• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Corvette Owner ENVYS!

Re: Corvette Owner ENVYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carmar you are the smartest owner in that lineup because you know the deleterious affects of UV radiation on the interior.:biggrin:

I would'nt be tracking the ZR1...much:wink: I would use it as a freakishly fast street car. The standard Zo6 would be my choice for a track weapon.And again I would prefer that GM build the unique interior instead of me.

You can't drive even a Z06 to anywhere near it's potential on the street, never mind a ZR1. In my opinion, owning one and driving it only on the street makes no sense. It's like only ever going to first base with your wife/girlfriend. To each his own I guess.

You can't drive even a Z06 to anywhere near it's potential on the street, never mind a ZR1. In my opinion, owning one and driving it only on the street makes no sense. It's like only ever going to first base with your wife/girlfriend. To each his own I guess.

so are you telling us that in your opinion every 500+ hp car should be limited to track only:confused:

so are you telling us that in your opinion every 500+ hp car should be limited to track only:confused:

he has a point, but it all depends where you live too... heck a prius is enough to get you in trouble in my neck of the woods. some areas you can use the power all the time.

regardless, in public you should keep things to first base, maybe an occasional second base groping when no one is looking... but going all the way can get you thrown in jail. :smile:

What I said was that if you're only driving it on the street (and presumably staying within a reasonable distance of the laws), then you're only ever driving a fraction of the car's potential, which makes no sense to me why you'd ever buy the car in the first place.

Another analogy for you if the girlfriend one didn't resonate: buying a ten thousand dollar HDTV and getting your programming through a rabbit ear antenna.

What I said was that if you're only driving it on the street (and presumably staying within a reasonable distance of the laws), then you're only ever driving a fraction of the car's potential, which makes no sense to me why you'd ever buy the car in the first place.

Another analogy for you if the girlfriend one didn't resonate: buying a ten thousand dollar HDTV and getting your programming through a rabbit ear antenna.

well, as was mentioned above where you live and the road system is integral to the enjoyment of driving.I don't condone fast agressive street driving in populated urban/suburban areas, but I live in a place with miles of country roads. I also frequent the track.......but I have driven friends fast 500-600 hp street cars ...and I get it..the video game rush of that kind of acceleration is intoxicating so yes for me i could see having a zr1.:smile:

Last edited:

In all honesty I would be very interrested in the ZR1 if GM would've spent a couple two-tree dolars on a nice alacantra/carbon/suede supercar interior ......:rolleyes:

Put me on that list too. If they could manage to replace the fake carbon fiber on the inside with some of the real stuff, and put some nicer plastic switchgear in there, I would buy one. It boggles my mind how they can have truly BAD fake carbon fiber on the inside of a $120,000 car. Unacceptable.

I drove a new ZR-1 for a fair amount of time last fall, and can say that merging on to the highway and passing people was REALLY fun with all of that power on tap. Drop down from 6th to 3rd and punch the gas, and you WILL make that exit ramp, no matter how many cars you need to pass. LOL! :D

I drove a new ZR-1 for a fair amount of time last fall, and can say that merging on to the highway and passing people was REALLY fun with all of that power on tap. Drop down from 6th to 3rd and punch the gas, and you WILL make that exit ramp, no matter how many cars you need to pass. LOL! :D

Amen.

Liquid.....before you knock the rabbit ears you should give them a try. Satellite and Cable both use compressed signals. Over The Air ( OTA ) transmission gives full broad spectrum and produces a much better picture and sound quality. Watching satellite/cable on a high quality HDTV is like watching a DVD instead of Blu Ray ( OTA ). NSX vs Corvette. There is only one letter difference between class and crass.

You are quite literally the first person I've ever heard doing that but I'm glad to hear you are using and enjoying the rabbit ear antenna setup for your HDTV. You are, aren't you?

I also apologize for failing to use the absolute perfect metaphor to describe the situation. Tell me, do you find yourself washing your hands after you've just finished washing your hands? Your post reminded me of that for some reason, I can't quite figure out why.

Sorry Liquid. I owned a chain of electronics stores for over 25 years. If you haven't tried OTA you should. I am not using rabbit ears because I live too far from transmission source and hills/valleys here in California can block signal. I AM using a roof mount antenna that cost about $100. I promise you....the picture quality is amazing.....MUCH BETTER than cable or satellite. Do some research. Nope.....don't wash and wash again.

The beauty of the game is when one has the means to afford something, it does not really need to have any justification per any bystanders. I doubt many people who buys their Ferraris, Lambo, or any 500+ hp cars would care how these cars would perform on the track, much less "making sense" to THEM why they would blow that kind of money on those cars in the first place. Same goes for expensive watches, pens, cocaine, underwears, shoes, and whatever.
No, I did not buy the NSX as a track car. I only bought it as a penis extender and I don't think it is big enough. I hope some day I can bear to use a Pontiac GTO.
Steve

One of the reasons why i don't like the C5 Z06 anymore is due to the fact that it never came from the factory with HIDs.

However once someone uses something like http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W it magically transforms their C5 Z06 into something more modern looking.

Sorry Liquid. I owned a chain of electronics stores for over 25 years. If you haven't tried OTA you should. I am not using rabbit ears because I live too far from transmission source and hills/valleys here in California can block signal. I AM using a roof mount antenna that cost about $100. I promise you....the picture quality is amazing.....MUCH BETTER than cable or satellite. Do some research. Nope.....don't wash and wash again.

I will agree here. I work for an ABC Affiliate TV station and it is true the OTA signal is considered the best unmolested HDTV signal you can get from a broadcast TV station. I use cable mostly because with the mountains we don't get the OTA signal from most of the broadcast TV stations here.

I will agree here. I work for an ABC Affiliate TV station and it is true the OTA signal is considered the best unmolested HDTV signal you can get from a broadcast TV station. I use cable mostly because with the mountains we don't get the OTA signal from most of the broadcast TV stations here.

+2. I only use OTA though - no cable, satellite, netflix, etc :biggrin:

Dave

Change thread to whats better for my hd programming lol.
Back on point, i think its easier to make power than handle better. My bro gave my c6 vette friend a run for his money in ctsc s2000, 403 whp. On turns, it was over. S2k was mashing while vette was 3 wheeling it according to my friend driving the vette. Imo nsx with same power as vette will kill most cars on road

Back on point, i think its easier to make power than handle better. My bro gave my c6 vette friend a run for his money in ctsc s2000, 403 whp. On turns, it was over. S2k was mashing while vette was 3 wheeling it according to my friend driving the vette. Imo nsx with same power as vette will kill most cars on road

What's the MPGs on the blown S2k?

probably not as good as a stock or tuned vette with or without intake and exhaust mods....

attachment.php

Here is the shot at my work parking lot recently.

The viper was driven by a gal and sometime, she drives in with her husband's Viper, a GTS coupe version in Yellow.

That is awesome! What kind of a company do you work for? Auto related?

I don't get the point of this post. Of course if you give the NSX another 215 HP it will be in a different league. How much it would cost to get that much more HP as well as how well the car can handle it are questions in my mind. I bet you'd have to upgrade other aspects beyond just the HP (such as suspension, clutch, etc.) in order to truly have a sustainable platform.

With enough money, theorhetically you can start with any car and make it do anything. Make a Civic outperform a stock NSX? Probably pretty easy to do. But what's the point of that discussion?

As a current owner of a Corvette Grand Sport convertible as my daily (mostly) driver and my husband currently has a 09 Z06, i can honestly say that my "fun on the side car", my NSX gets more attention than either of our corvette's do. At the airfield where I work, EVERYONE says they like the NSX better than my vette...:confused: I love my NSX but i've had about 10 new vette's over the years and must say that it drives/handles way better than my NSX....actually, really one can't compare, it's a different world, not a bad one by any means but it doesn't compare to my vette in my humble opinion. I love this little NSX, a lot and i guess the fact that they are rare and a lot of people have never seen one before, draws the attention to them. I love the lines....just lacking the power that i'm used to. :wink:

I was not willing to give up my vette to have one....i've always wanted an NSX AND a vette, so i bought both...just for me and i love them...:biggrin:

Do you have stock NSX tire size? If so I can see how a C6Z06 with 295ft and 335rr can out corner the NSX.

I have 17s all the way around on my NSX- it had 19's when i bought it and they had to come off! felt awful when cornering...
and the tires are not stock, just a little bigger than stock...

Last edited:

I have 17s all the way around on my NSX- it had 19's when i bought it and they had to come off! felt awful when cornering...
and the tires are not stock, just a little bigger than stock...

how wide are the NSX tires?

Back