• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Can't find in Wiki. JDM vs. USDM differences?

I can't for the life of me find anything on the subject of differences between the JDM spec Honda NSX and the USDM Acura NSX.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Anyone know any differences off the top of their head ( besides the usual RHD vs. LHD stuff )? Weight? Options?

Thanks.

thanks

So the early 91-94 cars had no real changes from JDM to USDM to the European markets other than potential fog lights?

thanks

So the early 91-94 cars had no real changes from JDM to USDM to the European markets other than potential fog lights?

LHD and RHD:biggrin:

European cars had head light sprayer.

Other than that, on the Type R is JDM only model.

Funny, that section doesn't say anything about the gear ratios. The JDM cars had the "short gears" with shorter ratios for gears 2 through 4 than the USIM and EIM cars.

Don't forget about the tail lights...and of course the H versus A badging.

Oh and Japanese cars get cooler radios.

Oh yeah, speed limited to 112mph with only 180kph speedo. Slightly different ECU setting for higher gas octane. HP rating is lower to 280ps.

Why the taller gears for the US market?

Because we suck. :)

Something about people driving more on highways here...and it's cooler to have a higher top speed. (Selling point perhaps?) I'm sure someone has the answer.

Maybe a slower acceleration rate is optimal for our large American butts. Less stress on the frame due to obesity from less force. :biggrin:

I think our cars were given the stock (non-short) gears to help their EPA (mileage) rating. I don't care; the stock gears are better than the short gears on the racetrack (albeit not the "stoplight grand prix").

I think our cars were given the stock (non-short) gears to help their EPA (mileage) rating. I don't care; the stock gears are better than the short gears on the racetrack (albeit not the "stoplight grand prix").

I was thinking it might have to do with racetracks in the US vs. Japan.

Hi! New to the forum, and i found this old thread.
I'm curious about this question also, i've had 2 NSX's in the past. both NA1 Euro Honda's. I REALLY loved them! one i totalled, and one i sold for financing a family-car. (pic's in my gallery)
Now i'm in the market for my next NSX, and since the US-market seems to have more NSX's then here in europe (at least for sale), i'm thinking of buying a US Acura.
So, the question is, are there any big differences between US, JDM and Euro NSX apart from the obvious Acura badges, instruments, foglights side-markers and taillights?
if there are any big technical differences between the Euro and US models i will probably not go for the Acura, but try to find a Honda since i am so god damn in love with my last two Honda's.
PLEASE feel free to share your opinions! :)

Back