• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Caliper Pin Stuck? Any Ideas

Hello

I received an email (below) this afternoon and was wondering if this group could help this fine gentleman out. TIA! -DanO

------

I was reading your website "Changing Pads Front" and I thought everything was going smooth until I got to the right side. The bottom Caliper pin is stuck in the Caliper. I tried with a good amount of force to get it to turn, move in, move out, and got Nothing. I even tried brake cleaner and even liquid wrench. Do you have any other ideas? Or will I just have to buy a new caliper?

Thanks ahead of time.

The website is great, I am not even that big of a car guy, thanks for the information.

RJS Jr.

-----

Have you tried soaking it with the caliper frame off of the car, standing on its side so the penetrant can soak its way in? If you are doing it on the car, it is probabally all running off befoe it can soak in. I'm curious, did you have any severe wear problem at that corner?

MB

I had the same problem on another car. The pin was stuck on the caliper bracket. I put a flathead screw driver on the pin and hammered the screw driver with a mallet. It came out after few poundings.

-ak

Back