• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch comparisons - your preferences and experiences

I've read all the reviews of all the different aftermarket clutch manufacturers, and everyone's thoughts and experiences, and I *STILL* can not make up my mind in which one to go with...

OEM rebuilt - $ ?
Centerforce - $ ?
Comptech powergrip - $2100
DALI - $ ?
Davis Acura Racing - $ ?
RM Racing - $ ?
Motor Mail - $ ?

What are the prices with the light weight flywheel? I can see on the comptech website that it looks like the lighter flywheel *does* come with the powergrip clutch kit... but what about the others?

Which one do you like best for the price? Which one does the least amount of chatter? And which one is stongest? I dont mind increased pedal effort...as long as the clutch is much stronger and its not studdering...

Lots of questions... big decision!
Thanks for your help!

-Electro

I went through the same with my clutch. I probably would have went with the dali, but I couldn't get a straight answer of what it came with. I 'think' its just the flywheel and clutch. I went with RM for $1299 it comes with flywheel through the throwout bearing. I can tell no more pedal pressure than stock. Took it to the track and it seemed to pull just fine. No shudder except when I don't release the clutch correctly. I have driven many standards over the years, the NSX took me the longest to get used to. Now its great.

I got the Dali..It is just the Clutch and flywheel, the bearing package is separate.
Total cost minus the Core deposit ( gotta send your old core back) is 1,250.

The Feel is GREAT. The pedal feel is *slightly* higher than stock and it hooks up even if you pop the clutch at 7K rpm's. (I didnt try that..really..). So far I've driven/ ridden in a few other NSX's but none of them have quite the quick throttle response that mine does from the lighter flywheel.

Electro,
I have to agree with Maomao...the feel of the Comptech powergrip is great. The lightweight flywheel definitely makes the engine feel livlier and gives more immediate throttle response. As for chatter...I followed my mechanic's advice and took it easy for the first few hundred miles. I have had ZERO chatter and the grip is unreal. I am running a 6 speed with 4.55 ring and pinion and put alot of torque to the ground quick in the lower gears. The CT clutch holds incredibly. I've actually had my TCS kick in on the 2-3 shift...now that's clamping pressure. As for the cost, you can defer $200 of it by sending your old clutch unit to Mark Johnson at Dali Racing...if it's rebuildable, he'll buy it.

dali (centerforce) come with lighten flywheel....same if not less pedal pressure...it grabs! No shudder.

Anyone of you get your core charge back?

Back