• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

can someone recommand some lambo doors?

I have been looking thur the old posts and don;t seem to be able to find the answer I want.

I want to get a a set and preferably a set that has been tried and tested by forum users who can give feed back on fitment, quality etc....

How much extra am I talking about for the motorised one as well.??

thanks

I have the Diablo Lambo Doors and must say absolutly the best you can get on the Market!
The only one Lambo Kit what has a 90° degree Radius!
Quality is absolutly awesome!

rbirling said:
No, I don't think anyone will recommend lambo doors. :tongue:

I don't know why.... but when I see mods like this done to a car that I own, it hurts me. I guess it shouldn't matter... to each their own... but I feel a bit of a travesty.

Look carefully at the Lamborghini say a Diablo. The door is smaller than the NSX and the hinge is much further forward to allow people to easily go out. If you want to have Lambo door on the NSX I would suggest that you fabricate a smaller door (reduce weight at the same time) and move the hinge further forward. Anyhow I wouldn't do a Lambo door on the NSX (expensive and may not last long) and the current one available does not allow easy access. No function mod = rice.

lamborghini_diablo_roadster.jpg

Last edited:
Can I recommend lasik eye surgery. :biggrin:
Cmon man, you have one beautiful car don't ruin it. Waste of money in my opinion. Save your money on maintenance or better yet supercharge your NSX instead.

koenigsegg_ccr_facility_front_doors.sized.jpg
I hope this isn't too off-topic, but has anyone considered getting the doors of, oh crap how is that swedish exotic car spelled, koenigsegg??? Those doors look sweet:biggrin: Very original. I wouldn't mind getting that for my NSX, if um....someone would do if for free.

NSXGMS said:
I have the scissor doors and I can't blame anyone for hating them. I must say that I get many compliments and 9/10 are sincere.

It's a far from perfect modification--proceed w/ caution.

See this thread for info: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34320

Which kit did you went with?
Who installed it for you?
How much did it cost you over all?
Any trouble since the installation?

Thanks

I see both of the doors open up about 45*, any that would open more?
Is 45* enough, it looks tight to get in and out off.

awsomr1 said:
I see both of the doors open up about 45*, any that would open more?
Is 45* enough, it looks tight to get in and out off.

It's more than 45* but not much more. Getting in & out is most definitely more difficult but not something that you can't live with.

Getting out is harder than in as most people put their feet in the NSX first anyways meaning you're already at the rear angle. Getting out one's tendency is to step forward, toward the front of the car, which you can no longer do.

The word sacrifice was never more appropriate :biggrin:

Shumdit said:
I say if you want Lambo doors...buy a Lambo:wink:

An interesting point of view. So, I suppose those NSX owners that want to purchase an exhaust that would sound more like a Ferrari, should stop wasting their time and just go out and buy a Ferrari?

Personally, I think an NSX with Lambo doors looks cool. I wouldn't pay to have it done on mine. It's too much money IMO that does nothing for performance; however, if someone was willing to do it to my car for free, I would go for it.

To each their own.

BladesNSX said:
An interesting point of view. So, I suppose those NSX owners that want to purchase an exhaust that would sound more like a Ferrari, should stop wasting their time and just go out and buy a Ferrari?

Personally, I think an NSX with Lambo doors looks cool. I wouldn't pay to have it done on mine. It's too much money IMO that does nothing for performance; however, if someone was willing to do it to my car for free, I would go for it.

To each their own.

I think if someone wants the NSX to truly sound exactly like a ferrari? Yes, you need to go and buy the F-car, or figure out how to drop the F car V8 in the engine bay of the NSX. That is really an apples to oranges comparision to the Lambo door thing anyways, as bolting the exhaust on to a car that turns out to not deliver on the promise is an easy correction. The mods generally required to do the Lambo door conversion are more involved and not easily reversed from the little info I have on them (I watched them do a conversion on a Dodge Magnum on "Unique Whips":rolleyes: ).

I like this door, specially the one done to the blue one

Re: can someone recommend some lambo doors?

I like the look, I just do not think it is very functional and long term it will likely get worse as the hinges and struts wear.

Re: can someone recommend some lambo doors?

Shumdit said:
I like the look, I just do not think it is very functional and long term it will likely get worse as the hinges and struts wear.

Absolutely. That's why I chose a custom kit that includes a lifetime warranty including free replacement shocks for life.

And the shop I used is somewhat local in case anything goes wrong. It's fully reversible and takes about a day to reverse.

IMO anything less would be trouble. That's why this mod is probably not the way to go for everyone and could end up becoming a huge PIA and not worth it. I am in no way saying that it's a foolproof, worthwhile mod b/c for the vast majority of NSX owners it's not.

But it worked for me and everyone I meet genuinely loves the look. But I have to live with it and so far so good. But be very careful in the decision making process.:wink:

Shumdit said:
I think if someone wants the NSX to truly sound exactly like a ferrari? Yes, you need to go and buy the F-car, or figure out how to drop the F car V8 in the engine bay of the NSX. That is really an apples to oranges comparision to the Lambo door thing anyways, as bolting the exhaust on to a car that turns out to not deliver on the promise is an easy correction. The mods generally required to do the Lambo door conversion are more involved and not easily reversed from the little info I have on them (I watched them do a conversion on a Dodge Magnum on "Unique Whips":rolleyes: ).

Really? If they are a mission to reverse then I suppose that would be an issue for me; however, lets say someone is selling an otherwise prestine '05 NSX that happens to be in the exact color your looking for, with low miles, and no mods, OTHER....than a Lambo Door Kit. Would you shy away from the car at that point? I don't think I would. I would even consider it a plus.

Still, like I posted above, I wanted the Swedish exotic door kit.

Did anyone notice the yellow car above... The doors actually pass into the front fenders. Seems like it would make for an odd hole when the doors are closed.

Back