• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Corvette Owner ENVYS!

Re: Corvette Owner ENVYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...there is a 94 vette a few blocks away from where i live and it is done up to look light a ferari,door louvers,hood,back window removed and replaced with ferari style engine cover. one of the nicest vettes ive seen.
sorry,i dont mean to offend anyone.

If you're going to butcher a 'vette, the C3 would be the one to go with. No offense to any C3 owners. ;)

Last edited:

i still say that the nsx is responsible for the corvette looks,you look at the 80's-early 90's vette. they look like shit.out comes the nsx for the 91 model year,...........wow look at those side scoops,wow look at the low stance, wow look at the staggerd whhels, wow look at the sleek position of the front lights. i dont know,its just my opp.every time i see one i see a copy cat. in 1997 the corvette went from being an americain muscle car-to being an americain imatation of a exotic. i saw on tv a few years back that the corvettes where being tested and designed in germany at the porche facility. and you look at the early 90's vettes and how many people put body kits on them. there is a 94 vette a few blocks away from where i live and it is done up to look light a ferari,door louvers,hood,back window removed and replaced with ferari style engine cover. one of the nicest vettes ive seen.
sorry,i dont mean to offend anyone.

Staggered wheels, yes. But the C5 looks like a direct rip off the FD.

i still say that the nsx is responsible for the corvette looks,you look at the 80's-early 90's vette. they look like shit.out comes the nsx for the 91 model year,...........wow look at those side scoops,wow look at the low stance, wow look at the staggerd whhels, wow look at the sleek position of the front lights. i dont know,its just my opp.every time i see one i see a copy cat...

I think the commonality between the C4 and the NSX has more to do with common design themes that were popular in the 80s. And I doubt anyone at GM had ever laid eyes on an NSX when they were finalizing the design details for the '91 make-over.

The C5 looks similar to the NSX because they had the same exterior designer, Ken Okuyama.

Beautiful Car, it was the beginning of a new era of the japanesse supercars

Last edited:

he also designed this... :biggrin:

8759-2000-Chevrolet-Camaro.jpg

Please don't flame me for this but does anyone think of their NSX (I have a Formula Red /94 with 32,000 miles -- stock except for the /04 header to muffler exhaust system I just installed) as a Japanese Ferrari Dino? I don't think the NSX really compares to the Vette for a variety of reasons and not sure why but the NSX just strikes me as a more reliable (and probably better) Dino.

For sure I could have bought a Vette here in the Motor City. I have nothing bad to say about Vettes -- just would rather have something a bit different and as a longtime Acura buyer who has had great experience with a series of Acura TLs the NSX was in my comfort zone. Most people around these parts have no idea what it is.

I have put 13,000 miles on mine since I bought it in November 2009 (including the drive back to Michigan from Phoenix) and they have been almost totally trouble-free. Aside from scheduled and some preventative maintenance, a bit of dash and rear hatch squeak/rattle elimination, one spark plug that went bad, a self-inflicted decapitation of the power antenna and now a brake master cylinder that will be replaced tonight, absolutely nothing has gone wrong. Not too shabby for what is now a 17 year old car.

Best,
Jeff

Please don't flame me for this but does anyone think of their NSX ...as a Japanese Ferrari Dino? ...
Best,
Jeff

Nope. When it came out, the Dino 246 was, imho, one of the five most beautiful cars ever.

800px-Dino_246_GT.jpg

The NSX may share the Dino's v-6 engine configuration and drive train layout, two seat coupe body type, number of cogs in the gear box, etc. And the NSX is an exceptionally lovely car, but it is no Dino.

tof -- thx for posting that pic......beautiful. I'm sure you are right that the NSX is no Dino :redface: (but in some ways this is probably a good thing).

tof -- thx for posting that pic......beautiful. I'm sure you are right that the NSX is no Dino :redface: (but in some ways this is probably a good thing).

I could not agree more. I would rather have a Dino in my garage to look at but I'd rather have the NSX to drive!

I sold my NSX for a Z06 :eek:. Yes there every where you look. But after a set of coilovers and swaybars the corvette was handling just as good as my NSX. It also has alot more power then the NSX. And the LS-t-56 is one of the most proven setups around.

Now it does have it down falls. the interior is horrible and the trans is the notchest thing around. Add a short shifter and knob, momo steering wheel, Double din nav, and maybe a set of Pole postions and the interior is now 100 times better. And you can always get the t56 converted into a t-6061, which has a feeling like no other and gives the Z06 that super car tranny.

All in all I dont regret selling my NSX for a Corvette. It was going to cost more money to get my nsx to move like the corvette does.

The C5 looks similar to the NSX because they had the same exterior designer, Ken Okuyama.

Yup

and per wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Okuyama

add to that list the Porsche 996, Porsche Boxster, Ferrari Enzo, Ferrari 599, Mitsubishi Colt CZC, Maserati Birdcage 75th and Ferrari P4/5

Not saying those look like an NSX, just noting his other involvements

Yup

and per wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Okuyama

add to that list the Porsche 996, Porsche Boxster, Ferrari Enzo, Ferrari 599, Mitsubishi Colt CZC, Maserati Birdcage 75th and Ferrari P4/5

Not saying those look like an NSX, just noting his other involvements

Well, I'm about to have my 4th car designed by the same guy. NSX, C5 Z06, Boxster ansd now 996. I think I'll take tye P4/5 next time!

Well, I'm about to have my 4th car designed by the same guy. NSX, C5 Z06, Boxster ansd now 996. I think I'll take tye P4/5 next time!

i recommend the 90's Camaro next. :biggrin:

???

I was putting gas at a 76 gas station in my NSX, and a Older gentleman
came in in his Z06 which was nice (not a fan) but anyways he parks
and he told me I had a beautiful car also he he was asking about the
drivetrain he had no idea what it was so I gave him alittle info on it. I told him he had a nice car and he replies by saying corvettes u see day and night but a nsx is special because you dont see them as much in the street.

Thats the Beauty of not having a DOMESTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How this qualify as "ENVY" ?? I don't get it, he is an enthusiast that appreciates car, you say you are not a "fan" of the vette .. kinda like "ricer-racer talk" ..... sorry.

What is the problem with Domestics? the C6 Z06's and vipers are stunning and impressive cars.

Oscar

Indeed, a more accurate title may be Corvette Owner RESPECT.

I'll admit, if I had the money, I'd have both and a number of other cars that always pop-up in the comparo threads.

TO OSCAR DRIVER

I didn't say I dont like the VETTE its a beautiful car but im not a fan. period
some people in the forum just cant enjoy a moment but they have to kill it for everybody else.
Anyways if u love the vette so much sell your nsx and buy a vette and belong to their forum. Respected to all the vette owners, also no harsh feeling to oscar driver Where all family in this forum

Last edited:

TO OSCAR DRIVER

I didn't say I dont like the VETTE its a beautiful car but im not a fan. period
some people in the forum just cant enjoy a moment but they have to kill it for everybody else.
Anyways if u love the vette so much sell your nsx and buy a vette and belong to their forum. Respected to all the vette owners, also no harsh feeling to oscar driver Where all family in this forum

That's the true spirit then, about getting ride of mine for a vette, naaaha, I would never sell my NSX for a Z06, I would though, hopefully have both! :) .. sorry If I sounded a bit jerk, lol!

Oscar

No Prob WHERE ALL FAMILY HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

attachment.php

Here is the shot at my work parking lot recently.

The viper was driven by a gal and sometime, she drives in with her husband's Viper, a GTS coupe version in Yellow.

Attachments

• parking.jpg
    parking.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 484
Back