• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Couldn't get NSX got another amazing car

EEERRRRRRGGGHH holding baacck ...Not ...flaming....errgghhh!

Ok I cant take it ..just one little one....The Value of Stealth,3000gts will never EVER go up....EVER! they will go down and down and down so you better not have signed up for 72 month financing.

Last edited:
The VR4 is a fun car. I had one back in high school and I loved it.

I really can't imagine its acceleration times being faster than my NSX though. The NSX feels soooo much faster... although it has been a long time since I've driven the VR4.

Congratulations on the car. You'll love it for a few years and then move on. Mine was a stepping stone to the NSX. Just as the NSX is my current stepping stone to the F430 or similar.

Don't worry about the elitists, every forum is full of them :wink:

haha, actually the VR4 from a stop feel's faster than nsx =)
then again it has like 330 ft-lb of torque so it has that merican muscle feel
upon throttle application, I wouldnt mind a VR4 Spyder car in my garage though
i think they only made 877 EVER!, i think i'd go for the 3rd gen Rx7 first =)
that was my first love =) haha until i found out you had to rebuild the GD engine every 10k miles..... LOL!

Redshift had a brand new "sportscar" in high school? I had a 1978 fiat 131 station wagon...man I only wish I could be an elitist!

Stealth..Congrats on your ride....enjoy it...use it and compare FOR YOURSELF if its the right car for you or if something else is...its your money.

test drive an NSX....you will see what we are telling you.

I would love to test drive a NSX, I like the looks I just wish for the price tag they had more performance. Most NSX owners I talk to admit there NSX's are kinda weak in the performance department..

That word performance has lots of different meaning for each of us,what specificly did "most" nsx owners you know complain about :confused: :rolleyes:

Yikes! Quite a bit of VR4 bashing in here :)

I say congrats on your new ride! I've owned an NSX, and driven my brothers VR4 (1993) a thousand miles or better now. Those bashing the VR4 aren't giving it enough credit and I doubt most have driven one. It does feel heavier (well, it is!), may not change directions quite as quick, but it will stick as good in a corner as an NSX and it can outlaunch one anyday. Just by adding a boost controller, my brother's car runs high 13's no problem, and he sucks :) Definately faster straight line then the 3.0 NSX (I had a '92).

If it can nearly match and even exceed the NSX in some catagories, why such the low opinion?

I admittedly held my nose a little high at first when he got it, but not anymore. ESPECIALLY after the first time it snowed :)

StealthTT said:
I love NSX's that's why I am on the forum. I know NSX's handle better, and feel lighter to drive, but yall shouldn't bash a VR4 sooo bad. If I said I bought a ford probe ok, flame away... But VR4's are considered jap supercars just like NSX's in the early 90's.. For those who said its a nice car thanks, I will post pics last this week..

Congrats on the car and ignore the car hating trolls. ;)

Oh yeah, and for those complaining about the weight of the VR4, I feel the NSX is several hundred pounds overweight.

mdb said:
Yikes! Quite a bit of VR4 bashing in here :)

I say congrats on your new ride! I've owned an NSX, and driven my brothers VR4 (1993) a thousand miles or better now. Those bashing the VR4 aren't giving it enough credit and I doubt most have driven one. It does feel heavier (well, it is!), may not change directions quite as quick, but it will stick as good in a corner as an NSX and it can outlaunch one anyday. Just by adding a boost controller, my brother's car runs high 13's no problem, and he sucks :) Definately faster straight line then the 3.0 NSX (I had a '92).

If it can nearly match and even exceed the NSX in some catagories, why such the low opinion?

I admittedly held my nose a little high at first when he got it, but not anymore. ESPECIALLY after the first time it snowed :)

I thought the quarther mile times for a 3.0 NSX was mid to upper 13's...that doesn't make it slower than a 3000GT

Numbers I've seen were around 14.2 or so for the 3.0. Depends on which mag testing where and when I suppose. Seat of the pants dyno gives it to the Mitsu ;)

I have driven dozens of Mitsubishi/dodge 3000gt/stealths and worked on every one of them cuz that's what I do for a living, as for "car hating trolls" I would rather consider myself a very informed realist the reality that I have learned of in the last 15 years is that Mitsubishi makes disposable cars just like Hyundai,Daewoo,and Kia these are cars you buy and drive for 60k then throw away..now they will go father than 60k but all bets are off at that point you may get lucky and you may not. there is a reason they give these cars away at 0% interest, no payments for 29 years and 10 year warranty*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My uncle in-law has a 3000GT TT and it has had so many mods I cant even count them all but it has been dyno tested at 680hp however every time I have been to visit him the car is in pieces in his garage, His wife says he has over 45k invested in the car! she calls it the "money pit" I don't care for the car, but that's cuz I have had the displeasure of replacing the rear turbo on many..

when you asked what people thought you opened up this can of worms.

I really liked my apple green Fiat station wagon but that doesn't mean it was comparatively a good car.

If you like the car than that's what matters, good for you and happy motoring.

Re: Sound fishy?? help ASAP

StealthTT said:
Hi,
Thank you for your interest in purchasing my car (1995 Acura NSX TARGA).
I have worked in USA for the past 6 months and I purchased the car there.
My company wanted me back home, so currently I'm in UK.
I didn't bring it home with me because the car's steering wheel is on the left side, and so it's
difficult driving it around the UK.
The vehicle is in good condition, has no technical damage at all, no scratches or dents, no hidden
defects, no smoking, remaining warranty available. Buy it now price is 8,000 USD (including shipping&insurance taxes).

--------------------------
Do you guys believe this? Should I buy it?

I can't believe that idiots still fall for this kind of stuff. Classic scam. Net's full of em. I had a car on autotrader and the ONLY leads I got were from nigerian scam artists. Man that pissed me off. IF A DEAL IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS! And whatever you do, do not ever agree to meet these people, they are ruthless. Just do a google search for nigerian scams and you'll see.

"Most NSX owners I talk to admit there NSX's are kinda weak in the performance department.."

Unlike many cars, the driver of the NSX is the deciding factor.
Where in other cars, it really does not matter who is driving.
I will admit I can not drive my NSX to its full potential. (yet)
Not many can. So, I have something to shoot for.
For $8000.00 you probably got a great car.
I drove one yrs ago and my knees hit the steering wheel.
Have fun with your new toy.

thanks alot everyone. I actually had some people standing up for the vr4, wow. I am shocked, I paid 11,000 upgraded turbos, catback exhaust, downpipe it's fast. 18inch chromies.. :)

StealthTT said:
But VR4's are considered jap supercars just like NSX's in the early 90's.. For those who said its a nice car thanks, I will post pics last this week..
Congratulations on your new ride, if you are happy, that is all it matters.

Quite frankly the VR4s(known as GTO in Japan) are never considered as Jpn supercars, definitely not in Japan.

VR4/GTO is the least popular of all the big 5 Japanese Sports cars in Japan during 90s (NSX/Fairlylady Z/Supra/RX-7/GTO). One of the reason why they move on with lighter better and better Lancer Evolution I~X.

For the 90s Japanese cars, I like R34/R32 and RX-7 the best, (I would own RX-7 now if wasn't for the glass motor), than followed by NSX and Supra.

StealthTT said:
1993 NSX 0-60 = 5.6
1994 VR4 0-60= 5.1
1993 NSX 1/4 time = 13.9
1994 VR4 1/4 time = 13.7

The 0~60times really depend on what magzine source you are using. I have seen times as low as 5.0sec for NA1 nsx and seen times as high as 5.9sec for VR4, I do also have that exact magazine.

In my younger years back when you can get a VR4 new, I got myself a new '95 VR4. I was a senior member of 3si.org (going by the name of SL Owner. I had a 3000GT SL that I traded in for a new VR4).

My car was modded to hell by GTPRO.

6182216-e280-028001E0-.jpg

6195807-8ad8-02000180-.jpg

6195812-3def-02000180-.jpg

6182221-08a7-027100D9-.jpg

Even with the mods and the tein suspension it does not come close to any of my NSXs. I sold it for a '95 NSX, then traded it in for an '01, and now I traded that in for an '05. There was once an article that said the 3000GT looks good on paper, but is poorly executed, and the NSX is the complete opposite. I 100% agree.

The 3000GT is the most unloved out of the Japanese Sports Car of the 90s. With the 3000GT I even had a hard time finding positive articles and die cast models. Even Mitsubishi themselves did not give it any love. They were more focused on the Lancer, the car that they considered their flagship sportscar.

No flame intended, just my opinion from owning both cars. The NSX is in a class of its own.

I have seen many car articles praising the 3000gt. And having the "jap supercar shootout" and it was nsx, rx7, supra, 3000gt, 300zx. The weight is the ONLY thing people bash the vr4 for. And the weight makes it a smooth ride, and it's only because of it's AWD system. lose the AWD it's much lighter, as light as a supra..
3000gt's are amazing state of the art in 1991, read some articles... I love it to death, it also is 40,000 cheaper then a NSX so I would hope it's not as nice in every stat

StealthTT said:
I have seen many car articles praising the 3000gt. And having the "jap supercar shootout" and it was nsx, rx7, supra, 3000gt, 300zx. The weight is the ONLY thing people bash the vr4 for. And the weight makes it a smooth ride, and it's only because of it's AWD system. lose the AWD it's much lighter, as light as a supra..
3000gt's are amazing state of the art in 1991, read some articles... I love it to death, it also is 40,000 cheaper then a NSX so I would hope it's not as nice in every stat

The AWD is probably what makes the car 'better' - got an AWD myself, it compensates. Congrats! on getting your car, if you do get a chance test drive an NSX - you'll find out what the fuss is all about :smile:

zahntech said:
The front wheel drive cars weigh 200lbs less, so the AWD is not even close to the weight differance to an NSX.

Or a Supra, for that matter, as he was saying.

StealthTT, you love the car, then good for you. Don't expect everyone to agree with you. It's nice, have a cookie. Go to some VR-4 board if you want everyone to agree with you.

Also, the fact that you think an NSX selling for $8000 is not a scam basically threw all your credibility out the window when you started the thread.

zahntech said:
Redshift had a brand new "sportscar" in high school? I had a 1978 fiat 131 station wagon...man I only wish I could be an elitist!
:biggrin: :biggrin: I guess I was being a bit ironic! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Did I also mention that my first car was a 70-something Ford LTD? We called it the banana... it was yellow... ish...:cool:

Like I said/implied, the VR4 is definitely a step down from the NSX... but just one step IMO. It's certainly a fun car for the budget you are working with... have fun!!!

StealthTT said:

I don't need to read articles to convince myself what is a better car. I also have a collection of 3000GT articles that demonstrates its a competent car, but if you have to compare it to the NSX, there is no comparison. Don't forget, I have owned both.

I thought it was a scam. his e-mails are very scamish i know i know.. I wasn't looking for everyone to agree, just getting some input from other car lovers on mine..

:confused:

Back