• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Broken Vent Fins on passenger door...

So I was driving and my mother was sitting in the passenger seat trying to adjust the vent in the passenger door... I showed her how to tilt the vents and BLAM she put her finger right thru the upper vent.

Once we got home I looked at it and the housing that holds all the fins is broken right where it pivots. I was able to take it out since its broken, and might be able to fix it with some super glue but how do I put it back in?

The vent itself is shaped like a wedge. And its held in with these 2 tabs on the thinner side of the wedge so it can pivot witin the door. I'm unable to snap it back into place! :frown: Please help! Thanks

I had my door panel off not to far back and you can get most of the parts inside the panel still. I actually replaced a few myself.

Yup, just take off the door panel to gain access to the vents. It's not too hard.

ugh! You're kidding right? I was hoping to get around that. If I have to do that I might as well replace the vents with the trim... and it just snowballs from there.

So taking the door panel off, you have to remove the switch panel / trim pieces right? Anyone have a DIY that I can take a look at? Thx *sigh*

It's not really all that difficult. Look at pages 832 and 833 of the NSX service manual. Find it here.

HTH

what I am concerned about is this...

Once you remove the door panels, I'm afraid that they will be loose and rattle... And its hard to tell if you have all the clips secured....

I guess I'll end up refinishing the console trim while I'm at it then ....

what I am concerned about is this...

Once you remove the door panels, I'm afraid that they will be loose and rattle... And its hard to tell if you have all the clips secured....

Nah, it'll be as good as new. Just go slowly and make sure to remove the outer panel screws and tabs gently.

I've had both my door panels off many times within the last few months and they are coming off again this week.

Never once have I had a rattle or squeak from them after re-assembly. I think the hardest part is taking out the leather cover peice by the handle without damaging the leather.

Good luck!

This is an excellent opportunity to grease the window regulator and all moving parts. Check all bolts/nuts for tightness. When I removed mine I greased everything and it made a tremendous difference in window speed and smoothness.:wink:

Back