• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Corona Virus

Well I dont get on here enough anymore since the sell of my NSX. I do want to want to wish all my ex NSX brothers good heath to you and your families. I'm sure we're all affected by this in some way or another. It's hard to imagine the entire world would be affected by something like this. Just last night Chik Fla announced no more indoor dining, drive through only. My local grocery stores are struggling to keep food on their shelves just from the panic and we are limited to only 1 of each item. As of now we dont have 1 case in our area but I'm sure its just a matter of time. The next few months will be trying for sure so stay safe and stay healthy.

And for all the medical, civilian, and military folks whose mandate is to keep us safe, thank you.

thanks for coming out of retirement Dave...I remember your many community minded posts in the past....what car are you driving now?.....

To all who are hunkered down like me, hold a good thought, this too will end eventually.
I hope all on Prime stay virus free.
H-

The COVID19 seems to had become a sensitive topic. Some elder folks and young people don't care much about it, ex. like YOLO mentality. An another group is scared to death about it and panic.

I believe a report mentioned that young people and kids are not immune to severe symptoms of COVID-19.

I am just worried about the unknown of the aftermath the virus will do to the body because I have a feeling that most people will eventually get it.... Stay safe.

I saw videos of Bergamo, Italy, hundreds of coffins stored within and around a church, overcrowded emerency rooms with doctors dressed like in a experimental laboratory, people liing dead at home for several days because funeral homes are overrunned and some of their workers infected as well. Stay safe.

humans are worse than cats:wink:

you would be surprised at the multitude of older Americans who think nothing of coming to one of our medical facilities for routine/screening imaging....:rolleyes:

There are 19,774 confirmed cases in the US already, I hope it doesn't get any worse than this.

Seems like a lot and it is scary , but in reality that is like 0.000035% of the population

The common flu is much more prevalent and kills many more people.

The good news is is that is finally slowed to a crawl in China where it was first reported and some noble prize winning biochemist recently said that it will slow everywhere very soon. Most people are immune to it in fact according to him.

I like many recently have been put out of work and there is no knowing what happens next and how long this will last. The effects it already has had the the economy will take years to recover.

Scary times, stay healthy and hopefully wealthy

China (with the exception of the beginning as we all know since a few days), Singapur, Taiwan and Hongkong were very, very restrictive at the beginning. In contrary, Europe and and the US were reacting very slowly and still do. In 14 days, that's the time of incubation where you don't feel anything at all but are able to spread the virus among other people, you already could have up to 800'000 infected. This number will show lower in the stats if they run out of tests. Not only people with the coronavirus will suffer from the possible collapse of the health system but also all other cases/patients who need urgent care (cancer, heart attack or stroke), plus all the chronical diseases (diabetes...).
At least California and NY went ahead (curfew).

Don't panic but it's serious enough. Stay safe.

increasing the burden on healthcare are the significant # of people who get hysterical thinking they have the covid-19 but just have common cold/allergy/flu....every one of them now has to be treated as if they do wasting precious resources...

To all my nsx friends ..The rules in place may seem harsh but the goal is to slow community spread..ie flatten the curve..until we can get a solid mass produced vaccine/ optimal antiviral cocktail.....Look at the bright side which is families are getting to experience how to live together rather than rely on outside stimulation to distract from .........being a family.....

Think about all of this as trying to save the "greatest" generation....

I was in the camp that it won’t be any worse than the flu. Well that has changed for me now and I’m extermely worried. I pretty much put my family into isolation starting last weekend when they canceled school. Yesterday, March 20th, the Governor of Florida ordered all medical and dental offices closed until May 8th unless it’s for emergencies outlined. I’m pretty much out of business and don’t know how I’m going to recover from this. Very sad and scary times. 😢

I'm sympathetic to all of the small business owners under huge stress due to mandatory shelter in place...Having to manage employees/ overhead /fixed costs...but you are not alone this is systemic ...there may be some state and federal aid/loans to get you by?

I'm sympathetic to all of the small business owners under huge stress due to mandatory shelter in place...Having to manage employees/ overhead /fixed costs...but you are not alone this is systemic ...there may be some state and federal aid/loans to get you by?

Florida has a disaster loan available. You still have to fill out a full financial statement and qualify for the bridge loan. I'll be doing that the next few days. I've told my staff that they may not have a job in six weeks. I know I'm not the only small business owner worrying, but that still doesn't help my personal situation.

I did learn something very important as a result of this. My education limited me to only being proficient in one job. There is no way I'm letting my kids make the same mistake.

Last edited:
Well, back in 2008 the government had to bail out the banks....now its time for the banks to bail out the government and the people

One of the only ways and best ways to save the economy is to set up a nationwide deferment program on most major loans such as mortgage, business and even car loans.... even if it's only three months should be enough for most of us to make it through this... hopefully god willing this horrible disease will be slowed to a crawl by then.

What the area looks like when 20,000,000 people stay indoors............

i-XZZ4PJ7-XL.jpg

i-SsV3tMQ-XL.jpg

i-C2bFcrt-XL.jpg

i-sMGqtTB-XL.jpg

i-v5zcThq-XL.jpg

i-bt7zQPK-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Back