• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Consolidated NSX Fiesta information

I took the liberty of compiling the info to date into a wiki page. Anyone else is welcome to update it as various details are decided upon (hotels, etc.)

http://nsxprime.com/wiki/NSX_Fiesta_2010

Bob, what do you think about adding a section to with a table for the RSVP list? That way people can upddate the table to show when they have reserved their flights (and maybe what flights they are on if people want to fly together), reserved the various hotels, paid for the NSX Fiesta registration, paid Hirofumi for anything needed in advance (for tour busses, entry fees to some of the sights, etc.), so we have a better way to track everyone's status once we really get into it.

Also, I am still not clear on the rail passes so I didn't address them in the wiki. From my limited understanding based on previous trips I don't think they make sense for us (the various passes either don't cover the trains we need or cost more than the tickets we would need to buy), but I haven't research it and some other people seem to think they do make sense. I am certainly not an expert on the train system in Japan so if someone wants to research the train passes that would be nice.

Great idea Lud. Thanks for taking the time to do this. With so many people going and so much data out there, the more organized we can be the better.

Anyone:

As we get closer and closer to the event, it would be extremely helpful to have answers to the following questions:

1. Is the Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa the main hotel/meeting place in Tokyo? Alternate?

2. What time should train reservations be made for moving from Tokyo to Kyoto on 11/19?

3. What is the main hotel/meeting place in Kyoto? Alternate?

4. What time should train reservations be made for moving from Nagoya to Tokyo on 11/22?

5. Will Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa again be the main hotel in Tokyo for the night of 11/22? If not, where?

The thought of 150 westerners aimlessly milling about Japan is not a happy one. This very expensive trip needs a bit of organization.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Hirofumi has a room block in Tokyo and the hotel has not otherwise "released" the rooms for booking this far in advance. The only exceptions have been those of us who have booked early with rewards points or taken advantage of a good discount by prepaying the entire stay up front through Orbitz.

With respect to the trains, we will be traveling as a group and I anticipate that Hirofumi will address that as we get closer.

Hirofumi also has a rooms block at the Hotel Granvia in Kyoto. Kyoto at that time of year is very heavily booked up but some people have made reservations at other hotels through rewards programs (myself included). The "secondary" hotel is the Westin in Kyoto.

The backup hotel in Tokyo is the Shinagawa Prince that several of us have already booked early, also through rewards programs. http://www.princehotels.com/en/shinagawa/

Eithe the Shinagawa Prince or Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa would be a good choice for the last night depending upon individual's flight plans. Personally, I chose to stay a Hilton in a different part of the city to take advantage, once again, of rewards points (my entire trip, including airfare, has been for with rewards programs points) - - - your mileage may vary.........

Hirofumi has a room block in Tokyo and the hotel has not otherwise "released" the rooms for booking this far in advance. The only exceptions have been those of us who have booked early with rewards points or taken advantage of a good discount by prepaying the entire stay up front through Orbitz.

With respect to the trains, we will be traveling as a group and I anticipate that Hirofumi will address that as we get closer.

Hirofumi also has a rooms block at the Hotel Granvia in Kyoto. Kyoto at that time of year is very heavily booked up but some people have made reservations at other hotels through rewards programs (myself included). The "secondary" hotel is the Westin in Kyoto.

The backup hotel in Tokyo is the Shinagawa Prince that several of us have already booked early, also through rewards programs. http://www.princehotels.com/en/shinagawa/

Eithe the Shinagawa Prince or Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa would be a good choice for the last night depending upon individual's flight plans. Personally, I chose to stay a Hilton in a different part of the city to take advantage, once again, of rewards points (my entire trip, including airfare, has been for with rewards programs points) - - - your mileage may vary.........

So, I'm good to wait to be told to book at the Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa, and I won't be frozen out by not acting now?

And I'm covered with Hotel Granvia too -- just need to be told to call?

Great!

Thanks Bob for keeping up with this.
I want to book my hotel as soon as those hotels will let us along with train reservations so I won't get stuck out when doing everything at the last minute. I'll keep checking here periodically along with the wiki.

For any of those staying for a few days after the event in Kyoto (west of Nagoya), why not take the the train further west to Osaka (big business city), and on to Hiroshima (my personal favorite). My daughter and I have spent time in Hiroshima and I tend to like it better than Tokyo. A lot less intense. Less Hello Kitty stuff! haha! :smile:
Somewhat modern because of the blast. The street cars and bicycles give the city a bit of charm though. The Honora shopping district is really a lot of fun. I could live in this city if it wasn’t for the difficult Japanese language that is so tough for a Westerner to grasp.
A visit to the Peace Memorial Museum (Heiwa Kinen Shiryokan) may be a very intense an experience for some folks. Through displays of models, charred fragments of clothing, melted ceramic tiles, lunch boxes, and watches—and hideously surreal photographs—Hiroshima's story of death and destruction is told. The heat-ray-photographed human shadow permanently imprinted on granite steps can take you well beyond sadness, and the Dalí-esque watch forever stopped at 8:15 is chilling.

On top of all that, the Hiroshima locals love Westerners, especially Americans. Go figure! You can also take a train and then ferry over to Nishi-Nomi island for some of the most beautiful temples. Feel free to PM me for any info on the Hiroshima experience.

Here is an update from Hirofumi regarding the trains:

"I think it is better to book bullet train "Tokyo to Kyoto" and "Nagoya to Tokyo" as group. It is cheaper. But when I book them I need the number of people. And some people want to ride on a first clas as(Green car) and someone has JR pass. After attendees fix, I will reserve. Fare will be included in your fee."

For any of those staying for a few days after the event in Kyoto (west of Nagoya), why not take the the train further west to Osaka (big business city), and on to Hiroshima (my personal favorite). My daughter and I have spent time in Hiroshima and I tend to like it better than Tokyo. A lot less intense. Less Hello Kitty stuff! haha! :smile:
Somewhat modern because of the blast. The street cars and bicycles give the city a bit of charm though. The Honora shopping district is really a lot of fun. I could live in this city if it wasn’t for the difficult Japanese language that is so tough for a Westerner to grasp.
A visit to the Peace Memorial Museum (Heiwa Kinen Shiryokan) may be a very intense an experience for some folks. Through displays of models, charred fragments of clothing, melted ceramic tiles, lunch boxes, and watches—and hideously surreal photographs—Hiroshima's story of death and destruction is told. The heat-ray-photographed human shadow permanently imprinted on granite steps can take you well beyond sadness, and the Dalí-esque watch forever stopped at 8:15 is chilling.

On top of all that, the Hiroshima locals love Westerners, especially Americans. Go figure! You can also take a train and then ferry over to Nishi-Nomi island for some of the most beautiful temples. Feel free to PM me for any info on the Hiroshima experience.

Now I am staying in Hiroshima for business.

Hirofumi

Back