• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

C8 finally unveiled!!!

>They don’t see the genetics in the c8.

An American two-seater sports car derived with space-age materials (fiberglass in the day).

The flappy paddles with a dry clutch make me never want to manually shift again. (And I just converted my JDM NSX from an AT to an MT.)

I have not looked forward to a car since the FGT or NA NSX.

Butterfly doors would have been awesome, but maybe in the future? I am looking forward to RHD pricing.

GM did it right along with having done it better, faster and cheaper than all competitors.

Dirtbag, I can understand your view. Are you still upset that they don't put 8-tracks in cars anymore? :D

I had no qualms with the 8-track in my 1972 Lincoln Continental. You could instantly jump to any one of the songs without rewinding/fast forwarding! lol. In all reality, I barely listen to the radio in my sports cars, so that's not a factor.

But in all seriousness, I don't mind modernization. I prefer driving on the track without nannies though. I disable TCS & ABS when I track the NSX (the algorithm is garbage anyway). To me the importance is about skill, fun, and control more than lap times; human controlling the machine. Very soon AI 'driver' will be turning out quicker lap times than any human ever could, then what's the point of it all? May as well just be a passenger. Everyone has a threshold, and every generation it seems to advance. To me the red line in the sand is the transmission.

Another thing I really miss is manual choke, which I had in my 240Z & RX-7. The sequence to get a vintage carb'd sports cars to start; prime, set the choke, crank, feather the throttle until it stabilizes - and during winter carb heat to prevent icing. Same thing when flying for enjoyment, I prefer vintage aircraft. Sorry for getting a bit off topic.

Back