• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Projects

Thanks man. Keep me updated with your items too! The panel is turning out good. If all else fails I can always just trim and cut the brackets off and just be back to an original panel, or if someone wants I can cut the brackets off the panel, trash the panel, and sell the brackets. I don't know.

I was trying to keep in mind that I'll be 02 soon and that downforce bracket sits somewhere I don't know. I think it sits actually where I cut the groove on top of that metal bracket so it should clear fine. The sides are flush with that bar that runs down and I think for the 02 headlights that needs to be trimmed? But I'll deal with that later. I mean if you're cutting pieces of your chassis to fit 02 headlights, you can trim down a little carbon too.

Hi,

looks good..... just a suggestion: Keep the radiator support holes large as in OEM Brackets
so you can use the OEM rubber grommet... if you use just as you have in this mock-up part,
then vibrations can make some rattle, because the radiator pins and the CF bracket holes are
both rigid :wink:

Nuno

You know I'm in for any carbon parts you make.:wink: When I get my car back I will be looking at it closely for more parts you can make in carbon for me.:biggrin: Also I will finally take some more pics of all the parts you have already done for me.

I was hoping someone would do a carbon version. Integrated brackets would be great. Not too much a fan of the design of the brackets.

Stephen, how do you think the door arm rests would look wrapped?

The cards that people usually wrap in alcantara that are attached by those bent alumium tabs in the back or the other piece that's wrapped in leather that sit with that 90 degree angle where your elbow sits usually? I truthfully don't think either would be good. But who knows, I've never seen

Uncomfortable.

and Sduffass, you're welcome for all our hard work.

I don't know how to take this statement. I think it's sarcastic mostly but I'll keep things semi professional and just say this. You "guys" design parts sure but where do you get your inspiration from? Probably looking at other pictures and screwing around with testing. Although I admire the fact that you may design parts, I also think most the time others do copy other products. Your radiator panel is nothing more than a copy of this that's discontinued

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/RNR/radiator_panel/
The one portion is extended to give a larger over hang and the front has a larger over hang as well that's slightly curved. The radiator hose hump is taken out as well. I'm going to guess that's because you wanted to offer a piece of metal for roughly 100 and not 200 because you can't get those curves simply by "bending", but you'd need to weld or shape in some form which adds costs.

So in essence you took a design and rolled with it. I took a design, and rolled with it. So you can thank RNR, ARC and a few others "hard" work too :biggrin:

I was hoping someone would do a carbon version. Integrated brackets would be great. Not too much a fan of the design of the brackets.

That's cool man. I'm no designer. If you have another design or handy with photo shop I'd look into it or if someone wants to mock one up with a pencil, scan it, post it or just microsoft paint it, haha. The thing with carbon is even if I pull a few parts, and something looks better I can trim down and reclear. I do everything in house, I do everything myself so it's not an issue.

I was having trouble with trying to integrate the panel though because on our cars have a few issues. Maybe separate items just look better. Only time will tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Les, David. You two are like carbon fiends. I got a simple carbon coffee table I'll be making for my house when I get spare time. Very simple, yet pretty cool.

You know I'm down for a set of the cf duct and the coil cover .

There is quite a few ways to address this. It's interesting to see how each person approaches it.
From my experience, you may find that the built in brackets may cause fitment issues from car to car. Obviously, you can allow for some "slop" in the mounting points to address most of that.
When I was developing a tool for the radiator garnish a few years back, I had 4 different NSX's to test fit and it was surprising the fitment differences between them. Just something to consider.
The combination of core support filler and headlight bracket all in one is a cleaner look, for sure.

There is quite a few ways to address this. It's interesting to see how each person approaches it.
From my experience, you may find that the built in brackets may cause fitment issues from car to car. Obviously, you can allow for some "slop" in the mounting points to address most of that.
When I was developing a tool for the radiator garnish a few years back, I had 4 different NSX's to test fit and it was surprising the fitment differences between them. Just something to consider.
The combination of core support filler and headlight bracket all in one is a cleaner look, for sure.

By looking at pictures of different fronts I know there's some slight variations. Mainly some cars have rivets I think. I also think some rubber grommets in certain places may address small issues. In the clear coated piece you'll see I did address a semi tricky angle so when I pull my piece it'll conform to the side places fine. The mounting hole along the side will sit flush, and the hole that's a flatter surface will maybe take a rubber washer underneath.

I still need to source the grommets. I think I found one that will work for the radiator supports but I need to get my first one out to drill test fit and all that jazz again.

By looking at pictures of different fronts I know there's some slight variations. Mainly some cars have rivets I think. I also think some rubber grommets in certain places may address small issues. In the clear coated piece you'll see I did address a semi tricky angle so when I pull my piece it'll conform to the side places fine. The mounting hole along the side will sit flush, and the hole that's a flatter surface will maybe take a rubber washer underneath.

I still need to source the grommets. I think I found one that will work for the radiator supports but I need to get my first one out to drill test fit and all that jazz again.

I was referring more the variances of the brackets to the core support. The factory brackets have a little movement to adjust the angle/relationship to the core support. Your design is different in it's way it references to the contour of the core support so I don't think you will have any issues. Nice work.

"Les, David. You two are like carbon fiends. I got a simple carbon coffee table I'll be making for my house when I get spare time. Very simple, yet pretty cool."

Yes I have my share of carbon interior. I'm one of fortunate few to have the DF carbon headliner. :smile:

Just an update. Everything is in progress. Been busy with regular work but will probably be posting some solid pictures and final test fitting next week.

Also per request some members and for fun I may cut one up to seperate the brackets and panel encase someone doesn't want to spend xxxx on my part but wants carbon items vs metal.

Carbon door panels!

- - - Updated - - -

Interior!

Haha maybe someday when I get extremely bored. I have a few other things in mind though but have thought about panels before.

Also both my moulds are done. I'm going to start parts tonight to finalize test fitting on my car. Should pop out of the mould tomorrow night, and test fit when I get time.

Stay tuned for an official group buy if things turn out well.

Uncomfortable.

and Sduffass, you're welcome for all our hard work.

lol... could be worse... he could have went onto the 'parts wanted' section and bluntly asked to copy another companys hard work... a part thats a lil more difficult than covering a 1/2" gap in between a radiator and a support

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...Aero-Mirrors?p=1651918&viewfull=1#post1651918

- - - Updated - - -

. I'm no designer.

I hope your parents arent on prime :)

lol... could be worse... he could have went onto the 'parts wanted' section and bluntly asked to copy another companys hard work... a part thats a lil more difficult than covering a 1/2" gap in between a radiator and a support

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...Aero-Mirrors?p=1651918&viewfull=1#post1651918

- - - Updated - - -

Hahahaha......The proverbial people in glass houses should never throw stones comes to mind here.
+1,LOL:biggrin:

Back