• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Couldn't get NSX got another amazing car

StealthTT said:
I have seen many car articles praising the 3000gt. And having the "jap supercar shootout" and it was nsx, rx7, supra, 3000gt, 300zx. The weight is the ONLY thing people bash the vr4 for. And the weight makes it a smooth ride, and it's only because of it's AWD system. lose the AWD it's much lighter, as light as a supra..
3000gt's are amazing state of the art in 1991, read some articles... I love it to death, it also is 40,000 cheaper then a NSX so I would hope it's not as nice in every stat

Comparing a the weight of a 3000GT to the weight of a Supra is kind of like comparing Roseanne Barr to Rosie Odonnell.

StealthTT said:
And the weight makes it a smooth ride, and it's only because of it's AWD system. lose the AWD it's much lighter, as light as a supra..

I am looking foward to see pics, VR-4s are very nice looking cars, especially clean ones.

The weight is one thing that really hurt this otherwise wonderful car.

Weight makes huge difference in acceleration and braking performance, especially in higher speed.

If you compare 3450lb Supra TT 6spd vs 3808lb VR-4. 342lbs is a lot. The weight makes a big difference after 0~40mph. Lets do a simple comparision, both Supra TT and VR4 have same 320hp bone stock:

0~100mph
VR4 14.6sec
Supra TT 12.6sec
0~120mph
VR4 23.2sec
Supra TT 18.9sec

Pre 94 VR4s with flip up head lights:
0~100mph
VR4 16.1sec
0~120mph
VR4 26.4sec

NSX on the other hand 2985lbs~3015lbs for pre targa NA1 model with no power steering
0~100mph in 12.7sec
0~120mph in 19sec

Both of which crash the VR-4. It is only in the 0~60mph range VR-4 actually have a chance against NSX. Weight does matters.

Last edited:
StealthTT said:
I love NSX's that's why I am on the forum. I know NSX's handle better, and feel lighter to drive, but yall shouldn't bash a VR4 sooo bad. If I said I bought a ford probe ok, flame away... But VR4's are considered jap supercars just like NSX's in the early 90's.. For those who said its a nice car thanks, I will post pics last this week..
hey, no flamin' probe gt's!!! i had a 1st gen, and it was a hoooot!!
put 160k very happy, torquey miles on it. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Back