• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chin spoliers

Correct me if I'm wrong are all the front bumpers the same on the NSX on the NA1????

I'm looking at a chin spoiler and the guy says make sure it will work on your car, as this was on a earlier NSX.

Any info??

Re: Chin spoliers????

2 different spoilers for 91-01.

believed they changed the style in 97, which imo looks a lot better.

they both fit 91-01 without a problem just different design.

this is the newer style

6429nsx_photo_2.jpg

and this is the old one, see the size difference, the older one is more rounded off also.

IMG_2960.jpg

Last edited:

you want the older one then

i was looking threw acuraoemparts.com and they only offer one which I presume is the newer style

pm ALLNSXPARTS, they have them on there web site 91-96 and 97-01, so they recognize it being different, but they are the same price.

Last edited:

I agree with everything MPKR said. The 97 is different and looks better.

But why not join the CF baller club and get a CF one that you have to replace every couple of months......:wink:

Thanks for the info.

My 96 has the newer style front bumper.

As long as the spoiler will work for either I should be fine.

If I get this one I should have my one on the car for sale soon, it suppose to be new... pardon my ignorance I've owed this car 2 weeks and have been home to drive it like 4 day out of that two weeks.

you bought chonglee's car.

you have the original front bumper that came on all 91-01 NSX'

Last edited:
Last edited:

there's a old hondatuning magazine that has pretty much everything you need to know about a nsx in it. Maybe someone knows the issue. I recommend you purchase it.

you bought chonglee's car.

you have the original front bumper that came on all 91-01 NSX'

yep then the front bumper must have been replaced, becasue the bumper sides are the newer style per the pictures above

Attachments

• clnsx13.jpg
    clnsx13.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 71

yep then the front bumper must have been replaced, becasue the bumper sides are the newer style per the pictures above

??

Here is my '94 with the original bumper and the bumper sides are same as yours...

3865992849_55a215139f.jpg

The newer style bumpers are quite different...

2003-acura-nsx-frontside_xracnsx031.jpg

Last edited:

??

Here is my '94 with the original bumper and the bumper sides are same as yours...

3865992849_55a215139f.jpg

The newer style bumpers are quite different...

Mine is a 96 but I dont know if that makes a difference.. as long as this chin spoiler works then I'm fine if not it will be fore sale here in a couple weeks.

So which one has a lower profile? i need a new one and want something that's very slim...thx

the one off the 91 is the slim one, but I don't know if they are still available

Yeah, they stopped making them a few years ago. When I first bought my '91 back in 2005, they were rare if not impossible to find.

I can only imagine you'd have an even tougher time finding one now. Acura basically said the newer version (bigger) was fine for all years awhile ago.

Yeah, they stopped making them a few years ago. When I first bought my '91 back in 2005, they were rare if not impossible to find.

I can only imagine you'd have an even tougher time finding one now. Acura basically said the newer version (bigger) was fine for all years awhile ago.

Yes, the point is moot. IIRC the early model chin spoiler is no longer available.

Now, where can I get an NA1 rear wing? :wink:

You do realize that an automatic 2002 is considered an NA1 right? NA only refers to engine size.

Yes, I do realize that all automatics are NA1 no matter the year, as NA1/NA2 is a VIN engine designation.

Sometimes, though, you get caught up in the moment and type NA1/NA2 rather than "NSX Revision 1 (91-94), NSX Revision 2 (NSX-T 95-96), NSX Revision 3 (NA1/NA2 97-01) and NSX Revision 4 (Body 02-05)". Especially when you are speaking of something that changed as little as front bumpers/front spoilers.

Actually, what I had intended to type up there was "Two different parts for the NA1/NA2 same body" but my brain got ahead of my fingers as I was already thinking about linking the quote request thread.

/rjp

I had the same question about a year or so ago. I have a 97, it had the fat front spoiler, and scraped everywhere at the stock ride height. And I wanted to lower it 1''.
I searched everywhere and you can not find the old style skinny spoilers. I don't know why SOS doesn't make them. There's a market.

Anyway, I MADE one. I took my fat one, and cut it in half. It actually turned out really well. It took me a week of messing with it, going very slow with it, but you can't tell it's not stock, and I now have my car lowered 1'' with no scraping.

I've been meaning to post pics for a year now. I'll try to dig them up...
The NSX lowered 1'' with 17''/17'' wheels looks infinitely more sexy.

Last edited:
Back