSXs so that future generations can not just know what it's like to drive an NSX, but what it's like to drive a *brand new* NSX straight off the lot.

If I had a pile of money I would walk in there with a suitcase... half a million in cash. As a lifelong NSX fan I cannot imagine a more salient experience than driving a dealer-new NSX off the lot with the plastic still on the seats. Incredible.

+1 I suspect there are more pristine NSX first, last production run cars and likely Zanardis and -Rs in collections out there that we don't even know about.

+1 I suspect there are more pristine NSX first, last production run cars and likely Zanardis and -Rs in collections out there that we don't even know about.

You're probably right.
I would imagine having a low mileage NSX-R in perfect condition would rival any investment out there.
The stock market would have nothing on it.

since its rotting away I would strip it and use all those new parts on a coupe chassis and have a real 2005 coupe.

and sell the chassis to a collector LOL

+1!!!

i doubt the owner is hurting for money, or cares about the appreciating value of the nsx. I'm guessing he just likes to have it untitled so he can keep it on his new car showroom floor. I'm grateful that he keeps it in public view so others can appreciate it, unlike private collectors who hoard their collections and never share with anyone.

You're probably right.
I would imagine having a low mileage NSX-R in perfect condition would rival any investment out there.
The stock market would have nothing on it.

I'm sure it's been posted somewhere here on Prime before, but Route Ks in Suzuka has a NA2 NSX-R with 500km (311 miles) on it.

I've seen this car in person before...it's beautiful.

I don't know NSX license plate frame options too well but I really hope the frame isn't leaving rub marks on the bumper or is screwed thru the bumper. And to the owner/dealership's credit, there's no "Marin Acura" sticker on the bumper!

The NSX has a front license plate frame from Honda that bolts in from the bottom, so no holes or marks on the bumper. Dealers in CA don't generally put dealership stickers or plates on the body of the car. Some I've seen even put holes in the bumper/body to affix the plate! I always wondered how dealers in other states got away with that.

The NSX has a front license plate frame from Honda that bolts in from the bottom, so no holes or marks on the bumper. Dealers in CA don't generally put dealership stickers or plates on the body of the car. Some I've seen even put holes in the bumper/body to affix the plate! I always wondered how dealers in other states got away with that.

My E63 AMG came from Beverly Hills Mercedes and they drilled it right into the front bumper. Four holes. :(

My E63 AMG came from Beverly Hills Mercedes and they drilled it right into the front bumper. Four holes. :(

I assume you weren't the original owner taking delivery from the dealer.

Thats a "get me a different new car without holes in the bumper" conversation.

I wonder if the owner of Marin Acura is claiming a tax write off for that NSX since he can claim it as part of his marketing budget for marketing Marin Acura. If he is able to, he'll get the best of both worlds...tax write offs for 10-15 years meanwhile getting the appreciation as well.

I doubt the owner is hurting for money, or cares about the appreciating value of the NSX. I'm guessing he just likes to have it untitled so he can keep it on his new car showroom floor. I'm grateful that he keeps it in public view so others can appreciate it, unlike private collectors who hoard their collections and never share with anyone.
+1

There a dozens of NSXs out there that are not driven (very often) or registrated but we don't know of them.

Back