• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

car won't start after detail

i went to get my car detailed at danny's car wash. they did a good job, including cleaning the heck out of the area under the hood (whatever that's called). when i got in my car wouldn't start. i thought they must have left the radio or lights on so i didn't think anything of it. it started fine once they hooked a charger up to it. i stopped at a restaurant and got something to eat. after i got out it wouldn't start again! my friend was able to jump me, but it took several attempts, and when it finally started the check engine light came on and it went into limp mode. as soon as i got home i turned the car off and tried starting it again. nope! what the heck is going on??!! i wiped the battery connectors off as good as i could. i opened the fuse box and it's all dry in there. does anyone know what's going on? if i can't figure this out i'm going to kill everyone at danny's car wash. their lives depend on your help!

Thanks!
Dan

On Friday I picked up my car from having a clear bra put on, the car was dead when I went to back it out of the shop, they had one of those jump boxes, fired right up. Well later that night, it died out on me again in my garage. I ended up replacing the battery and now it all works like a champ.

My battery was the stock 02 battery. Maybe your batter was old, too.

Yeah, sometimes draining an old battery will push it over the edge. Try putting in a new one or charge it up as best as you can with a charger and take it down to get the elec system checked out. The CEL may have come on because of something related to low voltage or something.

check the battery.....

a few months ago, the battery in my civic (not even one year old optima yellow top) died when i pulled up to the mailboxes at my apt complex after driving back from work, shut the car off (cause the key was on the same ring as the car key), then tried to start it.

i brought the battery to autozone and had it checked to make sure that was the problem. it was - and i got my money back for the battery, said f optima, and bought a die hard with a better warranty for half the price.

for the amount optima charges for their crappy batteries, they should implement a little thing called quality control. i think they got a good name because they decided to make the battery a different shape..... other than that you can't and would never be able to tell the difference between it and a "crappy" battery - cept the optima will leave you stranded. pos.

sorry for the rant.:mad:

Back