• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago-area GTG: late October

Hey guys - sounds good to me. I haven't been on NSX Prime much these days, but glad that I checked in for this upcoming event. Put me down for one to the brunch, Manuel, and the drive to Volo also.

Ryan - Sorry to hear about your mishap in turn 1 during the last session at RA. I ended up hitting the road about 3:30 that day and was fast asleep at 9:30 that night. Seems I can't even keep up with the 30-something crowd Saturday night at Siebkens anymore :(

See you all there on the 19th. The food was very good at the Newport Grill last fall!

I guess everyone is dying to hear from me . . .

I saw the car on Saturday. Body up on the lift, engine/transmission/axle on the ground. It was difficult to look at.

The engine work is going to run about $2300, for 8 new valves, retainers, guides, etc. That is with a significant discount.

While the engine is out, I am having them address a transmission problem (worn hub selector for 3-4 we think) that is probably going to run $1300-2000 additional.

Its only money. :(

I hope to have the car back on Saturday, and to bring it on Sunday. If not, I'll probably bring the BMW or I may decide not to go.

I don't know about my local NSX guys yet.

As for where, we can work that out.

The best route to take is a little different than 41 to 894 to 43. If you get off of 41 on highway 167 (shortly after it merges with 45), go west about 1-2 miles to highway 164, that will get you to 43 quicker. It is also a nice little country road excursion.

We can pick a landmark on either route. If you come 41, I suggest the REI parking lot that is on Capitol Drive/Hwy 19 about a half mile west of 41. If you come 164, you can stop by my place or somewhere close by.

We can meet around 8:45, as it won't take that long to get there from here.

I probably won't know my plans until Saturday night, so stay tuned . . .

brahtw8 said:
Sounds like a plan. I will try to get the milwaukee-area NSXers there as well, perhaps two or three additional. I'll post as soon as I know if anyone else is coming, or I'll have them reply to this thread.

My only worry is not having the NSX out of the shop by then. I am embarassed to admit that I pulled a non-catastrophic money shift during the last session on Sunday. I partially engaged 2nd at 110 mph coming into turn 1. I caught it right away and engaged the clutch such that the gear was never fully engaged, but the engine saw approx. 10,500 RPM for about 1/3 of a second. The engine did not explode, and I drove it home (I know!). A rough idle has John Vasos and I suspecting a few slightly bent valves, and I await the result of a cylinder leakdown test today.

Even if I need new valves, to the tune of $1500-2000, I should be able to make it. Just don't expect me to pick up the check. ;)

Volo is apparently not that far away, so it may not be a bad idea. I'm fairly flexible.

I was having my A/C fixed and saw your Silver NSX at Brookfield Acura today. They said there was quite a few bent valves. Sorry to hear that. I live in Chicago and drive my NSX to Brookfield for repairs because these guys have previously done great work.

John

come on out -- NSXs not required

brahtw8 said:
I hope to have the car back on Saturday, and to bring it on Sunday. If not, I'll probably bring the BMW or I may decide not to go.
Bring your "other" car, and come on out anyway -- I've heard that some folks may already have their cars put away.

Sorry to hear about the damage -- John and his crew will take care of you, and its the offseason anyway, so its good timing.

See you on Sunday.

new NSX ??

Bell turbo B18C1 said:
I am flying to look at a 91 black tonight!!! Hopefully I will have it for the brunch! Either way I will see you there.
new sig -- "91 black/black"
CONGRATULATIONS Tom !!

Hopefully we'll see you and your car this Sunday. We're now up to almost 20 people.

I made it from Atl to northbrook, IL in 10 hours on the nose. one stop in Bowling green KY for gas.

Just a target for you!!:D

Re: 23+ folks and counting...

cojones said:
I'd suggest we meet up at the parking lot at Grand Geneva (in Lake Geneva WI).

So far we have at least 23 folks confirmed (as of 10/16/03)

- Steven S - 2
- Aaron (AaronR) - 1
- Rick (YellowNSX) - 2
- John (jdalto) - 2
- Ryan (brahtw8) - 1
- Tom B (Bell Turbo B18C1) - 1
- GinaK - 2
- Steve J (SJJ28) - 1
- Phil B (not on Prime) - 1
- Scott C (not on Prime) - 2
- Dave B (RockfordNSX) - 1
- Darrin (ASenna88) - 4
- Manuel (nsx1164) - 3

GENERAL PLAN -- Sunday morning, 10/19

10:15-ish -- meet at Grand Geneva parking lot
- back lot near check-in will have about 20 spaces coned-off for us

10:30 -- brunch seating - Grand Geneva Resort
- Sunday Champage Brunch at Newport Grill -- reservation is under "NSX Club"

12:30-ish -- leave for VOLO

1:15-1:30 -- arrive VOLO -- parking to be arranged
- parking at grass "collector car" area

Last edited:
I still don't know if my NSX will be there, but I will be there.

I got ahold of some my local NSXers and I have two more NSXes, and 2-4 people that will be coming. (2 if they don't bring their wives).

I'll keep you guys posted on the #s.

Steve/Tom/Kevin-any thoughts on my last post as to where we should meet in the Milwaukee area on the way down to the Grand Geneva?

It should take about an hour (at normal speed) to get there from where I am at, and you should be able to get to my general area in about an hour and a half, less if you make it a spirited drive.

I'm actually in for 3 people. Myself and my GF in the NSX and my friend Tim in a 350Z.
Aaron

brahtw8 said:
I still don't know if my NSX will be there, but I will be there.

I got ahold of some my local NSXers and I have two more NSXes, and 2-4 people that will be coming. (2 if they don't bring their wives).

I'll keep you guys posted on the #s.

Steve/Tom/Kevin-any thoughts on my last post as to where we should meet in the Milwaukee area on the way down to the Grand Geneva?

It should take about an hour (at normal speed) to get there from where I am at, and you should be able to get to my general area in about an hour and a half, less if you make it a spirited drive.

Ryan just let us know where to meet we will be in Milwaukee around 8.30am give or take... and will take the route you gave us. Just let us know where to meet my cell is 920-850-9214 in case you need it. I just talked to Tom he is 7 hours away from home in his new NSX everything went as planned.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Steven Spanbauer said:
Ryan just let us know where to meet we will be in Milwaukee around 8.30am give or take... and will take the route you gave us. Just let us know where to meet my cell is 920-850-9214 in case you need it. I just talked to Tom he is 7 hours away from home in his new NSX everything went as planned.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

167 will hit 190, Capitol Drive, in Pewaukee. At that point the road becomes Highway J, and 164 follows 190 to the East.

Go straight on Highway J for approx. 2 miles to I-94. Right before you get to I-94, there is a Mobil gas station on the right. We can meet there. I'll give you a call at 8:15 am.

I am not sure if the other locals are going to drive down with us or meet us there.

I just hope I have my car back in time. It would suck if they couldn't get it done until Monday.

Last edited:
I definately will not be there unfortunately. We are going to the drag races down in Iowa. I will be in Chicago for sure next weekend though... helping my brother move into his new townhouse. So if you see a white and black NSX(speeding like mad) that you have never seen before... that would be me. Hopefully I will make the next event though. Mo - Elite.

Directions to BRUNCH

Directions to BRUNCH

Directions here... http://www.grandgeneva.com/directions/directions.html

From Chicago and vicinity
Take I-94 north to Highway 50 Kenosha/Lake Geneva west. Proceed west approximately 23.7 miles, the resort is on your right.

From Madison
Take I-90 south to Beloit and Janesville...then take Delavan exit Highway 11 just south of Janesville. In Delavan, change to Highway 50 and proceed through Lake Geneva heading east, the resort is on your left.

From Milwaukee
Take 894 and I-43 south and exit at Highway 12/Lake Geneva exit. Follow Highway 12 until Highway 50 East/Lake Geneva exit (second exit for Highway 50). Take off ramp and continue East, going under the overpass. The resort is on your left.

I made it home with my NSX from ATL. If it wasn't for the kick ass aftermarket Alpine MP3 and all new speakers including a sub, I would have fell asleep 100 times!! I cranked tunes all the way.

I will be bringing my wife also so it will be 2 for me.

Now I need to do some major detailing. The guy I bought it from had it outside for the last couple months and never really kept it spotless inside either :confused:

Bell turbo B18C1 said:
I made it home with my NSX from ATL. If it wasn't for the kick ass aftermarket Alpine MP3 and all new speakers including a sub, I would have fell asleep 100 times!! I cranked tunes all the way.

I will be bringing my wife also so it will be 2 for me.

Now I need to do some major detailing. The guy I bought it from had it outside for the last couple months and never really kept it spotless inside either :confused:

Glad you made it. I just found out that my car will NOT be ready on time. They are short-staffed today and it won't be done until Monday, barring some unexpected miracle.

Needless to say, I am disappointed.

I'm going to try to make it, so put me down as one for brunch.

This way, I can show off all the cool stuff I came home with from NSXPO 2003, and tell you about all the great things you guys missed.

nsxtasy said:

This way, I can show off all the cool stuff I came home with from NSXPO 2003, and tell you about all the great things you guys missed.

I figured you would be hard pressed to stay away from this one.

Can you tell me anything in advance about the SOS Individual Throttle Body System? I believe it was installed on an NSX (Chris' white car?) at NSXPO.

nsxtasy said:

Ken,
NSXPO Tees would make you a hero any extras with you?:D
See you Sunday weather looks great.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

brahtw8 said:
Can you tell me anything in advance about the SOS Individual Throttle Body System? I believe it was installed on an NSX (Chris' white car?) at NSXPO.
No, sorry. You'll have to ask Chris. (I hardly got a chance to chat very much with most folks, let alone check out the cars. That's the downside of doing a lot of the work for the event, oh well.)

Great turnout

Pretty good turnout -- counted at least 11 NSXs:
- 4 red
- 1 green
- 4 black
- 1 yellow
- 1 silver

At least 3 NSX owners (1 red, 2 silver) did not bring their cars.

fac7ee91.jpg

fac7ee9e.jpg

More pix in "Picture Gallery" Section -- http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24492

Thanks to all for coming out !!

################

Watch this forum for other exciting events, including:
- another dinner in the Fall
- our first "annual dinner" in January

Last edited:
Back