• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Projects

I sincerely hope this thread does'nt get derailed like threads have in the past.

It probably will, no big deal though. I derail people's threads all the time.

Just a slight update on this. The Rad panel still needs trimming and holes drilled and test fitting and finally need to be cleared, but that's last. Parts were washed with water before picture was taking to take some of my mould release agents off. Looks pretty good I think.

Last edited:
Winner

More great looking parts. What's next?

Thanks everyone.

Les, well finishing up my last batches of over lays is first, then I plan to hopefully do a groupbuy of some items with a limit.

After those things are filled I'm still working on a center console that's a blank piece with only the climate control so you can cut anything you want and also I'll be doing injector covers as well I think.

I have your door sills as well that I need to repair and will probably make 5-10 of them as well.

After that I'll probably just keep filling small orders and concentrate on my car since its been under construction for awhile....

Good job! Can't wait for the group buy!

The throttle body cover is held loosely by a dress up bolt that's not long enough. I'll probably include one so that you don't have to install the old oem one. BTW nobody ever told me how to flip pictures... I still try to edit them on prime but it still doesn't work...

The radiator panel actually came out really really good. Fitment is spot on. The only thing I have to worry about is how well I drill the holes, and how well I can align everything. The bolts that the radiator supports usually attach to will most likely also have grommets to keep the carbon nice when torquing down.

But even the radiator support integration I think turned out well. I myself thought of the shape to be a little odd like someone else commented before on my original plug but now that it's in carbon I think it looks a lot better. And when it's installed it kind of looks better than not being installed.

Last edited:
Your car is so shiny, group buy on the finish... J/k. Panel is coming along.

It takes years to acquire the the paint job you see. It's pearl dust. Probably from plywood or mdf board that was being cut a while back!

Thanks for the good comments so far. Group buy in a week or so. Have to figure out pricing and do want to still test fit on other cars as well besides my 91.

Thanks man.

Just an update. Was planning on meeting some locals for testing but the weather isn't going to be so good tomorrow. I've started making a few and will just try to build up inventory before posting them for sale. I just want to make sure everything fits before I claim it does.

If it doesn't then I'll just have to separate them as a rad panel and then carbon supports individually for those who don't have a 91. But I don't think there will be an issue.

I only have one day off a week now from work so things have been slow. I still need to do final test fitting on different year cars since I was going to meet up with 3 people this past weekend but weather didn't work out to well.

These parts still need for the holes to be drilled, test fitted, and then finally clear coated.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the compliments everyone.

Everything will be offered for sale that I post up here eventually. The throttle body covers will be first since they're pretty much done.

I think next I'll be doing my injector covers in carbon fiber and a center console still is in the works but I haven't touched that project for a bit now.

Back